PDA

View Full Version : Time to get work permit in Moscow?

Delta268
28-08-2008, 10:58
Does anybody know how long it currently takes to get a work permit in Moscow? Also, are there any ways to speed up the process? Thanks.

kapione
28-08-2008, 11:30
PM me and I will explain best I know how

jcmuro
08-09-2008, 19:53
PM me and I will explain best I know how

Hi, I dont know why but i cannot send a PM. So, i am very interested on receiving a "how to" for this issue. Jesus, it is being a nightmare to me getting to make a work permission in Rusia.

Bels
08-09-2008, 21:26
Shall we talk legal? Shall we talk about the purpose of these new laws in Russia? You need to first of all be invited to be employed by a viable company who are used to employing foreigners. Anything else? Expect trouble with false papers.

What do you really want? To find a legal employer in Russia, and then everything else will fall in place. But if you purposely look for an illegal work permit, you may face imprisonment, a fine and permanent deportation. The employer will be fined even heavier.

Believe me! It's so easy for a policeman to look at your papers, and link your papers with between your current employer and the immigration office, and then you've had it. And believe all employers have visits.

Not even big BP is exempt,believed to be a security intrusion to Britain :)
Sorry I have to keep slipping it in , but they are our big brother of influence.

Bels
08-09-2008, 21:39
Ok, assuming you have an employer, of which reading again I think you may well have, reading articles from even top managers and a director, I'm afraid I don't think there is a way to speed up the Russian process. Err! bribes. Well let's assume BP is rich and it was no way!

Also due to our families experience in getting through redtape in family and business matters it's NO! NO! NO! There is no way you can speed these people up, as they are not efficient, and you have to accept that.

Ken Paris
10-09-2008, 18:57
Does anybody know how long it currently takes to get a work permit in Moscow? Also, are there any ways to speed up the process? Thanks.
I m having the same trouble :
We have an office in Moscow. Their HR says it takes 6 months before I could get a work visa. How's that possible to take that long ? (I am French, and they have already French employees there)

Bels
10-09-2008, 19:56
In one article I read it was a quota system , and long waiting to get your permit. On a later article I have read that the quota system has been sorted and increased.

And on an even later article, in fact upto date from BBC I have read about a massive lack of confidence in companies wanting to invest in Russia, due to their feeling it is an unstable country, politically and everything else.

I would have thought with this reduction of confidence in international companies bringing in employers, that there would be plenty of room in this quota system. And also Russia should be fighting for this confidence in investment to their country. But NO!

So I am confused in what is happening in reality.

andrich
12-09-2008, 18:27
I was confused also in this matter. Some of my prospective employers have been telling me that it would take no longer than one and a half to two months. But are there still more work permits to be given out to expats this year? Because I had someone else tell me that they couldn't offer visa support until january, due to "the new quotas legislation," whatever that means...Anyone?

d00d
26-09-2008, 12:45
1 Territorial body of the Federal Employment Service/Conclusion on expediency of recruitment and use of foreign labor force=2-3 weeks
2 Federal Migration Service Department/Permit for recruitment of foreign labor force & Individual work permit (plastic card)=30days
3 Federal Migration Service Department/Organizationís record card (accreditation at the FMSD)=14 days
4 Federal Migration Service Department/Invitation for receiving single working visa=16 days
5 Federal Migration Service Department/Execution of multiple working visa=2-3 weeks
~3,5 months
~2 months (speed up)