PDA

View Full Version : Spouse accompanying to FMS

MaltSokol
26-08-2008, 10:48
Does my wife have to a accompany me to FMS when I request the TRP?
It says that she must give her consent for me to live in her apartment, but it is not specified the way that this is done :) I was thinking about a notarial consent or something... and marriage certificate and apartment property papers.
Thanks.

nyinrussia
26-08-2008, 12:58
I know there has to be a notoraized letter giving consent of anyone who is registered to the apartment you will be living in. For example if your mother in law is registered to that apartment she will have to go with your wife to the notary to draw up the letter. I also know they were very specific in wanting a time period up to 3 years I think.

As far as your spouse going with you I do not think it is necessary. For myself my husband went as I do not speak Russian well yet so he was assisting me most of the way.

MaltSokol
26-08-2008, 13:32
No тёща in the apartment... :)
Thanks

TonyP
26-08-2008, 17:18
yes,it really depends on how fluent you are but you should have two copies of everything and all notorised, marriage certificate, ownership documents. And don't forget to get your passport translated into Russian, particularly important when you get the TRP for your three year registration. I found a good notary at chisty prudy for processing my documents, they are quick and not too expensive. They are located in the same block as the Coffee Bean cafe on Pokrovka.

MaltSokol
27-08-2008, 12:02
I found a good notary at chisty prudy for processing my documents, they are quick and not too expensive. They are located in the same block as the Coffee Bean cafe on Pokrovka.

Thanks, but I am in SPb :)