PDA

View Full Version : Arsene Wenger has lost his marbles

Len Ganley Stance
20-08-2008, 23:54
I am staggered by this transfer.

SILVESTRE SEALS SHOCK GUNNERS SWITCH | Football Transfer News, Football News, Fixtures, Results, Match Reports, Stats (http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/08/08/20/SOCCER_Arsenal.html)

Apparently Fergie completed this deal en-route to the North Pole.

He's got some ice to sell.

Gypsy
21-08-2008, 01:29
FFS - it'll take The Arse years to teach him the offside law.

Speechless - Wenger must be mad; Syvestre is worse than the pillock Brown.

Len Ganley Stance
21-08-2008, 07:25
Speechless - Wenger must be mad; Syvestre is worse than the pillock Brown.

Wes looks like Franz Beckenbauer in comparison with Silvestre.

Still, I suppose that it could be worse for Arsenal fans. Wenger could have signed John O'Shea.

Gypsy
21-08-2008, 07:42
Wes looks like Franz Beckenbauer in comparison with Silvestre.

Still, I suppose that it could be worse for Arsenal fans. Wenger could have signed John O'Shea.
..............or Titus Bramble.

Judge
21-08-2008, 11:48
Wenger is known for buying crap now and again... Fergie must me having a laugh right now.

Gypsy
21-08-2008, 11:53
Sylvestre must be too.

One minute considering Wigan or City, then the Arse come in for him.

Amazing.

trebor
21-08-2008, 11:58
Of course Wenger bought him..........................he's bloody French! :duhhhh:

Judge
21-08-2008, 12:01
I think it's got something to do with the french connection..:11158:

from sky news..

''He will now look to rediscover his best form at Emirates Stadium and challenge Gael Clichy for a place at left-back after signing a two-year deal with the Gunners.''

''rediscover his best form'', never knew he had a best form...

trebor
21-08-2008, 12:01
......Fergie must me having a laugh right now.

We could all have a laugh if after the deal is done Fergie announces Wenger paid too much for him! :mml:

Gypsy
21-08-2008, 12:03
We could all have a laugh if after the deal is done Fergie announces Wenger paid too much for him! :mml:He can't have too much of a laugh he bought him and has been paying him for 9 or more years.

trebor
21-08-2008, 12:07
He can't have too much of a laugh he bought him and has been paying him for 9 or more years.

I was refering to the famous incident when Fergie bought Rio Ferdinand and as soon as the deal was signed Wenger announced to the press he had paid 10 mil. too much! Don't think Salex was too chuffed.

Gypsy
21-08-2008, 12:12
I was refering to the famous incident when Fergie bought Rio Ferdinand and as soon as the deal was signed Wenger announced to the press he had paid 10 mil. too much! Don't think Salex was too chuffed.
Wenger was absolutely right in that case.

Since the fee is "undisclosed" I think we can assume it was very low and they're sparing Sylvestre's blushes.

Judge
21-08-2008, 12:26
The real joke is that UTD say that they wont sell to their rivals.. Remember Heinze last year... this is what UTD said about not wanting him to be sold to Lpool.

Here's Ferguson and David Gill in July 2007:

"On Monday night we received a written offer and it was a significant offer," Gill said. "We've rejected that - yes, because it's Liverpool. We wouldn't sell to Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea. We have relayed that to the agent. We have told him that in no uncertain terms.

You could argue that Sylvestre isn't as good as Heinze but it shows what a bitter man Fergie really is.

Gypsy
21-08-2008, 12:49
The real joke is that UTD say that they wont sell to their rivals.. Remember Heinze last year... this is what UTD said about not wanting him to be sold to Lpool.

"On Monday night we received a written offer and it was a significant offer," Gill said. "We've rejected that - yes, because it's Liverpool. We wouldn't sell to Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea. We have relayed that to the agent. We have told him that in no uncertain terms.

You could argue that Sylvestre isn't as good as Heinze but it shows what a bitter man Fergie really is.
The 1st since Bryan kidd to move from MU to The Arse. And Heinze is a quality international, Sylvestre is..................well, not.

He must have been bought as defensive cover in the hope that he doesn't actually play.

trebor
21-08-2008, 14:56

European champions, English champions. He's probably in therapy for his
his bitterness! ;)

trebor
21-08-2008, 15:11
Anyone see the England game last night?
I thought Becks was good :10168: and especialy Rooney. Good job Wes Brown got that goal or he would have got the wooden spoon.
Going to be very difficult against Croatia next month on that performance.

Gypsy
21-08-2008, 16:58
The fee was 750,000 according to the Grauniad. Plus they have to pay him for 2 years; say 1.5m a year.

I'd sit on the bench for them for half that. And be just as crap if I had to come on.

Judge
21-08-2008, 18:21
Anyone see the England game last night?
I thought Becks was good :10168: and especialy Rooney. Good job Wes Brown got that goal or he would have got the wooden spoon.
Going to be very difficult against Croatia next month on that performance.

I thought England played well... passed the ball around with confidence,looked sharpish,will get even better as a team with more games...
Agree about Becks,played well, danger came from his crosses and first goal from his pass..About 20 mins before the first half I watched the game,England put more than 5 passes together and looked like a real team.
I have no idea why Heskey was there.Defoe missed a good chance,gotta be taking our chances better...
James was hiding behind the wall for the 2nd goal,wall goes to one side and the keeper to the other.Not hide behind the wall and see nothing...and what the hell was he doing running out of his goal?
Croatia is gonna be tough,but the England team looks in better shape than before.

Judge
21-08-2008, 18:29
The fee was 750,000 according to the Grauniad. Plus they have to pay him for 2 years; say 1.5m a year.

I'd sit on the bench for them for half that. And be just as crap if I had to come on.

750,000...might as well be a freebie.
:farout:

ultimotattie
21-08-2008, 18:55
I read that England were totally outclassed last night and Czech contained them with ease for large parts of the game.

But then, Czech Republic have been ranked higher than England for a long time, so only to be expected.

I was watching Scotland vs Northern Ireland. Total borefest. N.I put 11 men behind the ball and hoped for the best, we couldn't break them down. They got a penalty from a silly goalkeeping decision, but couldn't even score it.

Judge
21-08-2008, 19:04
I wouldn't say totally outclassed England,but the Czech team looked good,like they always do.

trebor
21-08-2008, 19:09
I read that England were totally outclassed last night and Czech contained them with ease for large parts of the game.....................

There is some truth in that. Although it's too much to expect a completely impartial view from a Sweaty Sock :uk:

ultimotattie
21-08-2008, 19:14
We got some bad press last night for booing GSTQ, but UEFA and FIFA shrugged their shoulders and said they didn't care basically.