PDA

View Full Version : Exit Visa

Penguin Snacks
16-08-2008, 10:16
I got my temporary Residence earlier this year but my one year ME visa is still valid until October. Do I still need an exit visa to leave the country or can I get away on my ME visa?

jengaspar
17-08-2008, 11:09
technically it's not an exit visa, because you can leave without it, but it will be difficult to get back in. Also, are you sure that your multi-visa is still valid? When I received my temp res permit, they stamped my visa погашино (cancelled), and in its place is mt temp res stamp and registration stamp.

To get your so-called exit visa, you will need to go to your local OVIR office, fill out an application, pay 150 Rub (I think - can't remember now) at a Sberkassa, submit the application, 4 black and white passport photos and Sberkassa payment receipt to your OVIR officer, and then wait for about 3 weeks for the visa to be processed. I just picked mine up the other day, so the process is fresh in my mind. You don't need to have travel dates/plans in order to get the exit visa -- but it's advisable to have just in case you need to leave for an emergency. I explained this to my OVIR officer, who granted me the visa without problem.

Hope this is helpful.

Bels
17-08-2008, 15:05
I got my temporary Residence earlier this year but my one year ME visa is still valid until October. Do I still need an exit visa to leave the country or can I get away on my ME visa?

As the previous post confirmed, you ME visa should be cancelled. It's void anyway, as I presume you have the two stamps at the back representing TRP. So it's go to FMS for exit permission or whatever it's called. Permission to leave and enter back :)

Penguin Snacks
20-08-2008, 20:23
Many thanks for all your advice. I've got exit permits in the past but some expat told me if my old visa is still valid then I can use it. Mine hasn't got anything written that it is cancelled.

I've now sorted out an exit visa. Still roll on next year when I can apply for a Vid Na Jitelsvo!

TonyP
22-08-2008, 21:44
I did my registration just yesterday following receipt of TRP one week ago, the process of getting together all the documents in the right order, finding a notary to put their stamps and bits of ribbon around papers, even notarising a stamp provided by the FMS itself was almost as daunting as the TRP application 5 months ago. I took the opportunity to ask the началник ( a general) what was the earliest that I could apply for permanent residency? his reply was that I could make the application straight away.
The finger printing is voluntary and I was not asked to do it, but those who do not participate could encounter a problem later.
My old visa was not cancelled.

nyinrussia
23-08-2008, 18:54
It is always interesting to me that depending what fms office you goto that you get different answers. The problem is sometimes it is the worng information. Let me start by saying I only got my TRP a few weeks ago.

First your visa may not have anything written on it but it is no longer valid. I just double checked my passport, mine does not. I was told that once the TRP is issued your multi entry visa is automatically invalid. Also you will need to get an "exit" visa although it is really a one time re-entry visa. It will take 3 buisness days before you plan to leave.

Secondly you can only apply for a permenant residency 1 year later. The place where we re-register for 3 years confirmed that as well as our local fms office

Also congratulations on recieving your TRP

Bels
23-08-2008, 19:33
It is always interesting to me that depending what fms office you goto that you get different answers. The problem is sometimes it is the worng information. Let me start by saying I only got my TRP a few weeks ago.

First your visa may not have anything written on it but it is no longer valid. I just double checked my passport, mine does not. I was told that once the TRP is issued your multi entry visa is automatically invalid. Also you will need to get an "exit" visa although it is really a one time re-entry visa. It will take 3 buisness days before you plan to leave.

Secondly you can only apply for a permenant residency 1 year later. The place where we re-register for 3 years confirmed that as well as our local fms office

Also congratulations on recieving your TRP

And congratulations to you also, I think I've already congratulated penguin, but if not Congratulation Penguin.

I got mine last November 2007, and your information is the same. I think it's obvious, as you will have two stamps on the back of your passport, which clearly show that you have TRP. And from then on you follow the rules of having this TRP. Sorry, but I don't think there are any loopholes, of which I have the impression many here are looking for.

Please tell me there are loopholes, legal ones and not risky of course.

stephencray
26-10-2008, 22:01
Greetings from St. Petersburg.

Has anyone gone through the exit visa process? I got my TRP back in June, and am planning for a trip back to the states for Christmas. My local OVIR is a mess and I'm trying to limit the oppertunities they have to give me a migrane.

Is the application form for the exit visa available online. I'd rather get it done in the calm of my own home than in a room with unhappy people and a brusque staff.

Many thanks if you can help!

PAX...

Bels
26-10-2008, 22:20
I'd love to hear if it is. I don't think the FMS like to pick up the phone and discuss, or receive emails. And they will probably say what is the post, to send your forms. This applies to other forms of red-tape also. The Russian authority prefer you to queue up, visit them and to waste your time. That's the Russian way. Good Luck.

TonyP
26-10-2008, 22:21
As in my case, you should visit the FMS office responsible for issuing exit visas and it may be different from the address that gave you the TRP, if it is different then they will point you in the right direction. Take four b/w photos with you and you will be given an application form to be completed in Russian and a payment slip for Sberbank. Allow about three weeks for the visa but it can be done quicker in emergencies. The visa is a three part green document, one is taken on leaving Russia, a second (entry) is removed on your return and the third is what you should keep with you, with your passport along with your migration card.
:hooray:

stephencray
27-10-2008, 00:03
Many thanks. I went through hell in a handbasket to get my TRP, so I'm not surprised at all. I suppose there's a tough little optimist in me that refuses to die no matter how long I'm here.

Bels, I know exactly what you mean. The day I wne to the OVIR to finalize my residency, they sent me across town to get my fingerprints. Got to the place they sent me only to be informed that as of that day all fingerprints were done at the OVIR. Drove back across town, and lo and behold the damn cabinet for fingerprints was across the hall from the lady who sent me across town in the first place.

Sigh...Russia....