PDA

View Full Version : TRP granted – now what?

Penguin_The_Great
09-08-2008, 07:46
Hi everyone!:)
We have just received notice that my husband was granted TRP. We are not in Russia right now, but we’ll be traveling there shortly. My husband will get Temporary Residing Person visa to enter the country.

That’s where it gets confusing. He is supposed to show up at the address provided in the note (I assume it’s out local FMS) to receive his TRP. This should be done within 3 days after crossing the border.

Does he need visa registration to pick up TRP? Someone told me that TRP visa doesn’t need to be registered, you just go and pick up your TRP. Yet someone else said that FMS would not give you TRP without valid visa registration. It’s confusing.

Also, what is the next step after picking up TRP? Fingerprinting? At what point do they process “propiska” (registration)? I don’t want my husband to be stopped by the Police and fined for not having the “propiska”.

Any info will be much appreciated!

Jamesnewyear
10-08-2008, 23:23
Well what i can recommend is try to get the TRP on the very first day after landing in Moscow,Russia.i dont think that u would require to registrate if u travel with a TRP visa.incase they demand for one u will have 3 days time to do that and then receive the trp.once u receive the trp u will have to registrate at you local fms in 7 days(working days).so i dont think there is anything to worry.
Regarding finger print i am confused as i had done it before getting trp and not after.

Bels
10-08-2008, 23:35
Well what i can recommend is try to get the TRP on the very first day after landing in Moscow,Russia.i dont think that u would require to registrate if u travel with a TRP visa.incase they demand for one u will have 3 days time to do that and then receive the trp.once u receive the trp u will have to registrate at you local fms in 7 days(working days).so i dont think there is anything to worry.
Regarding finger print i am confused as i had done it before getting trp and not after..

First of all, you are informed that everything is satisfactory with your TRP application. From that point, you don't have to leave the country, and your visa no longer has meaning. There are further processes before you get the actual TRP, such as fingerprints, and a temporary "TRP" as you might call it, when you hand in your passport to get the real TRP stamped. Yes you get a simple sheet of paper, with your photograph on it, simply to cover you while the original one is being stamped on the back of your passport.

I think recollecting, it takes about a week for your passport to be returned with the TRP stamp on it. And not as impressive looking as the visas I'm afraid, but much more useful.

nyinrussia
12-08-2008, 08:40
Okay if I read your question correctly you and your husband are already out of the country. To get back in you will need a valid visa excluding the TRP because he has not offically gotten that yet. It will be cancelled as soon as he recieves the TRP.

As for taking a 7 days it did not for me. We went to the office after recieving notice and were told to come back a day later to get fingerprints. they then gave me the stamp in the passport the same day. Maybe because it is summer right now they are less busy.

As for the registration once he has the trp he will need to register 1x it will be valid for 3 years but will need to be renewed every year. So I would go to the FMS the day you get back in case they tell you to come back another day and go from there.

Proper Bostonian
12-08-2008, 10:18
First of all, congratulations Penguin re: TRP.

I'm still waiting for mine, but my local FMS told my husband he should go to our local passport desk so we can start preparing all the documents required to register once I have rceived my TRP.

The 1st time my husband went to check things out, that particular dept. was closed, but he copied down the list of requirements which included the following:

2 anketas
original & copy of TRP
notarized permission for 3 yrs living at address
kvinatsiya for registration
deed to apt.
marriage certificate copy & original
vwipiska dom knigi
kartochko otcheta substveny
migration card?
registration card
supplement #9 (whatever this is)
fingerprints

Half of this stuff was already submitted to the FMS office - is it really necessary to do again? My husband went back the other day to at least get the anketa & kvintastiya & the very rude woman working there told him to get lost and not come back until I'd received my TRP.

What's required once you receive your TRP? Thanks for inuput.

Penguin_The_Great
12-08-2008, 20:14
Geez, I thought the trouble was over when we got the paperwork for TRP submitted, but I can see it’s only the beginning... All of this is totally confusing.

I talked to the Russian Embassy in the U.S., and they said that my husband does need TRP visa. They will open it based on the notification that TRP has been granted.

This notification that we received states that we should come in to pick up the TRP and we should also have all the apartment documents with us (yes, we submitted them originally too, but okay, I guess we’ll bring them again). So this makes me hope that MAYBE they will give my husband registration stamp along with TRP stamp right there, at the same time???

The lawyer that I talked too said that theoretically FMS should put both stamps in my husband’s passport at the same time, and that will be that. In reality - who knows???? Also, it seems that every FMS does it differently.

Bostonian, supplement # 9 is an official note that states who is registered in the apartment.

Bels
12-08-2008, 20:22
Geez, I thought the trouble was over when we got the paperwork for TRP submitted, but I can see it’s only the beginning... All of this is totally confusing.

I talked to the Russian Embassy in the U.S., and they said that my husband does need TRP visa. They will open it based on the notification that TRP has been granted.

This notification that we received states that we should come in to pick up the TRP and we should also have all the apartment documents with us (yes, we submitted them originally too, but okay, I guess we’ll bring them again). So this makes me hope that MAYBE they will give my husband registration stamp along with TRP stamp right there, at the same time???

The lawyer that I talked too said that theoretically FMS should put both stamps in my husband’s passport at the same time, and that will be that. In reality - who knows???? Also, it seems that every FMS does it differently.

So, no problems, just some additional paperwork.

Bostonian, supplement # 9 is an official note that states who is registered in the apartment.

The good news is that when you are informed that your application has been accepted, you can stay in Russia, and forget about visas.
Yes there are some basic paperwork to do, including getting your fingerprints taken. It's nice to see that some get the stamps put into their passport immediately, but it's no real problem holding a temporary, temparary :) reidential permit for about a week.

CaliforniaAngel
12-08-2008, 20:22
Penguin- Did you give your foriegn address to the local FMS when you first applied? Did they send you a notice at your (foriegn) home address, or did you have someone in Russia who recieved it at your Russian address and then mailed it to you privately?

Penguin_The_Great
12-08-2008, 21:51
Angel, we filed in Russia and gave them the Russian address. Then we went back to the U.S. to wait for approval.
My parents are DHLing the notice to us now, so that we can use it to open TRP visa.

Bels
12-08-2008, 22:25
Angel, we filed in Russia and gave them the Russian address. Then we went back to the U.S. to wait for approval.
My parents are DHLing the notice to us now, so that we can use it to open TRP visa.

Can you open a TRP visa in the USA? Or do you have to first go to Russia to get it sorted? I am only aware of the latter.

Penguin_The_Great
12-08-2008, 22:35
If FMS lets you know that you’ve been granted TRP, but you are not in Russia, then yes, Russian Embassy/consulate is supposed to open TRP visa for you.
They just use FMS letter of notification instead of the usual “priglashenie” - invitation. It’s in the law, and the Embassy confirmed it, too.

Penguin_The_Great
30-08-2008, 01:37
If anyone is curious – we had no problem getting TRP visa for my husband in the Russian Embassy in Washington D.C. We sent them UFMS notification that TRP was granted, visa application, and my husband’s passport. Received his passport with the TRP visa two days later. It was surprisingly simple.