PDA

View Full Version : English Play Group

alterego
15-06-2004, 16:08
There seems like there may be enough interest in an English Play Group for me to organize one this summer. If there is enough interest I will organize one, in a central location with nice facilities. If it goes over well this summer we'll see about continuing it through fall and winter.

Responses to this post will be the only information that I will have to go on, so either post your interest here or pm me. I will post the results from this survey here in two weeks time.

Pingu
15-06-2004, 16:22
The British Women's Club playgroup meets throughout the year. Their website is www.bwcmoscow.co.uk, if you're interested. The IWC's playgroup might also meet as well. It's a good idea to ask at your Embassy, as there might be other smaller groups who are active all year round.

There has been a lot of information given already on good places for children's meetings - check previous threads or do a search. Last summer, using expat.ru, some of us met at the American Bar & Grill (the one on the Garden Ring, near Taganka), as they have an outdoor seating area and an indoor play area.

alterego
15-06-2004, 17:15
This could be combined with a parents coffee hour as the facilities which I am considering are good sized and pretty much unused for the summer. So if you post a response of interest include everthing that's on your dreamlist, days, times, English only, English Russian, parents coffee room, etc. We'll see what the common interest/need is.

rdennis
16-06-2004, 10:41
We are interested in a play group. We have a 3 yo and a 5 yo. Please feel free to call me on 916 204 59 82.

Robert Dennis

Alejandra Shashoua
23-06-2004, 19:33
We'll be arriving in Moscow with our boys: 5 and almost 4. Would love to join a playgroup. Let me know, please...

Tatiana
24-06-2004, 14:39
We would love to join a playgroup starting September. I have a 5 y/o son.

sdf
24-06-2004, 18:41
We'd love to join a playgroup when we arrive in late August. We have a 3 1/2 yr.-old son.

SunnyBunny
25-06-2004, 10:40
Count us in too from about September. We have an almost 4yo boy.

mmiller
25-06-2004, 11:43
We'd also love to join a playgroup - particularly in the afternoons. We're coming to Moscow in late August and have a 4 year old son.

alterego
07-07-2004, 15:18
Sorry for posting the results later than promised
and I'm sorry to say that the interest was minimal.
That is minimal in number of people even though most of the interested people were very interested.
So for those interested please look through this folder for possiblities as several have been posted here.