PDA

View Full Version : Scratching my head on this one . . .

elis
31-07-2008, 22:54
We all know Sal to be somewhat abrasive, nevertheless, I think we've all come to love him, or hate him, each in their own way. I'm trying to figure out exactly what he might have done today to warrant another banning. I've seen some pretty nasty and derogatory posts by others in the last few days, and they didn't get the axe . . . :eh:

Made me think of this:

But to say I know more harm in him than in myself,
were to say more than I know. That he is old, the
more the pity, his white hairs do witness it; but
that he is, saving your reverence, a whoremaster,
that I utterly deny. If sack and sugar be a fault,
God help the wicked! if to be old and merry be a
sin, then many an old host that I know is damned: if
to be fat be to be hated, then Pharaoh's lean kine
are to be loved. No, my good lord; banish Peto,
banish Bardolph, banish Poins: but for sweet Jack
Falstaff, kind Jack Falstaff, true Jack Falstaff,
valiant Jack Falstaff, and therefore more valiant,
being, as he is, old Jack Falstaff, banish not him
thy Harry's company, banish not him thy Harry's
company: banish plump Jack, and banish all the world.

MELODY
01-08-2008, 21:14
We all know Sal to be somewhat abrasive, nevertheless, I think we've all come to love him, or hate him, each in their own way. I'm trying to figure out exactly what he might have done today to warrant another banning. I've seen some pretty nasty and derogatory posts by others in the last few days, and they didn't get the axe . . . :eh:

Made me think of this:

But to say I know more harm in him than in myself,
were to say more than I know. That he is old, the
more the pity, his white hairs do witness it; but
that he is, saving your reverence, a whoremaster,
that I utterly deny. If sack and sugar be a fault,
God help the wicked! if to be old and merry be a
sin, then many an old host that I know is damned: if
to be fat be to be hated, then Pharaoh's lean kine
are to be loved. No, my good lord; banish Peto,
banish Bardolph, banish Poins: but for sweet Jack
Falstaff, kind Jack Falstaff, true Jack Falstaff,
valiant Jack Falstaff, and therefore more valiant,
being, as he is, old Jack Falstaff, banish not him
thy Harry's company, banish not him thy Harry's
company: banish plump Jack, and banish all the world.

"somewhat abrasive"--are you JOKING?! he is BLATANTLY racist, misogynist, vulgar, defamatory, lying, etc., etc., etc. belligerence is sport for him--and he takes it too far, too often. it is NO WONDER he was banned--yet AGAIN, and you need not wear out the hairs on your head over it by scratching. others may have posted something worse than a PARTICULAR post of his (and they would have got warnings), but NO ONE does it as often and as outlandishly as he does. HE IS AN INCORRIGIBLE TROLL. you take the worst post of anyone else and it's routine for sal , and that's why you are scratching your head--you've just gotten used to it. his totally disgusting and intolerable behaviour has become NORMALIZED. he should have been banned MANY TIMES before. it is simply time to pay the piper.

MickeyTong
01-08-2008, 21:19
Sal ain't no Falstaff.

Albertina
01-08-2008, 21:20
are there some juicy details in the 'Purgatory' :lovepot:

MickeyTong
01-08-2008, 21:25
I can't find any Purgatorized posts.......((((

Albertina
01-08-2008, 21:32
try Purged! :p

Transparent Theatre
01-08-2008, 21:36
Sal can be entertaining and amusing.

He can also be rude and obnoxious.

But if today was your first visit to this site, and some crazy guy started insulting you, your country, and sending you rude personal emails... you'd probably not rush to come back here.

And that's my problem with Sal... he screws this site up for too many other people. This site should be for everyone who wants to use it, irregardless of nationality, religion, sex, beliefs etc.

Sal has been viciously and unforgiveably personally rude to too many people here. Here's been warned, and temporarily suspended - but he never learns from any of this. And since his disgusting behaviour doesn't improve, there is no alternative to what has happened.

I don't feel sorry for him, because he had more "last chances" than a million other members who were banned for a lot less. I was banned from this site myself for six months, for typing the word "zzzzzz" in reply to a pal of one of the former moderators - but luckily those moderators have now gone, and we have a more civilised site. We need to KEEP it a more civilised site.

If someone verbally assaults strangers at the swimming pool, they are thrown out and not allowed back. It shouldn't be different here.

MELODY
01-08-2008, 21:42
Sal ain't no Falstaff.

Here will be an old abusing of Godís patience and the kingís English.
(1.4.4) Mistress Quickly, The Merry Wives if Windsor, Shakespeare

is4fun
01-08-2008, 21:46
Oh, I don't know. Call me soft but I always had pity on those who professed to anal leakage and asking for advice on how to contain it. I mean would anyone trust a single bout of flatulence with this condition? If anyone has eaten beens and wieners as much as I have would undoubtably understand!

Just a memorable moment of hounest comedy... HML <- Had Me Laughing!

MELODY
01-08-2008, 21:52
Oh, I don't know. Call me soft but I always had pity on those who professed to anal leakage and asking for advice on how to contain it. I mean would anyone trust a single bout of flatulence with this condition? If anyone has eaten beens and wieners as much as I have would undoubtably understand!

Just a memorable moment of hounest comedy... HML <- Had Me Laughing!

you're a sick man, izzy, just sick. unfortunately, i doubt there are any support groups for your "illness", and in any case, i think they would require more than the usual 12 steps.

Korotky Gennady
01-08-2008, 21:54
Sa
I was banned from this site myself for six months, for typing the word "zzzzzz" in reply to a pal of one of the former moderators -
.What does the word "zzzzzz" mean ? I guess something very bad... ;)

is4fun
01-08-2008, 22:01
you're a sick man, izzy, just sick. unfortunately, i doubt there are any support groups for your "illness", and in any case, i think they would require more than the usual 12 steps.

What is an Izzy? Not too much info on Wikipedia... ??

trebor
01-08-2008, 22:05
[QUOTE=MELODY;421755].................he is BLATANTLY racist, misogynist, vulgar, defamatory, lying, etc., etc., etc..............[QUOTE]

You're making him out to be some kinda genious. He wasn't.

The Traveler
02-08-2008, 12:29
I'm not usually inclined to put people down, especially when they are already down, but I'm going to have to agree on this. I, for one, and glad that he's been detained. I recently posted a thread about my opinion on how Moscow "feels" to me, which was written in a style that not everybody really understands. It wasn't anything factual, just based on my personal experiences, thoughts, and opinions. I agree that I shouldn't have written it here, because I should have known in advance that some wouldn't understand me, and take a lot of things too literally. However, Sal dragged me into an argument about several things (which is partly my fault, I never should have taken part in it), and he did consistently and blatantly claim that anything which was his idea was better, not to mention bashing many other ideas, or opinions. I did call him a bigot, but I don't think he understood that part. The things that he posted, what he said, was in my mind total ignorance, arrogance, insulting (not directly to me, but to many I would believe), and that's just the start of it. There's no reason for that here, and never have I seen more of it than from him.

Mirka
02-08-2008, 13:26
Generally I thing this forum should be about our feelings, ideas, oriented to help when somone need help and want to have fun. Not argue and attack. And what I really do not understnad is when people who doesnt agree with you PM you to have even more arguments.

Judge
02-08-2008, 13:48
I know this thread was made with good intentions but it's turning into a thread bashing Sal..Since Sal isn't around to defend himself,there is no point keeping this thread open.

Thread closed.