PDA

View Full Version : The History of expat.ru boozer nights

moscowmail
09-06-2004, 08:49
It is a long post, sorry guys, but may be worth a read :)

OK, I think because of a lot of new members it could be the right time to give you a bit of background and history.

When the site was purchased by a friend of mine I suggested that we should try and make this site a little more than a reference point or a forum to bitch and insult people, believe me that was all it was then, we had around 200 active members of which about 50 posted on occasion and 20 were regulars.

So, I posted that we should meet, 4 of us went to the first one, they can comment, they know who they are :) actually 2 more came after the initial meeting.

We decided to do it monthly because of various commitments and our real life social activities, well it grew, it really helped that Doug at the Boarhouse basically give about 15 of us more booze and food than we could handle, thanks again Dougy.

We tried a few places and basically it started to fizzle, why? well I am to blame I suppose, there were free loaders who came along, although as Braders said it is disrespectful, I just bit my tongue, what really annoyed me was a couple of girls who only came there to pick up men, for payment, seriously, they would ask me is he married, is he rich etc, this sickened me and put me off the whole thing.

JD's point about me paying, I tried but not all the girls would let me, K for one, it is only the way I have lived my life, I can afford it and I enjoy there company, in my mind women don't pay when in my company, I know the feminists may kick off here, but there ya go.

So, Ghost took the initiative, and credit where credit is due, he knew nothing of the previous events. And he has made it every week with a great success, total respect mate. A few comments about his personality came up, well if I could organize what he has done then maybe I would appear the same, Ghost, be proud mate, you are what you are and the people who like you, like you for what you are not for what they want you to be.

Ghost had help from the others, DPG, Braders, Moscow Wolf etc, respect to you all as well.

From these boozer events the band Lost in Moscow was formed, who are doing very well now, respect to you guys, and keep up the good work. Another band is being formed as I write this, well we will see what happens there, but watch this space.

A long post, sorry, all you guys out there, life is far too short for getting upset about stuff that is really not important, I do it myself often as well, so I am guilty of this.

On a final point, the Jet Li post was meant in not a bad way, he is a nice guy, but Ghost had a very valid point regarding the way it was titled, of course this is not meant to restrict people but use some common sense guys.

Cheers all

Len

Ghost
09-06-2004, 09:29
*tips hat*

Thanks, Len.

moscowmail
09-06-2004, 10:34
Welcome mate, I just looked and realised it is far to long to read :)

Ignia
09-06-2004, 11:23
No it's not - anyway It's worth reading :)
Thanx MM the story is really interesting

Kshisya
09-06-2004, 11:32
Originally posted by moscowmail

So, I posted that we should meet, 4 of us went to the first one, they can comment, they know who they are :) actually 2 more came after the initial meeting.

:D Lenny, the first one was the funniest ever :D :inlove: do you remember that HUGE "strippers" dancing around?? ;) sure that polly does remeber :p

yeaaaaaaaaaa that were the times....:rolleyes:

:D

DJ Biscuit
09-06-2004, 11:41
Respect, Len.

RE:'' A few comments about his personality came up''

All I can say is I like Ghost, because he has a personality, which is more than can be said for some, possibly those that are doing the bitchin' 'bout our man.

Fa-Q!
09-06-2004, 11:44
I hear ya, biscuit! All this excrement-slingin' makes me uncomfy, though. Historically, I'm an *****and not many people can appreciate me, but I'm friends with Chirs, Polly, RnR, hell, most everyone. Ya'll should knock off all that bickering. Don't ya have anything better to do?

[Edited/2nd today!]

(Edited. 3rd time :), be good F-Q)

Innosranets
09-06-2004, 11:48
Oh DPG ! Got a little work for you !

Fa-Q!
09-06-2004, 11:51
I though Sevan was the designated hiney-scratcher!:eh:

Ghost
09-06-2004, 12:01
Originally posted by DJ Biscuit
Respect, Len.

RE:'' A few comments about his personality came up''

All I can say is I like Ghost, because he has a personality, which is more than can be said for some, possibly those that are doing the bitchin' 'bout our man.

Back atcha, bud! You just need more cider :(

Innosranets
09-06-2004, 12:03
Originally posted by Fa-Q!
I though Sevan was the designated hiney-scratcher!:eh:

No ass scratching. DPG's got a little editing to do in one of your posts, Mr. Poopy Mouth.

DJ Biscuit
09-06-2004, 18:43
Originally posted by Ghost
Back atcha, bud! You just need more cider :(

Got it, in stock, fresh and I am off to have some!

Braders
10-06-2004, 02:22
Originally posted by moscowmail

I don't think i'll forget that night. :p

'Let's go to another place and get a few more in'...yeah right ;)