PDA

View Full Version : How does one get a car/driver

Vivtwins
23-07-2008, 05:29
I've heard it can help to have a driver but does anyone have any recommendations about how to find one? We will be in Moscow for a week and also need to find a good school for our kids.

:question:Many thanks

cupcake
23-07-2008, 14:58
Have you checked out the ads on this site? there are drivers offering services there.

Could the company who is relocating you assist in this?

When you say you are over for a week, is that the recon trip before your actual move? If so, then I would ask the company to supply you with a car and driver for that week, even if you have to pay for it yourself. Then when you finally move over you can find drivers through this site, advertised in the Moscow Times or through a few agencies. i don't have any names here but the book Living in Moscow should be able to help.

Living in Moscow is a book with loads of tips about living here and is available from all the women's associations - American Women's, British Women's or International Women's Organisation.

As for schools, I can totally recommend the English International School which is in the Novogireevo area in the east of the city and runs several school buses picking up throughout the city in the morning and evening.