PDA

View Full Version : Is there a "cleaning mafia" from Philippines?

kutuzdom
15-07-2008, 20:33
Greetings!

I am very surprised of the result of my ad, asking for a cleaner. I received messages from individuals, but also 3 messages from - it seems - 3 different people (unless one has 3 accounts?) saying in short "I have people from Philippines who can clean your place". Words used are "I HAVE", or "I CAN SUPPLY" make me a bit uncomfortable. Is there such "mafia' that "supplies" citizens from Philippines in Moscow, especially for cleaning?

Anyway I have chosen a person for the cleaning. Not from the Philippines, I would have nothing against of course, but prefer avoid a feeding slavery system.

Regards

SalTheReturn
15-07-2008, 21:09
Greetings!

I am very surprised of the result of my ad, asking for a cleaner. I received messages from individuals, but also 3 messages from - it seems - 3 different people (unless one has 3 accounts?) saying in short "I have people from Philippines who can clean your place". Words used are "I HAVE", or "I CAN SUPPLY" make me a bit uncomfortable. Is there such "mafia' that "supplies" citizens from Philippines in Moscow, especially for cleaning?

Anyway I have chosen a person for the cleaning. Not from the Philippines, I would have nothing against of course, but prefer avoid a feeding slavery system.

Regards

Believe it or not, I know it all.

Of course it would take time to explain it all but here you are with a syntesis:

1)it is not a mafia but yes there is someone helping them at the first place when they get here. normal i would say.
2)lots of people on this forum have hired cleaners from Philippinos, some of us after firing lazy russians.
3)it is not a slavery system, there is little to lucrate on the pay a Philippino gets.
4)they often browse this site in search for clients. a legitimate mean to look for clients.

No need to speak about mafia and slavery and I hope the mods/admins will erase this thread.

kutuzdom
15-07-2008, 23:51
Sorry if I offended them, but the way I was contacted and the words that were used, hurt me. You say that "there is someone helping them at the first place", so the 3 messages came from the same person?
One guy at first offered HIS services, signed by his (I assume) name. A few hours later I got a new PM from another username, signed with the same name, saying that he can SUPPLY a few people from Philippines. And some hours later a 3rd message from a 3rd account again made me the same offer, he "has" a few people working.

I understand that members of a community help together, but the way it is offered here looks strange. But why do you want to delete this thread? If so many people from Philippines are here, this is an informative thread, as many people here are looking for cleaners.

By the way are there more people looking for cleaners, or more cleaners? :)

Kingwillhe
16-07-2008, 00:36
10% of Philippine’s work abroad. There are hundreds of Agency's and third parties who keep them employed. They do jobs ranging from domestic to engineering, it's that simple. 75% of my staff are Philippine.

Sal, you're a prat.

SalTheReturn
16-07-2008, 00:41
10% of Philippine’s work abroad. There are hundreds of Agency's and third parties who keep them employed. They do jobs ranging from domestic to engineering, it's that simple. 75% of my staff are Philippine.

Sal, you're a prat.

NO NEED FOR THAT!

SalTheReturn
16-07-2008, 00:45
Sorry if I offended them, but the way I was contacted and the words that were used, hurt me. You say that "there is someone helping them at the first place", so the 3 messages came from the same person?
One guy at first offered HIS services, signed by his (I assume) name. A few hours later I got a new PM from another username, signed with the same name, saying that he can SUPPLY a few people from Philippines. And some hours later a 3rd message from a 3rd account again made me the same offer, he "has" a few people working.

I understand that members of a community help together, but the way it is offered here looks strange. But why do you want to delete this thread? If so many people from Philippines are here, this is an informative thread, as many people here are looking for cleaners.

By the way are there more people looking for cleaners, or more cleaners? :)

I am sure you did not offend them since they have better stuff to do than reading us.

Based on my 18months in Moscow I would say that back in 2006-2007 the demand for Philippino cleaners was still high and agencies (ie. MaryPoppins) willing to hire them. Philippinos in Russia (or in Moscow only?) are supposed to be around 500.

I do not know what kind of messages you received but believe me they are not scams behind that.

Picante
16-07-2008, 11:54
There is not a scam. As somebody said, they have some agents and/or agencies that help them with the Russian visa and to settle when they first arrived.

My housekeeper and my nanny are Filipinos and I am very happy with them (already 2 1/2 years). My experience have being that they work harder and they are more flexible than the Russians.

BeachBum
16-07-2008, 12:04
there are many Phillipino's employed in Moscow. Many times where I work you'll hear the term 'Phillipine Mafia'. Ask any Military person who served in the Phillipines and they will tell you there "is" Phillipine mafia. So what! and there is no mafia in Moscow! ) The Phillipinos I know are much harder working than any Russian I ever met - Mafia or not.... )))