PDA

View Full Version : Paul McCartney concert in StPete June 20



Jet
03-06-2004, 12:03
Anybody is going to the concert??

Fa-Q!
03-06-2004, 12:05
I'm going to try. My freinds already have tickets. BTW, there's a pretty good article on CNN.com today about Paul and the Beatle's drug use. Turns out that Paul liked blow.

Jet
03-06-2004, 12:19
What do you mean to try? There are tickets ranging from $300 to RUR300, so I am thinking.

It was never a secret that they tried drugs, especially in the beginning, in Hamburg for example where they used to play.

DJ Biscuit
03-06-2004, 12:43
Originally posted by Fa-Q!
I'm going to try. My freinds already have tickets. BTW, there's a pretty good article on CNN.com today about Paul and the Beatle's drug use. Turns out that Paul liked blow.

No! You don't say, wow that's such a suprise, who da thunk!? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They would have needed some chemical help to get through singing crap like 'she loves you yeah yeah yeah' or 'i wanna hold your hand' for chrissake!

Fa-Q!
03-06-2004, 12:45
I need a fix cause I'm goin' down, down to the bits that I left uptown....I need a fix cause I'm going down...

Fa-Q!
03-06-2004, 12:45
Jet, I mean I'll try because I live and work in Moscow, not St Petersburg (well, most of the time, anyway)

Fa-Q!
03-06-2004, 12:46
Biscuit, just surprised to hear Paul admit it so candidly...

Jet
03-06-2004, 12:49
Fa-Q, let's work on it. I wanna go, although ticket for $300 is a lot

DJ, come on, I am sure you sang Yesterday, all my troubles ... A long and windy road ...

natlee
03-06-2004, 12:50
Oh c'mon Biscuit, it wasn't so bad, it's the Beatles you're talking about for God's sake! And same, live and work in Moscow and lazy to get to St Pete, even for McCartney...

peyote
03-06-2004, 12:51
i wanna go too!
i never got to see a lennon concert :confused:
better go see mccartney before he... i die. the doc says it will be soon :(

hey jet! especially in the beginning?! i'd say especially towards the end... isn't sgt pepper a trip album?

i just got the beatles anthology dvd in the "gorbashevka" and they say mccartney was reluctant to try the evils of this world... but then he did and a song came by...

"got a good reason for taking the easy way out..."
...it took me so long to find out, and I found out"

not to mention hey jude...

"the minute you let her under your skin,
then you begin to make it better."

now, for the record: i'm against that! i'm a vegetarian! :D

Fa-Q!
03-06-2004, 12:52
When I was a freshman in college, I took a hit of LSD for the first time and listened to Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite like 25 times in a row. I saw god, man...

peyote
03-06-2004, 13:00
Originally posted by Fa-Q!
When I was a freshman in college, I took a hit of LSD for the first time and listened to Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite like 25 times in a row. I saw god, man... and god opened the gates of hell just for you and i saw it was fine...

gee, i hate you! i wanna do that!

Fa-Q!
03-06-2004, 13:06
"Because" is a super stony song. Because the world is round, it blows my mind...

Ned Kelly
03-06-2004, 13:10
Originally posted by Fa-Q!
"Because" is a super stony song.

as is "a day in the life".:p

Fa-Q!
03-06-2004, 13:12
I'm so tired! That's my favorite song when I'm REALLY ****ed up!!! That and When the Music's Over (Doors).

peyote
03-06-2004, 13:14
"sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing
through my open views inciting and inviting me
limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns,
it calls me on and on across the universe
jai guru deva om..."

brat lennon, wherever you are, and i know now you're everywhere, two words: vce paniatno!

aummmm!

Fa-Q!
03-06-2004, 13:17
Ya lost me there, bro.:verycool:

Ned Kelly
03-06-2004, 13:19
Originally posted by Fa-Q!
Ya lost me there, bro.:verycool:

it's across the universe.

Fa-Q!
03-06-2004, 13:21
Ah, very stupid of me...Nothin's gonna change my world...

Fa-Q!
03-06-2004, 13:22
What's the French part mean? I always wondered...

DJ Biscuit
03-06-2004, 13:27
Originally posted by natlee
Oh c'mon Biscuit, it wasn't so bad, it's the Beatles you're talking about for God's sake! And same, live and work in Moscow and lazy to get to St Pete, even for McCartney...

So? It's only the Beatles or rather Paul, tight fisted, self centred, self righteous ass. No, Im not lazy, just zero interest. Every one has different tastes, this isn't mine. Now if it was the Doors, Clash, Pistols or Clawfinger for example then that would be different. ;)

Ned Kelly
03-06-2004, 13:27
haven't listened to this stuff in ages so i can't remember. come to think of it, i didn't know there was a french part.

Ned Kelly
03-06-2004, 13:29
Originally posted by DJ Biscuit
So? It's only the Beatles or rather Paul, tight fisted, self centred, self righteous ass. No, Im not lazy, just zero interest. Every one has different tastes, this isn't mine. Now if it was the Doors, Clash, Pistols or Clawfinger for example then that would be different. ;)

yes, have to concur. i saw him about 10 years ago just to have done it, but his voice was shot and it was all a bit pathetic.

Fa-Q!
03-06-2004, 13:29
jai guru deva om
==========================
I think it's French, but being the redneck I am, can't be sure.

rosieredwood
03-06-2004, 13:30
What's the venue in Petrograd?

Anyone here who went to the McCartney concert on Red Square last year? St. Pete won't be able to top that, not ever.

Ned Kelly
03-06-2004, 13:31
ah yes, got it. unfortunately i'm the rung below redneck so you're asking the wrong person. :p

peyote
03-06-2004, 14:04
a crazy beatle fan friend told me it's a hindu mantra...

jai = glory to god or something

gurudeva = a higher level of guru (master)

om = (the universe's vibration)

natlee
03-06-2004, 14:05
Biscuit, lazy wasn't addressed to you... and you may not like them but they definitely aren't/weren't crap... crap is playing right now on Russian MTV (haven't watched in ages but somehow pretty sure of it)

Fa-Q!
03-06-2004, 14:12
Om. That sound cool. Like a buzz!

P.I.M.P.
03-06-2004, 14:22
I like the Fiona Apple version of Across the Universe... My first (and only) shroom experience involved sitting on a couch in my college dorm room and thinking the song lasted a good 3 hours.

rosieredwood
03-06-2004, 14:28
Originally posted by P.I.M.P.
I like the Fiona Apple version of Across the Universe... My first (and only) shroom experience involved sitting on a couch in my college dorm room and thinking the song lasted a good 3 hours.

Hey, is that the Nose from the Gogol short story you've got between your fingers?!

DJ Biscuit
03-06-2004, 14:57
Originally posted by natlee
Biscuit, lazy wasn't addressed to you... and you may not like them but they definitely aren't/weren't crap... crap is playing right now on Russian MTV (haven't watched in ages but somehow pretty sure of it)

No one can make such judgements apart from value judgements, it is purely opinion, only. I agree about popsa, but some like it so they don't think it's crap. Today is Thursday (here) that is a fact, maths is a fact, but whether the Beatles were good or not is simply down to taste.

Fa-Q!
03-06-2004, 14:59
I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in and stops my mind from wandering....where it will go-ooo!

peyote
03-06-2004, 15:00
"nothing you can make that can't be made
no one you can save that can't be saved
nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you in time
it's easy!"

i seriously think it was a chemically altered decade that gave added foundation to all we hear today... well, of course, except ceiling digon and brinty spair... yuk!...(piuking)

peyote
03-06-2004, 15:02
Originally posted by Fa-Q!
I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in and stops my mind from wandering....where it will go-ooo! broda, there's a hole in my brain and i ain't fixing shit!
:D

Fa-Q!
03-06-2004, 15:03
I think he mean by "fixing a hole" using a substance...

peyote
03-06-2004, 15:21
Originally posted by Fa-Q!
I think he mean by "fixing a hole" using a substance... alright! i take it back! i'm fixing it! a hole in a brain is bad bad thing!

andreyr
04-06-2004, 15:47
I am going. My friends and I got some cheap tickets.. I think for $20 or so. Probably we'll see him only on the screen, but we are going for the atmosphere.... and to hang out a day in St. Pete's