PDA

View Full Version : The old design

2nd
25-07-2003, 00:23
I liked it very much. The digest was often enough. This new piece demands many decisions, click here, click there, don't click there. Exhausting.

I sometimes searched instead of asking for the umptieth time about internet service, visa, registration, migration cards. It made me feel secure. Looking forward to access the old stuff again.

Perhaps a senior member still can adapt to new designs. I have to believe that.

And I like the enthusiasm, the effort and ambition.

ghost 6-3
25-07-2003, 11:20
I agree. I rarely bothered even logging in; I just glanced at the digest a few times a day. I think it will be easier to miss things here. Maybe a variation of the digest should be reinstated.

kenshin
28-07-2003, 07:39
I agree, they should bring back the expat digest, just one click away all the new posts in one day.

Teutonic Deity
28-07-2003, 10:03
Originally posted by kenshin
I agree, they should bring back the expat digest, just one click away all the new posts in one day.

RE the one click away:

Return to the main page of the forums

Look in the upper right hand corner where it says "Welcome back, <your_username>"

Just underneath your name, click on the "View New Posts" link

enjoy!

MORPHEUS
28-07-2003, 11:36
Originally posted by Teutonic Deity
RE the one click away:

Return to the main page of the forums

Look in the upper right hand corner where it says "Welcome back, <your_username>"

Just underneath your name, click on the "View New Posts" link

enjoy!

TD, oddly enough, when I click on View New Posts, and then click on Usernames to check profiles, I end up on random people, and not on the individual whose profile I intended to read. I clicked my profile to see what LOCATION would be shown and ended up on your profile, with that big eye staring at me. Not pleasant.

Teutonic Deity
28-07-2003, 11:51
Sounds rather odd... anyone else having problems with misdirected links?

trebor
28-07-2003, 11:54
i wonder how many people will be put off signing up or using Expat site once they have signed up, with this look.
It does appear a little technical and complicated if you only want to sell a vacum cleaner.
The old site was definately tired and needed a make over but i was dead easy to navigate.