PDA

View Full Version : What a terrible day I've had!



kot begemot
02-06-2004, 18:16
It all started this morning -- another crowded pushy metro ride with the usual delays and the long walk to the office. The hangover didn't help either. As soon as I arrived, there was just one crisis after the other. I tried my best to handle each case, but by lunch time I was very stressed. Our product labeling program was just not working right. Then I find out that my fellow employees are taking an extended lunch and have left me to do all the work. The final straw was when my computer froze up, deleting my entire morning's work and causing even more chaos with our lables. Ok, so I got a little emotional and hit the damn computer monitor (who hasn't done this?). Not to get blamed for being lazy at work and the label mess, I walk over and start explaining the problems to one of our managers, hoping that he'd understand or be able to offer some solutions. All I mentioned was that the labeling of our product was not complete and that it would cause problems for doing business in Russia. He totally LOST it! Started screaming at me with this wild look in his eye, like I had personally offended him. It was strange -- like he suddenly shifted into some "war" mode. Next thing I know security has me by the neck and physically tosses me out of the building along with my employment book. I'm now into my second bottle of vodka trying to simply drown out the whole experience. Anybody got any open job opportunities for someone formally in the food business? :p ;)

Fa-Q!
02-06-2004, 18:20
LOL! Good one!

Jet
02-06-2004, 18:24
Kot, look up a post by Ghost, I think he is looking for somebody just like you !!!

DJ Biscuit
02-06-2004, 18:33
Jet, sorry dude but, THAT was the point of this thread, he was being the guy in Ghosts office, humour you know! :D

How's it going anyway?

Kshisya
02-06-2004, 18:34
kot! blowing kisses in yo direction :D

:inlove:

Heyzeus
02-06-2004, 18:35
I back Fa-Q, strangely enough...

Penguin Snacks
02-06-2004, 18:42
That's a tough day :)

peyote
02-06-2004, 18:43
brodas are lining up... ;)

kot? bloody hilarious!
here goes my (with french accent) fav emotík :D

Ledka
02-06-2004, 18:52
Kotik!
I have a position for u in food business. Could u please kindly eat all the rats near my house. They spoiled my car. I couldn't start the engine yesterday. I need your assistance! I won't be able to cope without u! The rats r very fat, u will like them!


Originally posted by kot begemot
It all started this morning -- another crowded pushy metro ride with the usual delays and the long walk to the office. The hangover didn't help either. As soon as I arrived, there was just one crisis after the other. I tried my best to handle each case, but by lunch time I was very stressed. Our product labeling program was just not working right. Then I find out that my fellow employees are taking an extended lunch and have left me to do all the work. The final straw was when my computer froze up, deleting my entire morning's work and causing even more chaos with our lables. Ok, so I got a little emotional and hit the damn computer monitor (who hasn't done this?). Not to get blamed for being lazy at work and the label mess, I walk over and start explaining the problems to one of our managers, hoping that he'd understand or be able to offer some solutions. All I mentioned was that the labeling of our product was not complete and that it would cause problems for doing business in Russia. He totally LOST it! Started screaming at me with this wild look in his eye, like I had personally offended him. It was strange -- like he suddenly shifted into some "war" mode. Next thing I know security has me by the neck and physically tosses me out of the building along with my employment book. I'm now into my second bottle of vodka trying to simply drown out the whole experience. Anybody got any open job opportunities for someone formally in the food business? :p ;)

peyote
02-06-2004, 18:56
hey kot, are you with the SETI maniacs? if so, i think i'm next to you in team russia...

DPG
02-06-2004, 19:05
Great post Kot!!:):thumbsup:

Alethea
02-06-2004, 23:21
Kot, PMSL at thread! ;):D

Now I know why Ghost is looking for Assistant Brand Manager.

Sadie
03-06-2004, 00:12
:thumbsup:

Miss B
03-06-2004, 00:50
:(.... ;) ...... :)......:inlove:

kot begemot
03-06-2004, 12:27
Everyone, I appreciate the support... I really do. And a special thanks to Ledka for the job offer. However, upon further reflection, I've made the difficult decision to stay away from the food business forever. I'm just too hurt and jaded. But while exploring the internet this morning I did run across what sounded like an interesting new profession as I've always been intrigued by the super-natural: Entity Exorcism & Dark Energy Removal. In other words "Ghost" busting. Sounds like fun! :D Now... where to start?...

peyote
03-06-2004, 12:33
ouch!
the hawks are flying!

so kot, are you with the SETI nuts or not?

Kshisya
03-06-2004, 12:37
Originally posted by peyote


kot? bloody hilarious!
here goes my (with french accent) fav emotík :D

:D where that FRENCH accent coming from????? :p...actually am started to wonder if you ever are sober :eek: :p

peyote
03-06-2004, 12:57
Originally posted by Kshisya
:D where that FRENCH accent coming from????? :p...actually am started to wonder if you ever are sober :eek: :p it comes from my 92 year old babushka... by the way, a playful happy gemini like you ;)

and sober? never! i'm always in automatic mode. life's hard and i've got principles!
here goes my... :D

Ghost
06-06-2004, 15:27
Hah! Nice try Mr. Kot. But the person who went nuts was on the OTC side of the business. Not in my division! :) I told them to throw you out when they came around telling everyone we should "hide the scissors".

PS. You wanna piece of me? :)

kot begemot
07-06-2004, 10:06
Ghost -- just yankin' your chain. And no, I don't want a piece of you. Far be it from me to invoke the wrath of Casper the friendly ghost. I'm mortified. :p How 'bout I just buy you a beer sometime...

Ghost
07-06-2004, 10:30
Heh...as long as there are no sharp objects around :)

Growly kots for you!