PDA

View Full Version : different last names

lastochka7
09-07-2008, 05:23
Hi there, I have an Uzbek passport and i am travelling to Moscow. My passport has my maiden last name and my green card has my married one. Is a marriage certificate sufficient enough to the immigration officers when leaving Russia? Please help!:9456:

Anastasia79
07-08-2008, 06:21
Hi there, I have an Uzbek passport and i am travelling to Moscow. My passport has my maiden last name and my green card has my married one. Is a marriage certificate sufficient enough to the immigration officers when leaving Russia? Please help!:9456:

I am from Russia married to an American and I am travelling back to Moscow next week. My passport has my maiden last name and my travel permit has my married one...my lawyer has reassured me that my marriage certificate will be a sufficient proof. Just make sure you have extra copies of it- just in case!

sarapova
23-08-2008, 16:39
hello,

This Moscow Times appears to be more confused of the issues than the previous popular thead on this forum.

Firstly. especially teachers having a problem. Nothing has changed for years. The teacher has an invitation from a school who can poperly invite. There are very few of them in Moscow. They don't need a work permit and they dont't now, and not in the near future. The visa style may change, if it's the business visa they will be exempt from the 90 days in and the 90 days out. Or there will be a new work visa, but they won't need a permit.

However it will be more difficult for those teachers who thought they were kegally employed. from those schools supplied visas from an agency with an unknown name and address Those bogus invitatations were always illegal. And they are now.

thanks !!

Bels
23-08-2008, 19:05
hello,

This Moscow Times appears to be more confused of the issues than the previous popular thead on this forum.

Firstly. especially teachers having a problem. Nothing has changed for years. The teacher has an invitation from a school who can poperly invite. There are very few of them in Moscow. They don't need a work permit and they dont't now, and not in the near future. The visa style may change, if it's the business visa they will be exempt from the 90 days in and the 90 days out. Or there will be a new work visa, but they won't need a permit.

However it will be more difficult for those teachers who thought they were kegally employed. from those schools supplied visas from an agency with an unknown name and address Those bogus invitatations were always illegal. And they are now.

let's not forget that the cost of flats, flights, health insurance are extremely high here. And I strongly recommend that all employees secure a good package contract before they leave their country.

Yes the previous poster is correct there are few schools who can take care of expats.

thanks !!

Interesting issue on teachers. Are you sure nothing has changed about work permits. Reading many vacancie sections such as expat.ru there are now many smaller schools offering legal work permits. Should they all be treated with suspicion apart from the big two, LL ann BKC ??? And my suspicions have always been there, because the two mentioned schools are the only two offering telephone interviews and complete package contracts, from your own country and home. This will include covering the costs of visa and work permit, accomadation, fulltime hours etc.

So should teachers be careful about employment from others?

Good advice, when you receive your invitation from your employer, ensure it has the name and address of your employer on it, not a company you have never heard of, otherwise you and especially your employer will have big problems later.