PDA

View Full Version : A new perfect game for every expat.

w.meijerink
07-07-2008, 19:52
Dear friends,

I'm just coming home after I was driving this morning to the Russian consulate for my new visa and gues what (i know it's a stupid question), yes your right, no visa, they told me they have new:rules:again.

After more than 25 visa with only show my card and 19 times give them a copy from my card they told me this time I need a official document from my insurance company than they will paid in Russia too (:suspect: I don't remember that they have a holiday-break to think about new rules).

So I have make a phone call to our company and thank god I can pick up this evening this document.

But I'm still not understand that the russian government/consulate don't know that everyone has one by law and for us still is a gamble of we will have a visa or not.

DJ Biscuit
07-07-2008, 20:11
Has one what by law? Health insurance?

I was told though to always put that you had health insurance in Moscow, otherwise the consulate will sell you one!

Bels
07-07-2008, 22:56
Brits don't need health insurance for a visa in Russia. It's an agreement between the two countries. And to be honest with you, I think the Russians have the better deal, as there is no such thing as free medical health in Russia anymore.

DJ Biscuit
07-07-2008, 23:02
I was wondering why the noriginal poster said it was the law. Thanks Bels for clearing that one up.

w.meijerink
08-07-2008, 01:18
I know here we has the same rules before for about two years ago and after that only people they know can get a visa, but now everyone needs a document from healt-insurance, so tomorrow I will go for round 2.

But I think before you go for a new visa, call and ask about it, because it's a long way to travel and takes a lot of time and I know all of us can use our money and time better.

Much better.....

Bels
08-07-2008, 12:50
On reading various posts here I can see there is a lot of ignorance where the law stands, so for Brits I do suggest that you do phone or email the Russian Embassy and ask them if you need a health insurance certificate. London is ok, as they state on their website that you don't need one. Because Britain has an agreement with Russia.

Bels
08-07-2008, 14:49
Please read the bold quoted below from a Russian Embassy. If there were any changes, they would have informed you

Russian Consulate (http://rusemblon.org/logon_en.htm)

VISA GENERAL INFORMATION
Applications may be submitted in person, by an agent or by mail. An application form may be completed by the applicant or by a person acting on his behalf though it must be checked and signed by the applicant in person. The Consulate will not accept handwritten applications and only accepts printed application forms readable by our computer systems.

Failure to meet these requirements may result in refusal of the application.

Schengen States, Estonian and Israeli passports' holders should submit a copy of their health insurance certificate valid in Russia for all period of the trip.

USA passports' holders are required to fill in a special visa application form.

French passports' holders should also enclose copies of their bank statement for the last three months, travel insurance valid in Russia and a copy of their return tickets.

Citizens of Australia, Israel, Turkmenistan and USA cannot apply for the same day visas unless they have a residence permit in the UK. The visa processing time for these citizens will take from 10 to 14 days.

Visa processing for Canada citizens will take 15 working days.

If you are going to Tajikistan your invitation should be confirmed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country.

Your application can be considered only after you have submitted all necessary documents and can provide evidence to substantiate information given in the application form. The granting of entry clearance is at the discretion of the Russian Consulate. Visa fees are paid for consideration of your documents and they do not guarantee that a visa would be issued.

It's not obligitary for a British citizen whille applying for a visa but much advisable to have a health insurancee certificate which covers all the period of his stay in Russia. Entry to Russia may be refused and airlines may not carry passengers holding passports with less than six months validity. At the border visitors are expected to complete a migration card; to keep it during the trip and return it at the border point when leaving the country. Visitors should be registered within 3 working days of arrival in Russia with the local branch of the Migration Service. Most major hotels will do this automatically. Visitors need not be registered if their visits last less than three days.

Applications should be submitted from 08.30 to 12.00

Same-day / next day visa processing is only possible if the volume of work technically permits it.

Processing time, requirements and fees are subject to change without prior notice.

When you receive your visa make sure that all information is correct. The Consulate is not responsible for any misprints or errors in the visa not brought to its attention before your departure from the UK.

The Consular Department of the Embassy is committed to attend you with courtesy and respect. We ask you to treat our staff accordingly. We shall not deal with visitors who act aggressively or use offensive language.

w.meijerink
08-07-2008, 18:46
I've got them, friday I can go back to pick up my visa!!!:hooray::trampoline::fireworks:

RRM
08-07-2008, 18:55
Last week I went for my visa and they never asked me for my insurance even though the application form asked for it and I had it in hand. They even didnt bother looking at it.

w.meijerink
08-07-2008, 20:23
Last week I went for my visa and they never asked me for my insurance even though the application form asked for it and I had it in hand. They even didnt bother looking at it.

I know, they have never ask me fit too, only of I have one, but never proof it, but this time they ask for a official document.

But thank God friday I can pick my visa up.