PDA

View Full Version : Schools in Russia?

djsprat
02-06-2004, 07:27
What are the options for K - 12 education in Russia? Where do people send their kids to school? When I recently visited St. Petersburg, I had this inspiration to start a school in one of those amazing buildings that were boarded up. I imagine that this would be quite an undertaking, but worth it if there seemed to be a demand for quality non-public schools. I suppose that some Russians might also be interested in a K-12 school that would leave students competitive with students educated elswehere in terms of applying to competitive international universities.

So, my question is - would there be demand for an English immersion school in St. Petersburg? Or possibly Moscow? Thanks for your thoughts. . .

M-C
02-06-2004, 12:15
Hi!
We started our school from scratch and could tell you a few things.... Our principal is currently the head of the board of non-governmental schoools in Moscow. his name is Victor Vladirmirovitch, he speaks English, and can be reached at freestyle@mtu-net.ru or call 931 60 59.
Good luck

djsprat
17-06-2004, 07:50
I am not sure about how I would go about funding this project. I have information on a contact in Russia that is in charge of non-governmental schools. I maybe need to seek funding from philanthropists that want to promote cultural exchange, etc. I would like the school to have a teacher exchange and training component so that we could foster an international exchange. If anyone has any ideas or would like to be a part of this project, drop me a line. I will not be able to do this alone. There is a large and active Russian population here in Los Angeles, and that might be a good source of donations or grants. Let me know if you have any contacts or ideas. . .