PDA

View Full Version : Is self registration possible?

RIKO
07-07-2008, 16:09
I've heard that one can register oneself (and not have to go though an agency) ? (apparently you can pick up forms at a post office?) Is this true and if so how does one go about getting registered this way ?

CAConsult
07-07-2008, 16:40
I have heard that as long as you have a power of attorney from the place where you will stay or the inviting organization, and you present this PoA and 2 copies of registration form with stamp or signature of the hosting party to post office. And they will register you.

That said I tried to do this, I had a PoA from my company's CFO and they said only a Russian citizen could register me. But I would not be surprised if other post offices will let you. Let us know.

Proper Bostonian
14-07-2008, 10:03
Just returned to Moscow & had my husband register me throught the P.O. Much easier than going to local passportny stol. Every post office has a dept. for this. The P.O. said I could have gone myself with my husband's passtport & signed registration document. Bottom line is that the P.O. is a good choice, but you do need an address to be registered at & a Russian person's agreement to register you at that address.