PDA

View Full Version : Yes .. I'm sorry !!!

Tinkerbells
02-06-2004, 06:21
Letter of Apology
Author unknown...sentiment shared.

Yes I know the saying goes, "Much Ado About Nothing" and, unlike that Shakespearean play, the Iraqi prisoner abuse is no comedy, but it does involve politics of a sort. It IS something. For good and ill, it will remain an issue. On the one hand right
thinking Americans will abhor the stupidity of the actions while on the other hand political glee will take control and fashion this minor event into some modern day My Lai massacre. I heard some Arabs are asking for an apology. I humbly offer mine here:

I am sorry that the last seven times the Americans took up arms and sacrificed the blood our youth it was in the defense of Muslims (Bosnia, Kosovo, Gulf War 1, Kuwait, etc.). I am sorry that no such call for an apology from the extremists came
after 9/11. I am sorry that all of the murderers on 9/11 were Arabs. I am sorry that Arabs have to live in squalor under savage dictatorships. I am sorry that their leaders squander their wealth. I am sorry that their governments breed hate for the US in their religious schools. I am sorry that Yasser Arafat was kicked out of every Arab country and highjacked the
Palestinian "cause." I am sorry that no other Arab country will take in or offer more than a token amount of financial help to those same Palestinians. I am sorry that the USA has to step in and be the biggest financial supporters of poverty stricken Arabs while the insanely wealthy Arabs blame the USA. I am sorry that our own left wing elite and our media can't understand any of this. I am sorry the United Nations scammed the poor people of Iraq out of the"food for oil" money so they could get rich while the common folk suffered. I am sorry that some Arab governments pay the families of homicide bombers upon their death. I am sorry that those same bombers are seeking 72 virgins - I can't seem to find one here on Earth. I am sorry
that the homicide bombers think babies are a legitimate target. I am sorry that our troops died to free more Arabs. I am sorry they stopped the gang rape rooms and the filling of mass graves of dissidents. I am sorry they show so much restraint when their brothers in arms are killed. I am sorry that Muslim extremists have killed more Arabs than any other group. I am
sorry that foreign trained terrorists are trying to seize control of Iraq and return it to a terrorist state. I am sorry we don't drop a few dozen DaisyCutters on Fallujah. I am sorry every time terrorists hide they find a convenient "Holy Site." I am sorry they didn't apologize for driving a jet into the World Trade Center that collapsed and severely damaged St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church - one of OUR Holy Sites. I am sorry they didn't apologize for Flights 93 and 175, the USS Cole, the embassy
bombings, etc. I am sorry Michael Moore is American; he could feed a medium sized village in Africa. I am sorry the French are - French. America will get past this latest absurdity. We will punish those responsible because that's what we do. We hang out our dirty laundry for all the world to see. We move on. That's why we are hated so much. We don't hide this stuff like all those Arab countries that are now demanding
an apology. Deep down inside, when most Americans saw this reported in the news we were like .. so what? We lost hundreds and made fun of a few prisoners. Sure it was wrong, sure it dramatically hurts our cause, but until captured we were trying to kill these same prisoners. Now we're supposed to wring
our hands because a few were humiliated? Our compassion is tempered with the vivid memories of our own people killed, mutilated and burnt amongst a joyous crowd of celebrating Fallujans. If you want an apology from this American your gonna have a long wait. You have a better chance of finding
those 72 virgins !!

J.D.
02-06-2004, 06:35
A pity that it was presented by you. If it hadn't been used as an excuse for the prisoner abuse and included the ridiculus points of Michale Moore and the French then it could have been a very powerful presentation.

cyclby
02-06-2004, 07:52
Man! are you ***** off or what? Sorry, no time to read the whole thing, ADD don't ya know!
C

Toofuses
02-06-2004, 08:46
Everything coming out of the US these days is knee-jerkingly reactive, all the way down to this "apology." Live with it.

Innosranets
02-06-2004, 09:07
God, I HATE this stuff. Why is it that every American war supporter has an innate desire to receive a proverbial world-collective "pat on the back" for everything decent America has ever done ? Are we really so f*cking shallow and inferior ? I mean, what are they thinking ? When all logic and common sense fails, try a sarcastic apology-laden guilt-trip based on jingoistic ad-hominem attacks and self congratulation ? Get over it, people !

"John, remember that $20 I once lent you ? Shouldn't you now revere me eternally because of it ?" If I knew that taking a loan or favor from someone entitiled that person to perpetually remind me of said fact and barred me from ever disagreeing with him, then, thanks but no thanks. Shove your favor where the sun don't shine.

And, J.D.'s right. What the f*ck-all do the French have to do with this and our punishing those responsible ? "Those Responsible", I assume, is a vague reference to 9/11, and Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. I'm sure France was as shocked as anyone else and expressed its condolences appropriately.

Innosranets

P.S. I'd love to see the French write one of these letters. "Sorry we helped you become a country in the American Revolution. If we'd known what pompous insecure letter-writing idiots you'd become, we probably would have rethought it."

GreatArcticBear
02-06-2004, 09:51
What is this doing in Information? Looks like it has less than zero to do with expat life here!

moscowmail
02-06-2004, 10:20
Originally posted by LKKL
What is this doing in Information? Looks like it has less than zero to do with expat life here!

Good point.

Moved to expat cafe, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, p[lease keep the language clean, yes Fa-Q, I mean you as well....

Cheers

L

rantandrave
02-06-2004, 12:15
I'm sorry too. I am so very, very sorry that idiots like these are what most of the world thinks of when it thinks of 'Americans'. I am sorry that these reactionary morons make it difficult for people to see past my passport, because they expect the same crap to come spewing forth from my mouth. I am deeply sorry to see that average American citizens (and not just the ones reaping immediate and immense benefits from the current regime) remain so poorly informed and so bloody self-righteous, because I am afraid it bodes ill for the presidential election to come. Above all I am EXTREMELY sorry that I wasted two minutes of my life reading that letter.

kak
02-06-2004, 12:42
Originally posted by Innosranets
P.S. I'd love to see the French write one of these letters. "Sorry we helped you become a country in the American Revolution. If we'd known what pompous insecure letter-writing idiots you'd become, we probably would have rethought it."

Do i have to say anything else? ;)

you see the trouble is just that you can find stupid people everywhere...there is no border for that, stupidity is a virus free as the wind. it's everywhere in every country...and it will never end.:rolleyes: :(

peyote
02-06-2004, 12:57
tinker bell, tinker bell, tinker all the way!

for every stupid idiot like this there's a bunch who is not, but hey, one hell of a job confusing us infidels (castros) ha! i'm in a good mood today!

kakrout, mon ami, i'm back to french fries mode. let's celebrate!

Toofuses
02-06-2004, 15:05
Hey, let's not be so hard on stupid people - somebody has to clean my apartment and wash my car and serve me my Happy Meal with the plastic Shrek-2 doll.

rantandrave
02-06-2004, 15:41
Yeah, but I dont think tinkerbell is an underpaid, overworked Mexican immigrant.

Toofuses
02-06-2004, 15:45
Yeah, I guess it's hard (and useless as tits on a man) to be humble when you're king of the shitheap.