PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News - Barry Signs For Liverpool

Len Ganley Stance
04-07-2008, 17:22

Judge
05-07-2008, 10:33
Not sure if Barry will join Lpool....But Lpool made a great signing yesterday..The furture number 3 of Italy, Andrea Dossena,Dossena was voted best left back last year in Italy.Looks like another great buy from Rafa..:boxing::boxing:

Len Ganley Stance
05-07-2008, 13:35
Not sure if Barry will join Lpool....But Lpool made a great signing yesterday..The furture number 3 of Italy, Andrea Dossena,Dossena was voted best left back last year in Italy.Looks like another great buy from Rafa..:boxing::boxing:

Dossena will be 27 in September. He's only made one appearance for Italy - a friendly against South Africa last October. He was not in the Italian squad for Euro 2008. How do you maintain that he is Italy's future left back?

The only other player you've signed is also a full back - he's Swiss and you signed from Borussia Dortmund. This bloke is 25 and wasn't even in the Swiss squad for Euro 2008.

To me both of these players seem typical Rafa signings. In other words, they'll probably have left Liverpool by next Summer.

Judge
05-07-2008, 13:43
Dossena will be 27 in September. He's only made one appearance for Italy - a friendly against South Africa last October. He was not in the Italian squad for Euro 2008. How do you maintain that he is Italy's future left back?

The only other player you've signed is also a full back - he's Swiss and you signed from Borussia Dortmund. This bloke is 25 and wasn't even in the Swiss squad for Euro 2008.

To me both of these players seem typical Rafa signings. In other words, they'll probably have left Liverpool by next Summer.

Grasso is too old now and the italians are looking to the future...Take my word on it,Dossena is going to be a good buy for us and will make the italian team..Check him out on youtube,the guy doesn't mess around.The Lpool defence is solid now,loads of cover for places...

Gypsy
05-07-2008, 13:58
Grasso is too old now and the italians are looking to the future...Take my word on it,Dossena is going to be a good buy for us and will make the italian team..Check him out on youtube,the guy doesn't mess around.The Lpool defence is solid now,loads of cover for places...
I remember some fuss about Dossena a few years back - the next big thing etc. he hasn't really progressed.

As LG is suggesting, at 27 he should be the real deal already, so why wasn't he in Italy's squad? They know their defenders over there.

It does begin to look as if Rafa may have been plain lucky with the few spaniards who settled well at L/pool, but he's trying to do a Wenger, and find the undervalued nuggets; and not succeeding. But then I think Wenger is the only one to have done this successfully and consistently.

Whether this is a good thing or not is debatable - he does appear to have turned the Arse into a "selling club". But then if Cousteau does go from ManU to Real (and after his performances on the bigger stage that seems less sure than before) every club is a"selling" club.

Judge
05-07-2008, 16:39
I remember some fuss about Dossena a few years back - the next big thing etc. he hasn't really progressed.

As LG is suggesting, at 27 he should be the real deal already, so why wasn't he in Italy's squad? They know their defenders over there.

It does begin to look as if Rafa may have been plain lucky with the few spaniards who settled well at L/pool, but he's trying to do a Wenger, and find the undervalued nuggets; and not succeeding. But then I think Wenger is the only one to have done this successfully and consistently.

Whether this is a good thing or not is debatable - he does appear to have turned the Arse into a "selling club". But then if Cousteau does go from ManU to Real (and after his performances on the bigger stage that seems less sure than before) every club is a"selling" club.

TBH,I don't know much about Dossena ,but from the vids and my trust in Rafa ,i'm sure he will be a decent buy..Dossena is Lpool's first ever italian buy, should be interesting to see how he gets on.
A good run in the Lpool team and Mr Lippi will give him a run in the Italian team..
You are right about Wenger,nobody comes close to him when it comes to young talent.

There's not much a team can do when the likes of Real,AC Milan, Bafalona and Inter ask about a player,these teams have the cash to buy any player.

Len Ganley Stance
05-07-2008, 20:44
TBH,I don't know much about Dossena ,but from the vids and my trust in Rafa ,i'm sure he will be a decent buy..Dossena is Lpool's first ever italian buy, should be interesting to see how he gets on.

And Andriy Voronin was Liverpool's first ever Ukrainian signing :soccer::soccer:.

Judge,

I think these are your's...............

Sidney Bliss
05-07-2008, 20:48
And Andriy Voronin was Liverpool's first ever Ukrainian signing :soccer::soccer:

Speaking of which - has Voronin (shocking though he is) actually scored more goals in the prem than Shevchenko?

Len Ganley Stance
05-07-2008, 21:05
Speaking of which - has Voronin (shocking though he is) actually scored more goals in the prem than Shevchenko?

They scored the same amount of goals in the League last season but Voronin played more games. Shevchenko scored more goals in all competitions last season though.