PDA

View Full Version : Kak Spam...

Ghost
31-05-2004, 16:31
Can Kak get his own forum to spam? He'd be able to post all day and we'd still be able to see something <else> besides these posts. Not that they're bad, it's just TOO many.

kak
31-05-2004, 16:39
ok i'll stop :agree: ;)
it seems that this board is asleep today :agree:

WAKE UP EVERYONE! ;)

peyote
31-05-2004, 16:49
kakrout, mon ami! you need to start a love thread or something... you know, a -come together, right now, over me- kind of thread... bring in the chicks with french trickery... c'mon play that flute!
:D

Zephyr
01-06-2004, 02:02
Ah yes the Summer of love:-))

boscoe
01-06-2004, 02:20
Voisin... ne prennent aucune attention!

FLEUR
01-06-2004, 09:15
kakrout,
I agree with boscoe,
and merci for entertaining us ;)

Innosranets
01-06-2004, 09:57
Hey, I've got an idea ! Why doesn't he take over the now mostly defunct Limitchik folder ? Change it to the "Daily Kak" where everyday, kakrout can post a new link to something funny or upload a pic, etc.

What do people think of that ? MM, Braders, TD ?

Alethea
01-06-2004, 10:31
Originally posted by Innosranets
Hey, I've got an idea ! Why doesn't he take over the now mostly defunct Limitchik folder ? Change it to the "Daily Kak" where everyday, kakrout can post a new link to something funny or upload a pic, etc.

What do people think of that ? MM, Braders, TD ?

Innostranets,

don't throw a bone to the dogs;)

This folder is not defunct. After all you don't want Moscow Wolf become extinct once he has been deprived of Candy therapy sessions, do you?

Sadie
01-06-2004, 10:44
Originally posted by Ghost
Can Kak get his own forum to spam? He'd be able to post all day and we'd still be able to see something <else> besides these posts. Not that they're bad, it's just TOO many.
:confused: :)

Ghost
01-06-2004, 10:44
I thought Candy and the good ole' doctor retired?

And Sadie, why not go back and give us some REAL statistics, like how many were conversational versus SPAM.

Three types of lies: Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics.

Alethea
01-06-2004, 10:49
I thought Candy and the good ole' doctor retired?

She didn't retire, she got a new job as a housekeeper and a private carer.

Originally posted by Sergeant Disgust

I thought you might have been interested to know that I hired Candy as a housekeeper and she would be happy to take you for a walk twice a day (on a lead, of course).

Originally posted by Candy Lollipop
Wolf,

Iím smidge busy polishing war trophies and rugby cups. I havenít got time for a pet.

Candy

Sadie
01-06-2004, 10:49
And Sadie, why not go back and give us some REAL statistics, like how many were conversational versus SPAM.

no comment :D

Ghost
01-06-2004, 10:50
Originally posted by Sadie
no comment :D

Why does that not surprise me.

Innosranets
01-06-2004, 10:50
Well, the Doc's retired. No one wanted his advice. Wolfie should be committed anyway.

Really, I think it'd be a good idea. He's got a never-ending supply of this stuff (which I wouldn't call spam; I personally find it entertaining) and it'd be fun to have a daily dose of it. We could call it "Kakrout Korner" or "Frenchy Connection" or, well, you get the idea.

C'mon, people, speak up ! Who thinks Kakrout should get his own folder to post all this stuff he comes up with ?

Sadie
01-06-2004, 10:52
Why does that not surprise me.
u don't think i have nothing to say, do u?;) :)

Alethea
01-06-2004, 10:55
We could call it "Kakrout Korner".

or Coroner Corner. At least there is a hint on it's former medical substance.

Innosranets
01-06-2004, 10:58
Originally posted by Sadie
u don't think i have nothing to say, do u?;) :)

Children ! Stop it !

Ghost
01-06-2004, 10:59
Well, the Doc's retired. No one wanted his advice. Wolfie should be committed anyway.

Really, I think it'd be a good idea. He's got a never-ending supply of this stuff (which I wouldn't call spam; I personally find it entertaining) and it'd be fun to have a daily dose of it. We could call it "Kakrout Korner" or "Frenchy Connection" or, well, you get the idea.

C'mon, people, speak up ! Who thinks Kakrout should get his own folder to post all this stuff he comes up with ?

It is spam. Doesn't mean it's bad or not fun to read. But it's no different than the 800 emails a week my father sends me with attachments.

But I do think he deserves his own forum.

Innosranets
01-06-2004, 11:17
It is spam. Doesn't mean it's bad or not fun to read.

Well, maybe I'm splitting hairs, (since we agree he should get his own folder) but I think it's subjective whether or not you consider it spam.

From the Spam-Abuse-net site (more in less with my own personal understanding):

"Spam is flooding the Internet with many copies of the same message, in an attempt to force the message on people who would not otherwise choose to receive it. Most spam is commercial advertising, often for dubious products, get-rich-quick schemes, or quasi-legal services."

At best, Kak's threads vaguely fall into the "forced message" definition, but only insofar as others "choose to receive it" which is a difficult concept to convict him on given that it *is* fun to read and these are public boards. I suppose one could argue that "I choose not to receive it and hence it's spam" but that's a completely subjective stance.

I just thought spam had a decidedly negative connotation which I would hesitate to convey about anything which I enjoyed.

Anal-Retentively Yours,
Innosranets

Ghost
01-06-2004, 11:45
You did well in detailing what Spam Abuse is. However, on the internet - outside of email/advertising, spam can also exist as the following:

An inappropriate attempt to use a mailing list, or USENET or other networked communications facility as if it was a broadcast medium by sending the same message to a large number of people who didn't ask for it

University of Arizona (http://www.library.arizona.edu/rio/glossary.htm)

a canned meat made largely from pork

Whoops...don't know how that got into there...

Spam can also be considered flooding. Flooding is basically the same poster posting over and over again in a particular message forum with the intent of barraging a large group of messages to a large group of people. It may be linked to advertisment for a product or service, or it may simply be annoying (See Flooding in USENET). Examples of this would be a "Britney Spears FLOOD" wherein a user posts pictures or music of Britney Spears in a forum that may or may not be devoted to music, let alone Ms. Spears.

Spam can also be the typing of mass entries into IRC or some chat medium, wherein users are trying to chat but are overriden by one particular user that continues to type the same thing: "YOU ALL SUCK" and hit enter 100000 times.

Spam can also be the constant chatting over an internet gaming media that uses voice control or communication. Hence this "spam" prevents proper use of voice com for strategy purposes only.

TD will back me on these definitions.

So you see, Spam isn't just unwanted email for advertising as you thought.

-Ghost

Innosranets
01-06-2004, 11:49
Oh, alright. You're right.

So, let's make a motion to get Kakrout a folder. I think it would actually be a folder that people would genuinely enjoy considering the stuff he comes up with.

Kak, are you up for it ?

sfjohns67
01-06-2004, 11:54
I second your motion, except it doesn't really need to be Kakrout's...just call it the "Funny Shit" folder and place it under the Adult area so we can post all the nasty/graphic/etc jokes and such there. This will also allow for easier search to see if something we might want to post has been already.

Ghost
01-06-2004, 11:58
Agreed! Let's all march on Moscowmail's house. I'll make the signs.

Alethea
01-06-2004, 12:04
I would still like to have Dr.Limitchik folder. It should be renamed, though. How about *Ask Agony Aunt* or the like?:)

boscoe
01-06-2004, 12:07
I asked MM for a funnies folder a while ago but I was told to just post that sort of thing in the Cafe... and that's what Kak has been doing... BTW I still cannot see how his funnies can be considered spam even with tour 'new' definitions Ghost... if it's interesting it aint spam!

kak
01-06-2004, 12:22
wow...nice discussion guys ;) well Boscoe is right . I made the same demand a long time ago. with the same answer: post them in Cafe...I do not want a special folder with my name ;) no need for that tnx ;) but a special folder called "funny shit" like SFJ suggests is a good idea i think, a special folder just for fun and B....it. At least when you go to that folder you know what you'll find. :agree:

Sadie
01-06-2004, 12:23
Originally posted by sfjohns67
I second your motion, except it doesn't really need to be Kakrout's...just call it the "Funny Shit" folder and place it under the Adult area so we can post all the nasty/graphic/etc jokes and such there. This will also allow for easier search to see if something we might want to post has been already.

agree 100%, and in the continuation of the suggestion, I would propose to open the "Boring S*" folder as well, as certain threads just ask for being moved there ;)

sfjohns67
01-06-2004, 12:30
Ooooh! Girl be stirrin' the kettle!

Ghost
01-06-2004, 12:31
Originally posted by boscoe
I asked MM for a funnies folder a while ago but I was told to just post that sort of thing in the Cafe... and that's what Kak has been doing... BTW I still cannot see how his funnies can be considered spam even with tour 'new' definitions Ghost... if it's interesting it aint spam!

Interesting is an opinion! My dad thinks everything he sends me is hilarious. Some is, some is not.

kak
01-06-2004, 12:34
ok ...STOP... ;) just ask MM or Braders to create this new folder, and it would be just fine...no need to start a new debate about what is funny and what is not funny it will be endless! :agree:

sfjohns67
01-06-2004, 12:43
Forget MM if he already turned it down, ask Braders instead. Hell, it used to work when I was a kid...run to ask Pop after Mom just said no.

Jose L Piedra
01-06-2004, 13:03
Another incident of someone telling someone else how to use this forum. Complaints about the number of posts or what`s in them. The SIMPLE answer is "if you don`t like something someone`s posted, don`t read it". Whining about "Someone`s not using MY board properly is ridiculous". It`s not YOUR board, Ghost, and Kakrout has as much right to use it the way he wants as you have.

Ned Kelly
01-06-2004, 13:06
no way jose! learn from dyadya ned, pull your head in. :p

he wasn't actually saying that at all.

Ghost
01-06-2004, 13:30
Originally posted by Jose L Piedra
Another incident of someone telling someone else how to use this forum. Complaints about the number of posts or what`s in them. The SIMPLE answer is "if you don`t like something someone`s posted, don`t read it". Whining about "Someone`s not using MY board properly is ridiculous". It`s not YOUR board, Ghost, and Kakrout has as much right to use it the way he wants as you have.

Always gotta be one clueless poster to join the fray. Three posts and already he thinks he knows the deal 'round here. Sick 'em, Ned.

Jose, try to keep up with me, k?

Kak and I are friends. The original post was meant as a complete joke (as I am cute and fluffy). Personally, I like the idea of a new forum for jokes, just like the others do. Kak had no problem with my comment (because he knows our relationship). You, however, come riding to the protection and shooting off your mouth without any knowledge whatsoever of what you're talking about. Don't bother posting a response. I accept your apology.

The discussion then went into what is and is not spam, and that was seperate from the discussion of Kak. So break into your piggy bank, get some quarters and go buy some clues. They're on sale cheap in the states I think.

Don't make me come out of retirement, I like being cute and cuddly.

Muchas Smooches,

-Ghost

**edited to comply with international law**

Hugh Jass
01-06-2004, 13:55
Kisses,

-Ghost

Dear Mr. Ghost,

This is to serve as official notification of our request for you on behalf of our client, Innosranets, to cease and desist unauthorized and illegal use of the "Kisses" closing regards.

As you are well aware, any unauthorized distribution, reproduction, public performance, and/or other exploitation of "Kisses" will constitute, among other things, common law copyright infringement/misappropriation, unfair competition, and unjust enrichment rendering you and anyone engaged with you in such acts liable for all of the remedies provided by relevant laws. These remedies include but are not limited to preliminary and permanent injunctive relief as well as monetary and punitive damages necessary to remedy your openly willful violation of Innosranets' rights.

Unless we receive full and immediate compliance with these demands, Innosranets will be forced to consider pursuing any and all available remedies at law and in equity.

Regards,
H. Mungus Jass

Jose L Piedra
01-06-2004, 13:59
Always gotta be one clueless poster to join the fray. Three posts and already he thinks he knows the deal 'round here. Sick 'em, Ned.

Jose, try to keep up with me, k?

Kak and I are friends. The original post was meant as a complete joke (as I am cute and fluffy). Personally, I like the idea of a new forum for jokes, just like the others do. Kak had no problem with my comment (because he knows our relationship). You, however, come riding to the protection and shooting off your mouth without any knowledge whatsoever of what you're talking about. Don't bother posting a response. I accept your apology.

The discussion then went into what is and is not spam, and that was seperate from the discussion of Kak. So break into your piggy bank, get some quarters and go buy some clues. They're on sale cheap in the states I think.

Don't make me come out of retirement, I like being cute and cuddly.

Kisses,

-Ghost

Sorry, I quite forgot you own this board. :D Ten`hut, soldier !! (retired).......

Ghost
01-06-2004, 14:02
Is that the best you can do, Kirk? Obviously you're hiding under that new name. Why not come out and tell us who you really are? Or do we need to check your IP to figure it out? :)

You were wrong, just admit it. It's not that hard, is it?

sfjohns67
01-06-2004, 14:31
You're all wrong. I'm right. Shut up and get in line. Especially you, Jose. FNG's, can't live with 'em and the UCMJ sez you can't kill 'em.

Braders - we'd like a "Funny Shit" forum. Don't let Len talk you out of it.

kak
01-06-2004, 15:51
Braders - we'd like a "Funny Shit" forum.
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Alethea
01-06-2004, 15:56
Originally posted by sfjohns67

Braders - we'd like a "Funny Shit" forum. '

Braders, we wouldn't.

Funny doesn't shit.

Toofuses
01-06-2004, 16:06
Who is this wacko? Never heard a funny shit joke or something?

Alethea
01-06-2004, 16:07
[shrug]

never... you tell me