PDA

View Full Version : The Rant Thread :boxing: Things that P**s you off . . .

elis
01-07-2008, 16:32
In honor of Albertina's crappy day yesterday, I inaugurate "The Rant Thread."

What happened today that got your goat, pi**ed you off, or otherwise, made you cranky?

As for me . . . I would love to know WHY WHY WHY on any day I decide it's a good day for a well deserved nap, the family from the US thinks it's a fine time to call and yak forever!! Don't get me wrong. I adore my mother. But she's up at 6. Bright eyed and bushy-tailed. But it's 2 pm for me. Just the right time to cuddle up with a book and fall asleep after 3 pages . . .

But no . . . let's talk about painting the veranda steps, and how it rained on the wet paint, and now they need repainting, etc. etc. I decide I might as well have a glass of wine if I'm going to be on the phone for the next 2 hours . . .

So great. Now it's 4 pm and I'm pickled. And have smoked way too many cigarettes . . .

And this happens all the time. (Not just mom.) I know . . . I could just not answer the phone. But then I'd feel bad. (Especially when it's mom.) Does that make me a co-de? Probably. But when you're all the way over here, a little co-dependence is okay. (Right MickeyT?)

Okay. I'm done. :vampire:

DJ Biscuit
01-07-2008, 16:39
I can't even begin to count the number of times my Mother has rung and I've been p*ssed already! Sometimes she has been able to tell, other times she thinks I am depressed and starts to go on and on and on...

However, I love excuses like yours, mid afternoon something p*sses you off and you think 'I need a drink and because such and such has happened I can justify it.'

elis
01-07-2008, 16:41
However, I love excuses like yours, mid afternoon something p*sses you off and you think 'I need a drink and because such and such has happened I can justify it.'

Hey. Sometimes it just makes the conversation flow a little more smoothly . . .

Hey. Aren'y you supposed to be getting ready for first day at new job?

DJ Biscuit
01-07-2008, 16:51
The first day at the new job has been put back a couple of days - maybe Thursday or Friday.

So I am doing nothing and doing it guilt free, so it's kinda lost its edge.

Judge
01-07-2008, 16:58
Nothing ever pis******* me off in this country...How could I ever get peeeed off,drinks and cigs for under a quid..

OOOOOOkkkkkkkkk,i'll play this game... one thing that gets on my tits..... men on the metro,why on earth do they have to open their legs sooooo wide when they are sitting down???I'm a guy,I don't need to open my legs wide enough so everyone can look at my.........

elis
01-07-2008, 17:19
Nothing ever pis******* me off in this country...How could I ever get peeeed off,drinks and cigs for under a quid..

Right you are.

OOOOOOkkkkkkkkk,i'll play this game... one thing that gets on my tits..... men on the metro,why on earth do they have to open their legs sooooo wide when they are sitting down???I'm a guy,I don't need to open my legs wide enough so everyone can look at my.........

YIKES!!! I don't know what metro you ride, but everybody on the trains I've travelled on have been much more demure. Or, perhaps, I've mastered the "metro snooze" better than you.

(PS -- BTW, I didn't mean the thread to be about what p***es you off about "here" in particular. Just about what p***ed you off about your day . . . etc.)

DJ Biscuit
01-07-2008, 17:24
People p*ss me off, all day, everyday.

DJ Biscuit
01-07-2008, 17:25
The complete unfairness of existance and death really p*sses me off.

DJ Biscuit
01-07-2008, 17:26
Man's cruelty to man, ignorance and hatred all p*ss me off.

DJ Biscuit
01-07-2008, 17:28
About four major decisions I have made during my life p*ss me off.

Orion
01-07-2008, 17:51
The complete unfairness of existance and death really p*sses me off.

Never trust a man that wants to live forever.

DJ Biscuit
01-07-2008, 17:56
I was referring to someone else's death, but now you mention it - yes eternal life would be great. I might manage to get stuff done that I just can't be bothered to do right now.

Judge
01-07-2008, 18:07
I see, what's peeeed me off today...I'll think and get back to you...

Judge
01-07-2008, 18:09
Ok, thought of one...My wife boiled the chicken instead of frying it...:evilgrin::evilgrin:

Gypsy
01-07-2008, 18:10
DJB:-

You wonder if I’m better off
With freedom now to do the things I choose
Well all my times my own and
I got nothin’ left but sleepin’ time to lose
There’s no one here to carry on
If I stay out the whole night long
Or give a tinkers damn if I don’t call
I’m livin’ like I wanted to
And doin’ things I wanna do
And nothin’ means a thing to me at all

Pretty much how I feel. If you're the same you need some Kristofferson.

Always does it for me.

Orion
01-07-2008, 18:10
Eternal life is synonymous with invicibility. All men should fear the man who thinks himself invincible.

Gypsy
01-07-2008, 18:14
Eternal life is synonymous with invicibility. All men should fear the man who thinks himself invincible.
Mere sophistry.

DJ Biscuit
01-07-2008, 18:40
Yes Gypsy, that's pretty much how I feel on a day to day basis. Or put another way:

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

Pechorin
01-07-2008, 18:58
well, the only thing that consistently annoys me about Moscow is the frequently ridiculously ass-backwards way the locals sometimes do things. Example: at my workplace metro, one of the escalators was out of service for two months, with huge bottlenecks resulting, literally a eight to ten minute wait to get to the escalator, and obviously almost that entire time nobody was servicing or repairing the damn thing. Eh, the price you pay to live here, but it's just so seemingly stupid sometimes when things are just so badly run.

Gypsy
01-07-2008, 18:58
But I quoted a real poet.

See him wasted on the sidewalk in his jacket and his jeans,
Wearin' yesterday's misfortunes like a smile
Once he had a future full of money, love, and dreams,
Which he spent like they was goin' outa style
And he keeps right on a'changin' for the better or the worse,
Searchin' for a shrine he's never found
Never knowin' if believin' is a blessin' or a curse,
Or if the goin' up was worth the comin' down

elis
01-07-2008, 22:00
Whoa . . . heavy duty melancholy happening here.

IMHO, you can't get p***ed at the escalators. That's just a fact of life. Boiled chicken instead of fried. Sure. That can get under the skin.

DJ Biscuit
01-07-2008, 22:05
Interestingly enough, or not, the person who invented escalators intended people to walk up and down on them like moving stairs, it was not his intention that we just stand on them!

DJ Biscuit
01-07-2008, 22:08
As to melancholy - why don't we all meet at the Wednesday jam session thing and be all existential together?

Existential expats!

Gypsy
01-07-2008, 22:16
As to melancholy - why don't we all meet at the Wednesday jam session thing and be all existential together?

Existential expats!

have they got a kitchen we can hang around in?

DJ Biscuit
01-07-2008, 22:20
I was hoping we could recreate 1930's Paris Cafe society and sit outside sipping red wine intently and ordering coffee with hidden meaning.

Gypsy
01-07-2008, 22:23
I was hoping we could recreate 1930's Paris Cafe society and sit outside sipping red wine intently and ordering coffee with hidden meaning.

Zut alors mon brave!

As long as we don't have to wear hats.

DJ Biscuit
01-07-2008, 22:30
No, but you may have to smoke, even it if gives you...

'Nausea'.

And we will have to say things like:

''We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.''

elis
01-07-2008, 22:32
have they got a kitchen we can hang around in?

Either sounds great to me!

Will the coffee have hidden meaning? Or will we need to order it mysteriously?

Zut alors mon brave!

As long as we don't have to wear hats.

I love hats!! I look dorky in them. But I love them. Come on!! What about a nice beret.

We won't have to drink absinthe, will we?

Albertina
01-07-2008, 22:33
AGHH! I also want to rant! I'm supposed to go first :5387:
But unfortunately my pains from yesterday's disappeared in the haze of Cabernet Savignon and I cant exactly recall why i was so upset! I like this selective amnesia :zoom: :lovepot:

Why are you guys so glum?! Geeze! Go to Denmark and learn how to be happy :Loco:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Denmark, with its democracy, social equality and peaceful atmosphere, is the happiest country in the world, researchers said on Monday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Zimbabwe, torn by political and social strife, is the least happy, while the world's richest nation, the United States, ranks 16th.

Overall, the world is getting happier, according to the U.S. government-funded World Values Survey, done regularly by a global network of social scientists.

It found increased happiness from 1981 to 2007 in 45 of 52 countries analyzed.
http://www.expat.ru/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=409297

elis
No, but you may have to smoke, even it if gives you...

'Nausea'.

And we will have to say things like:

''We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.''

:Loco:

Please!! Don't make me laugh. I have a pinched nerve and the pain is just too exquisite!

MissAnnElk
"Isn't it pretty to think so."

Today it ticks me off that I am over here, with all the greatest Mexican food I could want, and I'm sort of sorry I'm not going to the mixer with you nutjobs tomorrow night . . .

Gypsy
01-07-2008, 22:35
AGHH! I also want to rant! I'm supposed to go first :5387:
But unfortunately my pains from yesterday's disappeared in the haze of Cabernet Savignon and I cant exactly recall why i was so upset! I like this selective amnesia :zoom: :lovepot:

Why are you guys so glum?! Geeze! Go to Denmark and learn how to be happy :Loco:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Denmark, with its democracy, social equality and peaceful atmosphere, is the happiest country in the world, researchers said on Monday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Zimbabwe, torn by political and social strife, is the least happy, while the world's richest nation, the United States, ranks 16th.

Overall, the world is getting happier, according to the U.S. government-funded World Values Survey, done regularly by a global network of social scientists.

It found increased happiness from 1981 to 2007 in 45 of 52 countries analyzed.
http://www.expat.ru/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=409297
Bastards!

Can't even let us be unhappy.

Albertina
01-07-2008, 22:35
"Isn't it pretty to think so."

Today it ticks me off that I am over here, with all the greatest Mexican food I could want, and I'm sort of sorry I'm not going to the mixer with you nutjobs tomorrow night . . .

Yeah... Moscow - it hurts so good!

elis
01-07-2008, 22:38

Existential expats!

Do jam sessions and existentialism go together? Or is someone planning on doing an Edith Piaf cover?

DJ Biscuit
01-07-2008, 22:39
Ah, but how to measure happiness? What is it?

I kinda like this:

"I'm just not happy. I'm just not happy. I'm just not happy because my life didn't turn out the way I thought it would." Hey! Join the f*cking club, ok!? I thought I was going to be the starting center fielder for the Boston Red Socks. Life sucks, get a f*cking helmet, allright?! "I'm not happy. I'm not happy." Nobody's happy, ok!? Happiness comes in small doses folks. It's a cigarette, or a chocolate cookie, or a five second orgasm. That's it, ok! You cum, you eat the cookie, you smoke the butt, you go to sleep, you get up in the morning and go to f*cking work, ok!? That is it! End of f*cking list! "

MissAnnElk
01-07-2008, 22:42

. . .

Happiness comes in small doses folks."

Wasn't that the conclusion of the novel The Hours? That life is what we endure while we wait for those wonderful moments to come around?

And that other people are here with us to help us get through it all?

I might have made all that up.

DJ Biscuit
01-07-2008, 22:48
No idea, but it wouldn't be unusual for Denis Leary to use someone else's lines.

Albertina
01-07-2008, 22:52

I kinda like this:

"I'm just not happy. I'm just not happy. I'm just not happy because my life didn't turn out the way I thought it would." Hey! Join the f*cking club, ok!? I thought I was going to be the starting center fielder for the Boston Red Socks. Life sucks, get a f*cking helmet, allright?! "I'm not happy. I'm not happy." Nobody's happy, ok!? Happiness comes in small doses folks. It's a cigarette, or a chocolate cookie, or a five second orgasm. That's it, ok! You cum, you eat the cookie, you smoke the butt, you go to sleep, you get up in the morning and go to f*cking work, ok!? That is it! End of f*cking list! "

No no, happiness does not lie in such petty pleasures... Think Big! Happiness is having a facial, buying a Hermes bag, having a wine and a girls' talk, reading a women's fashion magazine, wearing your favourite perfume and highest possible heels! Geez, how can you compare a 5-second orgasm to mascara that lasts the whole day! :lovepot:

Gypsy
01-07-2008, 23:52
Wasn't that the conclusion of the novel The Hours? That life is what we endure while we wait for those wonderful moments to come around?

And that other people are here with us to help us get through it all?

I might have made all that up.

I thought it was from Good Will Hunting.

MissAnnElk
02-07-2008, 05:06

Well, you see, I never saw the end of that movie.

Gypsy
02-07-2008, 11:34
Well, you see, I never saw the end of that movie.

I may be way off, but isn;t it where Ben Affleck is explaining to Will that he has to use his talent because the rest of them don't have it?

Pechorin
02-07-2008, 12:19
another annoying ass-backwards Russian way of doing things. Aeroflot (we are world class Aeroflot) has a page on their website for "specials," almost all of which are valid for travel through... June 30.

More annoying: silly Americans who wail about "our constitutional liberties are at risk" and that the Bush regime is "proto-fascistic" or some such non-sense.

Zhenulka
02-07-2008, 12:40
No no, happiness does not lie in such petty pleasures... Think Big! Happiness is having a facial, buying a Hermes bag, having a wine and a girls' talk, reading a women's fashion magazine, wearing your favourite perfume and highest possible heels! Geez, how can you compare a 5-second orgasm to mascara that lasts the whole day! :lovepot:

Ehhh :eh:, Alb, I can't understand how wearing highest possible heels can make anyone comfortable, let alone happy! It can only add pain, pain, pain to your little feet by the end of the day! And mascara can be washed out by the drops of a scanty summer rain or by tears caused by pain in the feet after wearing highest possible heels. But the memory of a 5 second orgasm in the morning can carry you light and fresh through any difficulties of the day. So can a bar of chocolate! It's not the quantity (=duration), but the quality (=intensity) of feeling that matters! (hehe, sorry for the truism):neiner:

Zhenulka
02-07-2008, 12:43
another annoying ass-backwards Russian way of doing things. Aeroflot (we are world class Aeroflot) has a page on their website for "specials," almost all of which are valid for travel through... June 30.

Maybe you should have looked at their web-site before June 30. Then you would have had no reason for the rant.

MissAnnElk
02-07-2008, 13:39

I can't do the heels literally, so I would substitute a fabulous new bra there, but I think all of these things Albertina listed would = feeling great in one's own skin, which would = radiating more charm and charisma, which could very likely lead to getting laid and the 5-second (or longer or, better, repeated) orgasm. Cookie and cigarette optional, of course.

Zhenulka
02-07-2008, 18:10
I like your logic, MissAnn! Never thought though that high heels can play such a crucial role in getting laid. When everything else fails, I'll try them. Hehehe!

P.S.Not that I've never put on high heels before but I probably did it with the wrong approach: charm and charisma being subjugated by a feeling of discomfort. But you reminded me that one always have to put on a brave face, even when in pain!!!

Orion
02-07-2008, 18:25
"

Umm...there is no good Mexican food, let alone great Mexican food, north of the Red River. And, as far I know, you are very, very far north of that river. :)

Orion
02-07-2008, 18:35
I may be way off, but isn;t it where Ben Affleck is explaining to Will that he has to use his talent because the rest of them don't have it?

Who knew...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpnFFHxg5a0

Orion
02-07-2008, 18:43

That make a life...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFof9AD2YlE&feature=related

Orion
02-07-2008, 18:54
My boy's wicked smaat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68fAclKb1n0&NR=1

Orion
02-07-2008, 18:57
But while I have indulged my penchant for certain things Boston I just have to add a final one...

It's Boston Red Sox...not Socks.

Minor, I know, but think of it as a Yank calling the Reds the Red Devils instead.

Lady Marmalade
02-07-2008, 21:13
My Boy's Wicked Smart, Part 2

YouTube- Jay and Silent Bob - Good Will Hunting 2 : Hunting Season

Bels
02-07-2008, 21:51
What pisses me off is when I purposely try to windup on this certain pics of this forum, and they don't respond back :) quickly enough. :(

Albertina
02-07-2008, 22:20
Zhenulka and MissAnn, are you trying to tick me off by getting into details, while the point was conceptual.

MissAnnElk
02-07-2008, 22:52
Zhenulka and MissAnn, are you trying to tick me off by getting into details, while the point was conceptual.

Ooooh . . . sorry. I thought I was being conceptual, too. Well, I thought I knew what you meant anyhow. Maybe I didn't.

Confidential to Orion: Yeah, yeah, I know that REAL Mexican . . .Like Water for Chocolate Mexican cooking . . . doesn't exist up here in the Heartland. (Although there used to be a place in Coral Gables, FL that did the recipes from that book/movie) But there are some very good approximations in the hippy land of Athens County, Ohio, believe it or not. At least very fine artisanal salsas.

Orion
03-07-2008, 11:45
I got a rant...or at least something that ticked me off this morning:

I am booking flights or a vacation and found a good rate for a round trip ticket...$469. Smile on my face for that one...until I looked at the fare details.

Ticket: $203

Taxes and Fees: $266

Taxes and Fees are more than the actual value of the thing I want to purchase. Seems like nothing more than legal racketeering.

kirk10071
03-07-2008, 11:53

I am booking flights or a vacation and found a good rate for a round trip ticket...$469. Smile on my face for that one...until I looked at the fare details.

Taxes and Fees are more than the actual value of the thing I want to purchase. Seems like nothing more than legal racketeering.

And NOW the airlines (at least domestically in the US) want to charge for each checked bag. Which means even if you pack light, you can't get much of what you need (basic toiletries for example) past security because you have to check anything (even if it is 3/4 empty) that could contain a liquid, up to and including your bladder, and so when you sigh deeply and check your little bag -- against your will -- you are punished by the airline for doing so and charged $25.

And worse STILL is when you find a good fare online so you say, let's book it, and then just as you get to the pay screen, it says "Oh, your fare is changed. It is now $350 more than we quoted on the previous page...."

Gypsy
03-07-2008, 12:05
I can't do the heels literally, so I would substitute a fabulous new bra there, but I think all of these things Albertina listed would = feeling great in one's own skin, which would = radiating more charm and charisma, which could very likely lead to getting laid and the 5-second (or longer or, better, repeated) orgasm. Cookie and cigarette optional, of course.
Hopefully longer, but cookie????????

A glass of nicely chilled sancerre, definitely; some nice chocolates maybe, but cookie????

Gypsy
03-07-2008, 12:10

Yup -I have been boring people to death with this for the last 5 years.

Most companies convert Sales to profit at around 7-10%. Airlines somewhat less,but let that pass for a moment.

Even when the Taxes etc are not as high as Orion's above, say $20 vs a Fare of $100 the governments are still making twice the profit of the airline without having to invest in aircraft, crews, training etc etc etc. It is the biggest rip off in history (except for all the others obviously).

MissAnnElk
03-07-2008, 16:15
Hopefully longer, but cookie????????

A glass of nicely chilled sancerre, definitely; some nice chocolates maybe, but cookie????

I was just continuing the Denis Leary bit about a smoke and a cookie . . . I don't want the cookie. I want the nookie and the wine and the chocolates.

Gypsy
03-07-2008, 16:26
I was just continuing the Denis Leary bit about a smoke and a cookie . . . I don't want the cookie. I want the nookie and the wine and the chocolates.

Now we're getting somewhere.

Although haven't heard "nookie" for years. Very quaint.

Orion
03-07-2008, 17:05

I did it all for the Nookie,
For the Nookie,
For the Nookie;
So you can take that cookie and stick it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlBNVcrLpcs

Zhenulka
03-07-2008, 19:30

Albertina, darrrling, I didn't want to tick you off by any means. I understood your and MissAnn's concept but this is a rant thread so I chose high heels as a pretext for my rant. Better high heels than all the rest that gets me down in this life unless you want to have this thread turned into Zhenulka's tedious monologue.

Albertina
03-07-2008, 22:09
I love high hills.

Is this better for you? :goblin:

elis
03-07-2008, 22:24
This should probably be in the pet section, but I figure . . . I started the thread . . . and I'm ranting.

I think my freakin' dog needs a freakin' shrink!! If you don’t feel like reading, stop now, because I’m going to go on and on and on . . .

Two days before Russia began its exultant aspiration at football ascendency, Luna was in the park with the Husband, when a Lada backfired. Things have gone downhill ever since. The backfire caused an immediate retreat to the apartment building. Two days later when the neighbourhood erupted at 2 am with "RAH-SEE-YA! RAH-SEE-YA! RAH-SEE-YA!" and pyrotechnic accompaniment, she started to believe that anything outside the apartment concealed some type of evil demon. Needless to say, the victory against Holland and the excitement preceding Spanish match did nothing to help her anxieties. Now, the Husband is gone for the 10 days. And the situation has steadily gotten worse.

Every time we walk outside, she sniffs the air and somehow believes that there are nasty invisible demons flitting about and that it is NOT SAFE to be outside. Now I am stuck with a totally neurotic animal, who for the past 3 days has refused to go more than five paces past the front door of the building. (And also seems to have the worst gas ever!!! :yuk:)

Because of this (the neurosis not the gas), she now gets to wear her harness, and I have been witnessed dragging—yes, dragging—my dog down the street in hopes of getting more than 10 feet from the door. Today, she acquiesced to cross the street with me. Then decided she wanted to go home and made a beeline for the street again. And when 70 lbs of Lab are dragging you, there’s really not much you can do about it. . . . Then, she sat her ass down in the MIDDLE OF THE STREET. (It’s Moscow . . . cars were coming . . .)

At wits end! Will even accept offers to speak with one of those people who claim they can communicate telepathically with animals . . .

Albertina
03-07-2008, 22:35
maybe she needs a nookie :10301:

Orion
03-07-2008, 22:52
maybe she needs a nookie :10301:

Hahahahaha....oh, that made me laugh out loud!!!

Judge
03-07-2008, 23:07
This should probably be in the pet section, but I figure . . . I started the thread . . . and I'm ranting.

I think my freakin' dog needs a freakin' shrink!! If you don’t feel like reading, stop now, because I’m going to go on and on and on . . .

Two days before Russia began its exultant aspiration at football ascendency, Luna was in the park with the Husband, when a Lada backfired. Things have gone downhill ever since. The backfire caused an immediate retreat to the apartment building. Two days later when the neighbourhood erupted at 2 am with "RAH-SEE-YA! RAH-SEE-YA! RAH-SEE-YA!" and pyrotechnic accompaniment, she started to believe that anything outside the apartment concealed some type of evil demon. Needless to say, the victory against Holland and the excitement preceding Spanish match did nothing to help her anxieties. Now, the Husband is gone for the 10 days. And the situation has steadily gotten worse.

Every time we walk outside, she sniffs the air and somehow believes that there are nasty invisible demons flitting about and that it is NOT SAFE to be outside. Now I am stuck with a totally neurotic animal, who for the past 3 days has refused to go more than five paces past the front door of the building. (And also seems to have the worst gas ever!!! :yuk:)

Because of this (the neurosis not the gas), she now gets to wear her harness, and I have been witnessed dragging—yes, dragging—my dog down the street in hopes of getting more than 10 feet from the door. Today, she acquiesced to cross the street with me. Then decided she wanted to go home and made a beeline for the street again. And when 70 lbs of Lab are dragging you, there’s really not much you can do about it. . . . Then, she sat her ass down in the MIDDLE OF THE STREET. (It’s Moscow . . . cars were coming . . .)

At wits end! Will even accept offers to speak with one of those people who claim they can communicate telepathically with animals . . .

Try and turn it into a game,if your dog walks a bit give it dog chocolates,keep this up for awhile and you dog will know that it will get chocolates ..The only problem is that your dog will weigh about 90lbs not 70lbs..:10305::10305:

TD
04-07-2008, 02:06
I think my freakin' dog needs a freakin' shrink!!

have you heard of this guy? seems to get good results --->

Amazon.com: Cesar's Way: The Natural, Everyday Guide to Understanding and Correcting Common Dog Problems (9780307337979): Cesar Millan, Melissa Jo Peltier: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51xRFXRyp3L.@@AMEPARAM@@51xRFXRyp3L

YouTube - Up Close With "Dog Whisperer" Cesar Millan PT2 of 3 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=tqHjq-cj97I)

YouTube - Dog Whisperer | Ruby (http://youtube.com/watch?v=fkovdvsWLS4)

Zhenulka
04-07-2008, 10:56
I love high hills.

Is this better for you? :goblin:

Yeps, :agree: high hills are definitely better. Particularly, walking on high heels across the high hills... it heals my mood...then it kills my feet.

Zhenulka
04-07-2008, 11:09

Oh, our dog, although she is only about 10 kg, does the same quite often. For her, it's a matter of principle. She needs to show us who the real boss is. She is particularly fond of lying down in the middle of a car road. I guess she finds this particularly thrilling for all of us. She also does this so that we can pick her up and carry her all the way home in our arms because she's lazy to do it on her own. Our dog doesn't need a shrink and she can't have a nookie for medical reasons but she needs a temper management course to take her down a peg a bit!

Albertina
04-07-2008, 20:22
ok, elis and Zhenulka, don't ask me to dog-sit - you just did a negative advertising for them :D unless of course you give me remy martin ;)

elis
04-07-2008, 20:27
ok, elis and Zhenulka, don't ask me to dog-sit - you just did a negative advertising for them :D unless of course you give me remy martin ;)

No. No. No. Luna's perfect in every way. She'll actually bring your Remy . . . :)

Zhenulka
04-07-2008, 20:37
No. No. No. Luna's perfect in every way. She'll actually bring your Remy . . . :)

Could you please train my doggy to do the same?

Albertina
04-07-2008, 20:38
Could you please train my doggy to do the same?

Yes! train the small doggy to bring me Remy! :iagree:

w.meijerink
06-07-2008, 10:37
Thank God that I have visit the bathroom before I open this toilet.
:10806:

:jester:

w.meijerink
06-07-2008, 10:39
:9456:Alone again :9456:

:suspect: Who give this order this time?

Zhenulka
06-07-2008, 12:24

And my doggy isn't that bad at all. Actually, she doesn't need to be perfect to be the object of everyone's affection. She has a character. And part of our (different creatures') attraction lies in our flaws, doesn't it?

Gypsy
06-07-2008, 12:43
And my doggy isn't that bad at all. Actually, she doesn't need to be perfect to be the object of everyone's affection. She has a character. And part of our (different creatures') attraction lies in our flaws, doesn't it?

Well not in my case, obviously, where the attraction is my perfection, charm and above all my modesty.

Albertina
06-07-2008, 12:44
And part of our (different creatures') attraction lies in our flaws, doesn't it?

Then I'd be very attracive :trampoline: I don't even know if I have anything other than flaws :rolleyes: :10479:

Zhenulka
06-07-2008, 12:45
Well not in my case, obviously, where the attraction is my perfection, charm and above all my modesty.

LOL!:Loco: You're modest indeed!!!

Zhenulka
06-07-2008, 12:50
Then I'd be very attracive :trampoline: I don't even know if I have anything other than flaws :rolleyes: :10479:

Well, in that case I am sure it's hard to resist your power of attraction.

As for myself, I think I have some small virtues too. So it will be hard for me to compete with you. :groan:

Gypsy
06-07-2008, 12:51
LOL!:Loco: You're modest indeed!!!
Yup.

Nobody more modest than me.

Albertina
06-07-2008, 12:54
Yup.

Nobody more modest than me.

perhaps you missed one 'o' in the 'modest' :9456:

Gypsy
06-07-2008, 12:58
perhaps you missed one 'o' in the 'modest' :9456:

I doubt it, because then I would have had to have made a mistake, (See "perfection", above.) which is clearly impossible. Although I may have made a mistake in June 1976.

elis
06-07-2008, 13:02
Although I may have made a mistake in June 1976.

And that mistake was probably thinking you were mistaken.

Gypsy
06-07-2008, 13:03
And that mistake was probably thinking you were mistaken.

Indeed, I was being modest.

Albertina
06-07-2008, 13:07
I doubt it, because then I would have had to have made a mistake, (See "perfection", above.) which is clearly impossible. Although I may have made a mistake in June 1976.

hmm, you got me here. I shouldn't have argued with perfection, vraiment!

Gypsy
06-07-2008, 13:20
hmm, you got me here. I shouldn't have argued with perfection, vraiment!

Indeed so.

Still mustn't tarry - Willikins is here with my aperitif, a nicely chilled Chablis, - and luncheon is served in the south dining room.