PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Resident application submitted from U.S.

CaliforniaAngel
29-06-2008, 00:29
I have turned in my application at the Russian consulate in the San Francisco. It was accepted and I was given a receipt and a case number. Now I have the six month wait.

If anyone else would like to apply from the US feel free to PM me. I would be happy to share the info I have about where and what I did to make it happen.

Bels
29-06-2008, 13:25
I have turned in my application at the Russian consulate in the San Francisco. It was accepted and I was given a receipt and a case number. Now I have the six month wait.

If anyone else would like to apply from the US feel free to PM me. I would be happy to share the info I have about where and what I did to make it happen.

Being a temporary resident myself, but applying in Odentsova my nearest FMS, I would like to more of how it's possible. My only guess is that you had already done all your medical visits, etc in Moscow, and had all your documents ready prepared with official Russian translation stamps. And what about the necessary personal visits FMS requires.

Bels
29-06-2008, 13:32
But now I do believe you are right, because my wife has just informed it can also be done if you are in London through the London Russian Embassy, and apparently the service is much more efficient. But I haven't found any evidence of this on the website, if i do will post it.

Siberiahpf
05-07-2008, 07:33
Hi, we are returning to the US 18 July to renew our visa's but would like more information on what we need to do to obtain the Temp. Res. Visa. Do you have a list of all the required documents and forms you had to provide? did you have to go in person to the Embassy? We live in Colorado but our visa renewal is going to Washington. Any and all information would be great as it is very hard to find complete answers on the internet or even from friends who have completed the process.. some were successful and other not. feel free to email us at:
tmason@maf.org

thanks

Proper Bostonian
14-07-2008, 10:00
Congratulations on having your documents submitted!

Bels
14-07-2008, 12:48
Hi, we are returning to the US 18 July to renew our visa's but would like more information on what we need to do to obtain the Temp. Res. Visa. Do you have a list of all the required documents and forms you had to provide? did you have to go in person to the Embassy? We live in Colorado but our visa renewal is going to Washington. Any and all information would be great as it is very hard to find complete answers on the internet or even from friends who have completed the process.. some were successful and other not. feel free to email us at:
tmason@maf.org

thanks

It's all here,just try searching. Some of the treads are long drawn out, but there are also some very good condensed posts.

Anything missing? Just ask. As there are now quite a few of us here who already have residency, and then there are also a few who are almost there, and who are ready to keep you up to date.