PDA

View Full Version : Visa's problems problems problems.....

w.meijerink
28-06-2008, 22:29
When I read here on the site what kind of problems we always have with this awful crazy system the call VISA !!!
And saw the last week how the new president of Russia want to have easier business with companies of Europe and Russia, than I can say only one thing to you dear Mr President of Russia and members of the EU.

Four yours ago we start a meeting to see of it is/was possible to make it easier to get a visa and when we will have the new passport (chip with photo and fingerprint) maybe we can say goodbye to the system of visa and there crazy rules.

So Mr. President and members of Europe, keep your promisses open the borders for our people who loves our countries and want to visit your countries and don't use all kinds of stupid excusses about criminals, because they get easier a visa than we, men and women who have our friends, family or business in Russia, Europe or somewhere in the world.
It's hard to wait for a visa when somebody of your family is ill so STOP THIS!!!

Bels
01-07-2008, 17:47
Have you noticed that Mr both presidents have come up with the same speech? " I'm about to make it easier for you, by providing you with more goverment legislation".

On the other side I'm afraid Britain, Southern Ireland, and Denmark want to resist on their borders being open.

privet2009
06-10-2008, 02:24
On the other side I'm afraid Britain, Southern Ireland, and Denmark want to resist on their borders being open.

Britain has the weakest immigration policy in the EU... its a joke. Thats why many of us left and/or are leaving.

Ody
06-10-2008, 21:52
Have you noticed that Mr both presidents have come up with the same speech? " I'm about to make it easier for you, by providing you with more goverment legislation".

Yes its true, or it'll be an emigrational collapse there.

staceyw
11-06-2009, 13:12
visa problems are always a pain in the a**, wherever u are, really

IGIT
11-06-2009, 16:45
Britain has the weakest immigration policy in the EU... its a joke. Thats why many of us left and/or are leaving.
me laugh when people talk of immigration. People of the world migrated long before "visas" came and they will continue to do so. The more you try to control it, the more problems you create. Moreover, me think in this context "visas" and "migration" are different issues.
me wonder who gave the British the visa to loot Africa and turn Australia to their land? Who gave the US "visas" to invade and destroy the Native Indians.
Personally me thinks the guy you brought up the very idea of "visa" should be castrated. assuming he was a guy. :1306:

My 0.2 cents

jeyla
11-06-2009, 23:53
that is so true and so sad at that... i remember when i first came to switzerland (as a russian citizen) i was actually told point blank that if i wanted to get a work permit (at the end of my masters) i would be better off applying as "an artist" translation stripper/cabaret girl!!! i have lived most of my life in europe, have diplomas, work experience, references, im financially sound and so forth and this is what i get! this was my "best chance" ...!

basically my visa experiences of all kinds can be summed up to :rant:

DDT
12-06-2009, 00:23
Some of what IGIT posted is valid. People actually had more freedom to travel even as little as a few generations ago.

Kangaroo495
19-06-2009, 16:52
that is so true and so sad at that... i remember when i first came to switzerland (as a russian citizen) i was actually told point blank that if i wanted to get a work permit (at the end of my masters) i would be better off applying as "an artist" translation stripper/cabaret girl!!! i have lived most of my life in europe, have diplomas, work experience, references, im financially sound and so forth and this is what i get! this was my "best chance" ...!

basically my visa experiences of all kinds can be summed up to :rant:

Can't imagine the Swiss behaving like this... Assholes! (Or if they were from the French part - "Ass*oles") ;) But what was the conclusion to the story? Can't imagine your career was too successful with "artist" written on your work permit... How did you get the correct visa?

I wonder if it's possible to get an "artist" visa to Russia...? Might be easier to go for one of those next time, instead of going through all the mess with the other visas... Do you have to prove yourself as an artist? Is there an examination by the border guards or something?

Absurd

Maykovskaya
19-06-2009, 17:35
Visas - taxation without representation (and an unbelievable waste of time, among other evils)

mephistopheles
14-07-2009, 20:02
I am trying to apply for a Russian visa for my 1-week trip to St. Petersburg in August. I am a Turkish national but I am living and working in London, so I'll apply from London.

All my documents are ready except for visa supporting documents. I tried to get it from a tourist agency - Russian National Tourist office-, however they couldn't provide visa supporting docs for Turkish national and they recommended me to book a hotel.

Then I contacted with couple of hotels in St.Petersburg, but no luck so far, as they said they were not authorised to send visa support docs for Turkish nationals.

It's really driving me mad. Any suggestions from anyone?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Dmitry Alexandrov
30-07-2009, 13:17
Mephistopheles,

Unfortunately for you (as a Turkish national) there is a black list of countries with high risk of illegal migration. Turkey is in the list. Nobody wants to have pain in the @ss, so you have problems.

The suggestions are:
1. If you are calling to the hotels - call the BIG NAME hotels
2. Call the Russian Consulate in London and check with them if they have "close" relations with any travel agency which will be able to help you.

Good Luck

Bels
30-07-2009, 15:05
me laugh when people talk of immigration. People of the world migrated long before "visas" came and they will continue to do so. The more you try to control it, the more problems you create. Moreover, me think in this context "visas" and "migration" are different issues.
me wonder who gave the British the visa to loot Africa and turn Australia to their land? Who gave the US "visas" to invade and destroy the Native Indians.
Personally me thinks the guy you brought up the very idea of "visa" should be castrated. assuming he was a guy. :1306:

My 0.2 cents

Where did the US people come from when they invaded and destroyed the native indians. Or are you talking about India and their natives? Or are you talking about Columbus when he thought he was in India and not America? Hence he called them Indian natives.