PDA

View Full Version : re: newpassports for new baby, born in UK, & stepdaughter on wife's russian passport?

marvey
27-06-2008, 18:36
My wife ( originally Russian, and now with British citizenship too) and I ( British only ) were married in Kenya 6 years ago. Marriage certificate wasn't stamped by Russian embassy, so marriage not recognized by Russian authorities, though it is by British, so no problem when we are in Britain, and for the moment we live in London, so no problem. I have several questions:

1. My wife wishes to get her surname updated in her Russian foreign passport. Do I simply need to send marriage certificate to Russian embassy in Kenya to get stamp, and then apply for new passport via Russian embassy in London?

2. My stepdaughter ( wife's daughter born in Russia, and also has British citizenship ) is now 12yo, and she remains on my wife's old passport under my wife's previous surname. She wants to visit Russia by herself occasionally in future ( to be picked up by relatives in Moscow airport), so we are considering applying for a Russian passport in her own name. What documents do we require in order to facilitate this? Do we apply directly to Russian Embassy in London?

3. We recently had a baby boy, who is now 3 months old, born in London. He has a British passport. We are considering a trip to Russia later this summer to visit relatives. We are not sure whether to apply for a Russian passport in his name, which is a different surname to that of my wife in her Russian passport, or to get him a visa under his British passport. What do people suggest would be easier in short/long term in their experience?

Are there any London based agencies/websites that can help with such passport applications?

Andreiushka
27-06-2008, 23:09
My wife ( originally Russian, and now with British citizenship too) and I ( British only ) were married in Kenya 6 years ago. Marriage certificate wasn't stamped by Russian embassy, so marriage not recognized by Russian authorities, though it is by British, so no problem when we are in Britain, and for the moment we live in London, so no problem. I have several questions:

1. My wife wishes to get her surname updated in her Russian foreign passport. Do I simply need to send marriage certificate to Russian embassy in Kenya to get stamp, and then apply for new passport via Russian embassy in London?

2. My stepdaughter ( wife's daughter born in Russia, and also has British citizenship ) is now 12yo, and she remains on my wife's old passport under my wife's previous surname. She wants to visit Russia by herself occasionally in future ( to be picked up by relatives in Moscow airport), so we are considering applying for a Russian passport in her own name. What documents do we require in order to facilitate this? Do we apply directly to Russian Embassy in London?

3. We recently had a baby boy, who is now 3 months old, born in London. He has a British passport. We are considering a trip to Russia later this summer to visit relatives. We are not sure whether to apply for a Russian passport in his name, which is a different surname to that of my wife in her Russian passport, or to get him a visa under his British passport. What do people suggest would be easier in short/long term in their experience?

Are there any London based agencies/websites that can help with such
passport applications?

From documents you need to bring:
1. The present passport + copies of page with a photo, and also pages with active English visa
2. The domestic passport + a copy of page with a photo.
3. Photos 6
4. The reference if work
5. The marriage certficate, with an apostille and a translation into Russian (if there are questions about it, ask - I will answer!;))) + a copy of all pages of this document (at me them 4!)
6. Other pieces of paper will give to you for filling directly in embassy.

The apostille is such piece of paper which paste on a back sv-va about spoilage (in this case) and confirm with the press. The apostille for document legalisation in other country is necessary (they always ask, for what country the apostille is necessary!). Mark apostilles in Legalisation Office: http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front? pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1007029391449. This procedure no more a half an hour takes if to descend there most, but it is possible to send and by mail.
It is necessary for passport replacement. Copies from passports can be made at News Agent near to consulate.

Furthermore come on a site [url]http://www.rusemblon.org/. Thereyou will find a lot of the information useful and necessary to you. I hope to you though than that have helped.
Good-bye.

Logos
14-07-2008, 18:35
Hi there.

If the process above isn't going as quickly as you'd like, I've come to know a family that has used a professional service for their apostille.

It was VERY fast, and everything was approved without a problem.

here is the web address: Apostille (Legalization on Line) (http://www.apostille.us)

I've looked at the website myself, and they've got quite a few services...

Logos...

rgreen
15-07-2008, 10:26
The cost to get an apostille from this company for my marriage license is $493. So to get 4 apostilles would cost about $2,000.

In the USA, it cost me $8 to get these same documents.

I am not saying anything bad about this company; only that it is very expensive. It is cheaper for me to fly to the USA and get my own.

But if you have plenty of money and are short of free time or are just lazy, this is probably a good way to go.