PDA

View Full Version : Accommodation/schooling panic

Khal
27-05-2004, 16:18
Hi all

Just discovered this forum today.....planning on moving to Moscow from Dublin soon. All very last minute and panic is setting in re accommodation and schools. Have 12 year-old daughter - not happy about giving up friends at home......am worried about choosing area to live and was hoping for somewhere where it would be easier for her to mix in with other kids. Native English speaker, fluent Russian, however we know nothing about Moscow (lived in St. P a few years ago) Good areas, bad areas etc. any comments appreciated.
British International School probably only option (anglo American too expensive) and after three year gap in Dublin can't send her back to Russian school as it would be too hard to catch up. Any comments on the areas near the northside secondary school (prospekt mira)? Extremely stressed, any advice welcome!!!!

SunnyBunny
07-06-2004, 07:02
If you are considering British school and would like to live close your choices are either Sokol/green metro line North/purple line/Krasnoperesnenskaya or down South-Yasenevo/Leninskij/Vernadskogo prospekt.
There are bilingual schools in Moscow from what I researched (but I don't have any personal experience with them) "Marina", "Moscow Economic School" (check best in MOscow or yellow pages) If your daughter is fluent in Russian this may bea good and cheaper choice for her.
Good luck/

Diplomatka
14-06-2004, 20:48
Please note that BIS prices have gone up...

Pingu
22-06-2004, 12:40
What's this "Marina" school - what language(s) does it teach in, what age does it start at, where is it, etc.? Thanks.

xt-tsi
22-06-2004, 18:19
Here's the info on the Maria school. I don't know anything about them...

MARINA SLAVJANSKO-ANGLO-AMERIKANSKAJA SHKOLA

119331, Moskva, Kravchenko ul., d. 8
95 (1463) ph +7(095) 1383708

119261, Moskva, Panferova ul., d. 6, korp. 2
96 (1440) ph +7(095) 1345035

go to: http://www.yellowpages.ru/english to get more info about private schools in Russia...

uninformed
23-06-2004, 00:37
Originally posted by xt-tsi
Here's the info on the Maria school. I don't know anything about them...

119331, Moskva, Kravchenko ul., d. 8
95 (1463) ph +7(095) 1383708

You MUST visit them before you consider them seriously. As far as I can tell there are NO native English speakers and a high percentage of the staff speak very little English. This is a school for Russians wanting to know a bit of english. This is NOT a school for foreigners who do not know Russian.