PDA

View Full Version : RF passport for baby born in Russia to foreign parents

nishoe
24-06-2008, 19:15
Was wondering if Russian citizenship can be attained by a baby born in Russia even if both parents are non-Russians.
If yes, can we have some details about the procedure?

bambina
24-06-2008, 21:42
Was wondering if Russian citizenship can be attained by a baby born in Russia even if both parents are non-Russians.
If yes, can we have some details about the procedure?

as far as I know, you can but only if country of his/her parents will reject him/her a citizenship.

Bels
24-06-2008, 23:35
No, but if you wish to go through the process, go through the Russian process first to avoid complications. Your child will always be accepted in the country of their parents. Get your child both passports.

Bels
24-06-2008, 23:38
After all your child is Russian, and Russia needs children. First of all, get his rightful birth certificate.

rumson
29-06-2008, 23:19
Russian nationality law is clear: children born to non-citizens in Russia are NOT Russian citizens. The US remains one of the few countries that grants citizenship on the basis on birth.

Bels
29-06-2008, 23:49
Sorry I think you are wrong. Thoose born in a country where they were born have the right to a birth certificate, and that will be their nationality. Now this applies to most countries in the word, and to my knowledge Britain also.

Are you stating that Russia is different to the rest of the world???????

Where a child is born is what its nationalitie is, that means that my son in Russia is Russia, but of course I will always visualise him as British. BUT HE'S RUSSIAN!!!!! And there's no doubt about it, as he was born in Russia, and has a birth certificate to state that fact. And when he returns or should I say go, there will be times he will have to show his Russian birth certificate. YES! He will have a British and Russian passport.

Kartoshka
30-06-2008, 00:09
and to my knowledge Britain also.

Not since 1983. Nowadays you need at least one British parent in order to automatically gain citizenship by being born in Britain.

Bels
30-06-2008, 00:55
You might be right and what a shame in man cases it might be. Has tha child got the right to register its birth in the UK, if it was born there?? What happens when this child grows up and claims it wants to returns to UK, stating that he or she is British born. I take your point, but what a strange world we live in. So no acceptance to birth? his might be a legal battle in the future.