PDA

View Full Version : Experienced teacher for children

djm10us
24-06-2008, 16:08
Experienced teacher for children
Private English Lessons,

Hello, I'm a qualified English teacher looking for new students!

I am 35 years old, American and have been working as a teacher in Moscow for 5 years. I have much experience teaching children.

I am from Minnesota and am a graduate from the University Of Minnesota. I have the qualification of CELTA.

No personal contact details in posts, please use the PM system, Moderator

Resume and references available upon request.

Thank You,
Don

Darya1
04-09-2009, 14:38
Don, have you ever worked with Russian 3-4 y.o. kids?

djm10us
04-09-2009, 16:57
Yes, I have worked with children as young as 2 years old.

I try to make the lessons fun. Of course with very young children we spend much time playing. For example, playing with soft toys and giving voices to them. I also have many simple games.

I try to alternate the time playing and sitting and slowly increase attention span so the children can sit and work more.

birdai
14-10-2009, 00:44
Hello Don!

I am looking for a Native English speaking teacher for my 11 yo son.

Hi is at the beginners level and I'd like to improve his English by interacting (hearing and speaking, may be grammar if it will be need).
We seek a friendly, positive person with experience in teaching (for children 10-15 years).
I am looking for english classes once a week on weekends.

Please, answer me to PM

Thank you.

Natalia

irina volkova
21-10-2009, 11:14
I looking for native english teacher for 8-yers-old-boy.

irina volkova
22-10-2009, 09:57
Hello,Don! I am looking for teacher for my son,once a week on weekend day,for 2 academic hours, in you place. Thank you.Irina.

vanja
02-02-2010, 15:50
Hi! I'm looking for ateacher to teach my son English and to prepare him to entry AAS (June), 2 hours 3-4 times a week. Thank you.

natashaterex
05-03-2010, 12:14
Don,

Would you be available for lessons on the weekends -- midday on both Saturday and Sunday for an hour -- in the center of Moscow? It's for a 5-year-old Russian speaker with some basic knowledge of English.

Bels
05-03-2010, 23:19
Any enquiries from those in the Rublevka area? Western region of Moscow? Please PM me. At your house or at my classroom in Gorki 10. Central Moscow I don't cover, only the Rublevka area.

Freemanster
06-03-2010, 12:20
Any enquiries from those in the Rublevka area? Western region of Moscow? Please PM me. At your house or at my classroom in Gorki 10. Central Moscow I don't cover, only the Rublevka area.

So Bels, you are hijacking other people's threads again!?

As I recall, a few years ago you tried this stunt and I watched as the thread attracted a few hundred responses telling you where to stick your posts. You were happy to apologise at that point, but it looks like you didn't learn anything.

Stop hijacking other people's threads to peddle your dubious services.

Bels
06-03-2010, 23:33

As I recall, a few years ago you tried this stunt and I watched as the thread attracted a few hundred responses telling you where to stick your posts. You were happy to apologise at that point, but it looks like you didn't learn anything.

Stop hijacking other people's threads to peddle your dubious services.

You speak garbage. It is very easy to make a post or athread here. It is not a hijack. It is an enhacement. This person advertising is not from the western region, and I only take on students from the western region.

The hijack comes from you, as you have made an offensive comment. So please, You appoligise in this case. I am certain this person has no desire to travel 50 km west of Moscow. Unless all expenses covered of course,

Now what is your problem?

TD
07-03-2010, 02:01

Hijacking is when a thread is taken from one direction of discussion to another completely off course topic or many different topics in a short period of time.

Bels is simply responding well within the subject matter of this thread.

Any more posts debating this fact will be deleted.

Freemanster
07-03-2010, 12:51
Fair enough, but apart from being within the rules, it just seems rude to divert potential clients unless you indeed asked Don if he doesn't mind.

As for 'enhancing', perhaps you are right. I'll be happy to 'enhance' your advertisements with objective reviews of grammar and language skills - with concrete references to past posts - if that's the way we're going.

Anyway, back on topic (ironically, I confess), I may have a parent/child combination in the city who would require tutoring. I'm not really in this game anymore, so I'll be happy to pass on the details if they confirm.

Can you PM me with your approximate price in case they ask?

Bels
02-05-2010, 23:49
Precisely as the quote has mentioned. And now I wish to to bump up this thread writer's thread by stating that I hope he or she has had many responses, and will continue to have many responses from this thread.

All I can add is that if anyone is in the Rublevka area, western region region of Moscow is interested in having their children taught British English throughout the Summer season , please give me a PM. Because that is my area. and my proven spreciality.

Hijacking is when a thread is taken from one direction of discussion to another completely off course topic or many different topics in a short period of time.

Bels is simply responding well within the subject matter of this thread.

Any more posts debating this fact will be deleted.

yakspeare
02-05-2010, 23:58
i do think Bels displayed poor form and I think it would of been better for him to contact the OP directly and say "hey i come from a different region please send my way....and any for your region i get i will happily pass on" etc.

Bels also made assumptions of what area the person was prepared to cover in justifying why he posted. He ought to have his own thread or contact the OP directly as i said.

VeraB
15-07-2010, 11:37
I have a 6 year old girl. Fully bi-lingual. Live near Patriarshiye Prudu. Looking for English teacher, who would work on reading, writing, grammer skills. Let me know if we can discuss.

Chitaika
09-09-2010, 18:23
Hello, Don!

I am versy interested in your experience. If you are still searching work, plese contact me.I have two groups for children from 3-5 in the children`s center. Natalia

apa70
09-09-2010, 18:59
Hello Don,

I have two kids, 12 and 13, a girl and a boy, girl medium, boy advanced level, one full hour each twice a week, schedule flexible, East of Moscow (Semionovskaya metro). Pls reply if interested.
Regards, Anton

Chitaika
09-09-2010, 19:07
Hello, Don!

If you still looking for a job, please, contact me 8-925-082-36-20. I have 2 groups of small children from 3-7? Natalia

Chitaika
10-09-2010, 15:35
Hello!

I am looking for an English teacher for children from 3-6 y.o. If you don`t have time or opportunity, may be you know someone with the same experience with children whom you can recommend? Thank you in advance!

Newmoscovite
10-09-2010, 20:22
I teach lots of children from infant to undergraduate Please reply if you are intersted

prestige
03-02-2011, 18:03
Hi, we are Russian nanny agency in Moscow. www.prestige-baby.ru. My name is Oxana. We have a lot of vacancies (salary from 2500 pounds and above) of governess (5 days per week) and of a tutor with a few hours per day, 2-3 days per week (15 pounds per hour and above). We are looking for English, French, German native speakers. If you or your friends are interested in it, write to prestigeinmoscow@gmail.com.