PDA

View Full Version : Work Visa for a teacher

Lauren Dyer
24-06-2008, 02:36
I signed a contract with Ptit Cref early May. They are now working on a invitation letter to get me over there. I have heard some strange things, Like you have to come back every 3 months and stay in the USA for three months. That a work visa takes 9 months to get. I know this visa is supposed to be good for a year. When it comes down to it I don't know how much it will cost what paperwork I need. Can someone please give me the run down on the work visa thing, or tell me the experiences and problems they have had?

J.D.
24-06-2008, 04:39
P'tit CREF is a very legitimate school and you can be sure that everything about your visa will be correct. You will not have to leave every 90 days but you will be able to come and go as many times as you like.
A teacher's visa is a very nice and convenient visa to have here.

kapione
13-07-2008, 17:00
I signed a contract with Ptit Cref early May. They are now working on a invitation letter to get me over there. I have heard some strange things, Like you have to come back every 3 months and stay in the USA for three months. That a work visa takes 9 months to get. I know this visa is supposed to be good for a year. When it comes down to it I don't know how much it will cost what paperwork I need. Can someone please give me the run down on the work visa thing, or tell me the experiences and problems they have had?

the truth is that school if they really want you to work for them they would do complete Visa support, becareful most schools then will try to give you a salary below what you need to survive here in Moscow.

if you are still in the USA I recommend gotorussia.com they are in Atlanta and S.F. they also have great travel rates.....
get your invitation..... Work Permit Visas are another thing , your school should issue this if not they are beaking the law along with you, do you really need trouble ?
there are plenty of schools here that do help with these documents, do your homework

good luck

J.D.
13-07-2008, 20:20
Talk about doing your homework.
You tell her that she needs a work visa and in the same breath send her somewhere that can't give her a work visa. You also imply that P'tit cref doesn't give full visa support. The visa process is complicated enough without your babel.
I have no financial interest in this school but I know a lot of the teachers there and they all have legitimate work visas, with full visa support. Lauren if you have any doubts I suggest you call the director and ask to speak to current and former teachers.

Bels
13-07-2008, 20:41
You tell her that she needs a work visa and in the same breath send her somewhere that can't give her a work visa. You also imply that P'tit cref doesn't give full visa support. The visa process is complicated enough without your babel.
I have no financial interest in this school but I know a lot of the teachers there and they all have legitimate work visas, with full visa support. Lauren if you have any doubts I suggest you call the director and ask to speak to current and former teachers.

Agreed, and I'm not sticking up fo the school as I've never heard of them. But you do need the invitation from the school. And waytorussia would be the last place on earth that I would recommend anybody to go for anything.

Bels
13-07-2008, 20:45
As a matter of interest how much do they offer, and what's their package like. As you will need frre flight, health cover, visa costs covered, and of course your own flat close to where you work.

kapione
14-07-2008, 11:00

what did you add but an opinion ? NOTHING !!!! give specifics or keep your piehole shut

J.D.
14-07-2008, 11:01
You're right. It was already obvious that you are an idiot.