PDA

View Full Version : Somebody open Hooters Restaurant in Moscow!

MDW
26-05-2004, 16:23
Ple-e-ease!...

Poika
26-05-2004, 16:26
http://www.hootersair.com

jheisel
26-05-2004, 16:49
I think the idea is that Gooters (http://www.rosinter.ru/Conceptions/Santa_fe/Gooters) is supposed to be the same general concept...

Ghost
26-05-2004, 21:42
What the hell is a Gooter?

I've thought about opening a Hooters rest. before. I could probably be talked into forking over some capital if someone had a nice business plan for it.

I used to LOVE their food.

Poika
27-05-2004, 10:34
Originally posted by Ghost
I used to LOVE their food.

I used to LOVE their girls!

jheisel
27-05-2004, 12:32
Ghost -- Russian language has the habit of converting H sounds to G sounds...this my theory is that Rosinter couldn't get the franchise for Hooter's so they just changed the H to G, modified the logo slightly, etc.

Ghost
27-05-2004, 12:36
Is there a Gooters somewhere in Moscow? Same theme? Same type of women and food?

jheisel
27-05-2004, 12:50
To reiterate my original post, click here - http://www.rosinter.ru/Conceptions/Santa_fe/Gooters

GreatArcticBear
27-05-2004, 12:56
Are you 100% sure that this Gooters uses the same concept? I have no idea - I don't know why, but I have not been over to Santa Fe in over 4 years.

jheisel
27-05-2004, 12:57
The logo is quite similar, waitress in tight top, etc. Not quite the same as Hooters, but similar enough for me...

GreatArcticBear
27-05-2004, 13:02
I thought the Hooters girls were topless! Then again, I have spent about four weeks in the US since I emigrated in 1992, and have therefore not had a chance to visit Hooter's. Heck, I've only been to Starschmucks once, and I have never been to a Wal-Mart Super Center (and will probably not visit one until they open in Moscow)!

psiems
27-05-2004, 16:26
What about Taco Bell in Moscow?

GreatArcticBear
27-05-2004, 16:29
Taco Bell? Have you tried Pizza Hut and Kentucky Fried Chicken here (same franchisor)? We do not need any more inferior versions of inferior US so-called favorites ;).

psiems
27-05-2004, 16:32
I think Taco Bell would make a killing here!

GreatArcticBear
27-05-2004, 17:08
Only if they got the right franchisee. The incompetents who mishandle Pizza Hut and KFC are not the right people for the job.

Big I
28-05-2004, 13:02
You can see something similar to tacobell in the subway on Biblioteka Imeni Lenina or Arbatskaya...

The Rosinter's Gooters is not the same as Hooters at all if you look at the menu...

DPG
28-05-2004, 13:42
Originally posted by Big I
You can see something similar to tacobell in the subway on Biblioteka Imeni Lenina or Arbatskaya...

I've never experienced Taco Bell, but can however guess what it is by the name. I don't think that the place to which you refer sells tacos, but more importantly, if you eat anything from there, you will have gangrene within 3 hours, Ebola virus within 5 hours and be dead by morning...

GreatArcticBear
28-05-2004, 13:47
Do you mean the burritos sold at the Metro Express? That is remotely related to Taco Bell, but the burritos are fecal in quality, and the selection is small.

DanteHall
28-05-2004, 13:53
Gooters = bad food, clueless service, and sports programming that features whatever Sport and Eurosport are airing. And good luck trying to request a channel at a specific time/place.

Last visit 6 mos ago indicated that this place might be "transitioned" into something new.

So, for my 2 kopecks, to mention Gooters in the same sentence as Hooters does a great disservice to the latter....

pengwn9
28-05-2004, 17:03
Taco Bell?

Hell no! What we need is Taco Bueno. Taco Bueno! Taco Bueno!

Nothing on the menu over 2 bucks. Killer refried beans. Big juicy burritos. Homemade salsa and all the pico de gallo you can eat. Tomatillo sauce. It's a booming franchise in north Texas with the best cheapo Mexican fast food in the world. Hot sauce is hot! Bottomless bowl of jalepenos.

Just thinking about it makes me wanna cry. Somebody pleeease bring Taco Bueno to Moscow. I'll keep it in business all by myself.
Tacos EVERY DAY!!!!!

Big I
03-06-2004, 12:42
Ok, for those who like the hot Mexican stuff - there's a great place on Tverskaya called "La Cantina". You'll find in the Yermolova theater building right where Intourist hotel stood... GREAT FOOD, GREAT MUSIC!

Zephyr
25-06-2004, 11:53
Originally posted by pengwn9
Taco Bell?

Hell no! What we need is Taco Bueno. Taco Bueno! Taco Bueno!

Nothing on the menu over 2 bucks. Killer refried beans. Big juicy burritos. Homemade salsa and all the pico de gallo you can eat. Tomatillo sauce. It's a booming franchise in north Texas with the best cheapo Mexican fast food in the world. Hot sauce is hot! Bottomless bowl of jalepenos.

Just thinking about it makes me wanna cry. Somebody pleeease bring Taco Bueno to Moscow. I'll keep it in business all by myself.
Tacos EVERY DAY!!!!!
If you like that come to California! There's a taqueria (or some such thing )on every corner up and down the state, and two inbetween. I'd gladly trade you places and eat Borscht for the duration.

pengwn9
25-06-2004, 14:54
Oh yeah, I've seen those 'California taco' places. Fish and cabbage for crissake in a gyro. Fat-free black beans.

I wouldn't eat that stuff if they were giving it away for free.

Zephyr
25-06-2004, 18:40
Originally posted by pengwn9
Oh yeah, I've seen those 'California taco' places. Fish and cabbage for crissake in a gyro. Fat-free black beans.

I wouldn't eat that stuff if they were giving it away for free.
I beg your pardon, according to current statictics on the subject, there are more Mexicans in California that in Texas at this point in time. The stuff that they make is hardly the "California Cuisine" that you referred to. In addition you can have the Texano crap too.

agent_alice
25-06-2004, 21:50
last time i went to taco bell i didn't feel that great in the morning