PDA

View Full Version : shermetyevo express

cdrive
20-06-2008, 16:44
I read the 30-minute shermetevo express from savolovskaya station had started according to this article:

Russia Blog: Finally! Sheremetyevo Gets Connected to Downtown Moscow via High-Speed Rail (http://www.russiablog.org/2008/06/finally_sheremtyevo_gets_conne.php)

However, I don't have more info, is there a website or someone who has already traveled through it?

MissAnnElk
20-06-2008, 16:46
I read the 30-minute shermetevo express from savolovskaya station had started according to this article:

Russia Blog: Finally! Sheremetyevo Gets Connected to Downtown Moscow via High-Speed Rail (http://www.russiablog.org/2008/06/finally_sheremtyevo_gets_conne.php)

However, I don't have more info, is there a website or someone who has already traveled through it?

Remind me on Sunday. I know someone who is will return from a trip then and will come back into town via the new train.

cdrive
20-06-2008, 16:52
ok got it:

ΐύπξύκροπερρ (http://www.artngroup.ru/aeroexpress/)

Katrine L
20-06-2008, 17:41
I have not really understood if it is really a direct connection now from Savelovsky station to Sheremetyevo 2 or just till Lobnya station and there you need to change for shuttle to get the airport (Terminal 2)?

kristian_lie
20-06-2008, 18:22
It's direct. Could have more departures though. Oslo Airport Express depart every 10 minutes. Not bad for a city with only half a million :plane:

antro
25-06-2008, 19:30
A collegue of mine tried last weekend. She was very satisfied. The trains stops just outside the car check-in and there is a covered walking link ( a sort of tunnel ) directly to the main hall

Shaun
25-06-2008, 21:57
yeah i used it couple of weeks ago. about 400 times quicker and easier than the car journey.

Judge
25-06-2008, 22:13
yeah i used it couple of weeks ago. about 400 times quicker and easier than the car journey.

And must be cheaper than a taxi back to Moscow...:beerbros:

Miracle77777
26-06-2008, 00:05
And must be cheaper than a taxi back to Moscow...:beerbros:

This for sure.....:)

I felt so sorry about some new persons, who comes to Moscow for the first time and need to pay thousands to driver for getting home....:9437:.....:)

Miracle77777
26-06-2008, 00:10

Thanks so much, Cdrive:mml:

You cheered me up with this announcement....as I have no time now for checking news....and this was a shock for me...but a good one...))
Finally - decent and affordable way to reach Sheremetyevo....and we are closer to the Europe style now....:)

Cannot wait to try new train....:p

Katrine L
26-06-2008, 03:27
Have not been at Sheremetyevo for a while. And these news have been shocking some way for me too! Could hardly believe that this is truth and you can reach Sheremetyevo directly from railway station!! Yuop! :11629::agree:

electrokitchen
30-07-2008, 07:45
I've been to Sheremetyevo three days ago. The ticket for aeroexpress is 250 rub one way, train departs every hour, and the jurney lasts for half an hour. You can check-in on Savelovskaya, on the train station. So no need to carry your luggage in the train. :)

trebor
30-07-2008, 08:51
While i think it's great that there is now a direct link to the airport the schedule seems a little strange.
I shall definately give it a go next time i'm comming to Moscow.

Sheremetyevo Airport — Moscow (Savyolovsky Railway Station)
Depart 10:10
The next train departs 12:55

That's no train for 2h 45m.
Am i missing something? What's that all about?

electrokitchen
30-07-2008, 09:10
While i think it's great that there is now a direct link to the airport the schedule seems a little strange.

Yes, that's really stupid.

kirk10071
30-07-2008, 10:41
Yes, that's really stupid.

There is a three hour no-train zone in the schedule going TO the airport, also.

It's a shock if you get in your head that they leave every hour. I arrived at the train platform at the airport at around 10:45 one Sunday morning having just spent all night on a long flight. THEN I realized that the next train was not until almost 1 pm. I went back into the airport and negotiated with one of those taxi swarmers to get home. 1500 rur, which isn't a bad price from one of them. The bidding starts at 3000.

The train is better than nothing, and it WILL get you there if the time is right for you, but it's not a complete solution. There is STILL a market for taxis to/from the airport and you should check carefully whether the train will actually work for you given your flight times.

I note that very early in the morning, and very late in the evening, when no one is flying, the trains are more frequent.

AndreyS
30-07-2008, 10:51

No, you understand correctly. That's our Russian attitude to customers.
Really irritating. It could take not years but decades to put it right.

The best idea is to forget about this RED (also irritating) train and use another transport.
Btw, when this train goes empty (or almost empty) it doesn't bother railway administration. I live near the railway staition Beskudnikovo and see it)

trebor
30-07-2008, 10:59
I was checking the schedule again and it seems that after the 12:55 train from the airport to the center there's a 13:20 train. That seems okay.
Then there's not another train until 15:00. Another wait of 1h 40m
Are there less flights (arrivals/departures) at this time of the day?

AndreyS
30-07-2008, 11:07
I was checking the schedule again and it seems that after the 12:55 train from the airport to the center there's a 13:20 train. That seems okay.
Then there's not another train until 15:00. Another wait of 1h 40m
Are there less flights (arrivals/departures) at this time of the day?

See my idea above. ;-)

I ve lived here in Moscow for 30 years since 1978). And they always explain this gap 1 h 40 m or so by the neccesity of time to check and repair railways... As if somewhere abroad there is no repair work conducted without such gaps.

trebor
30-07-2008, 11:22
See my idea above. ;-)

I ve lived here in Moscow for 30 years since 1978). And they always explain this gap 1 h 40 m or so by the neccesity of time to check and repair railways... As if somewhere abroad there is no repair work conducted without such gaps.

I hear you. But i like to give the benefit of the doubt. Maybe there is a reasonable explanation.
I do however lean towards your point of view. I lived in Russia for 8 years and know the mentality well.

Can i take a train to the center? HET!

Bit like the supermarkets that close one day a month for cleaning, always seemed to be the day i wanted something.
I had an argument with a Russian friend about how they never close in the UK.
"they never clean them then?" he asked? :rolleyes:

AndreyS
30-07-2008, 11:42
I hear you. But i like to give the benefit of the doubt. Maybe there is a reasonable explanation.
I do however lean towards your point of view. I lived in Russia for 8 years and know the mentality well.

Can i take a train to the center? HET!

Bit like the supermarkets that close one day a month for cleaning, always seemed to be the day i wanted something.
I had an argument with a Russian friend about how they never close in the UK.
"they never clean them then?" he asked? :rolleyes:

I ve lived here for 46 y. And moreover was born here. A lot of stupid regulations here, only time will correct the situation. I think it will take decades. The process of improvement is underway and we see it going, but it's very slow.
WE get used to it and no doubt if you ask smb in the street about 2 h gaps in the train timetable, they will very confidently explain this to you like I did above. ;-) BECAUSE RAILWAYS NEED REPAIR! ;-)
An issue of mentality, I think.

electrokitchen
06-08-2008, 13:33
From Savyelovski directly to Sheremetyevo.

I have not really understood if it is really a direct connection now from Savelovsky station to Sheremetyevo 2 or just till Lobnya station and there you need to change for shuttle to get the airport (Terminal 2)?
Hemp Sandal (http://www.fashionorganic.cn/)

myusername
06-08-2008, 20:09
Come on, it's not really that we get used to it, it is just that there's no point complaining, no one cares or listens. Things change slowly though - there was no this red train before.. but i agree, the schedule is ridiculous

WE get used to it and no doubt if you ask smb in the street about 2 h gaps in the train timetable, they will very confidently explain this to you like I did above. ;-) BECAUSE RAILWAYS NEED REPAIR! ;-)
An issue of mentality, I think.