PDA

View Full Version : Recommend bars near Oktyabrskoye Pole?

Ruishanko
17-06-2008, 20:11
Hi

Been in Moscow about 4 years; was very much inside the garden ring, but now moved closer to the office...

Nearest metro is Oktyabrskoye Pole on the NW part of Tagansko-Krasnopresnenskaya Line.

Can anyone recommend any good beer bars near here? I checked the Moscow Times GO! website, that used to list places by metro station, but it seems they have updated their site, and this feature is now (sadly) missing.

Any pointers gratefully received :)

Cheers

Andy B
18-06-2008, 05:36
There is a bar call O'Clearies a few mins walk from the metro there (don't know the exact adress but it is on the main road).

Only been in there early evening but it seemed OK, food was basic (burgers etc) but OK and the place seemed friendly enough.

kapione
18-06-2008, 07:57
you are close to the center why not Metro down to Pushkinskaya area ? Or when u have time walk around your area and explore ...your Metro is a nice area ...good luck, let us know what u find and share

Ruishanko
18-06-2008, 08:08
you are close to the center why not Metro down to Pushkinskaya area ? Or when u have time walk around your area and explore ...your Metro is a nice area ...good luck, let us know what u find and share

Hi

After 4 years here (and much nearer the centre) have done the usuals to death (Old Rosies (new one has the atmos of a hospital), Silvers, Scandinavia, John Bull, Molly Gwynnes etc. Just looking for a 'local' that I can pop into easily now and then near the new apartment...

I'm off to check it out tonight, so I will certianly let you know what I think.

Cheers

Ada
18-06-2008, 10:51
Hi
3rd floor of 5th Avenue shopping center - Kolbasoff... not bad at all to have a beer
Here is info on all restaurants in our area:
Eng.Menu.Ru - Eng.Menu.Ru (http://eng.menu.ru/transformer/action__search/type__property/property__141.html)
Enjoy :)

Ruishanko
18-06-2008, 12:43
Eng.Menu.Ru - Eng.Menu.Ru (http://eng.menu.ru/transformer/action__search/type__property/property__141.html)
Enjoy :)

Thanks for that. I'll be testing some out in the next weeks, while I'm without my family here :o)

Ruishanko
19-06-2008, 16:05
Best laid plans, and all that...

In the end my colleague wanted to meet in Sokol, so we ended up on the Guinness in Churchills Pub instead.

As you probably know - nothing very special, but nothing to complain about either.

The Oktyabrskoye Pole bars might get a tickle this weekend...

Thanks again for your comments.

Cheers