PDA

View Full Version : Invitation Refused

mjf37
16-06-2008, 21:38
I was just told by my tourist agency that my business visa was refused by the authorities. The lady at the tourist office told me shed never experienced that in 1.5 years. No explanation, nothing. Anybody got any advice, possible explanations? Or is it just the tourist agency refusing to send it to me by DHS because they were not able to deliver the invitation on time (according to order) and therefore are responsible for covering the costs. Seeing I ve already paid for it I assume its easier/cheaper for them just not to send it and claim its been refused. Well, bit annoying anyway since i ve paid for 3 months of stay in Russia and cant go.

is there even any point applying for a different visa or are my details saved in the Database and they will refuse all attempts of me to get a visa?

traveller
16-06-2008, 22:09
You should report here the name of the travel agency so others can avoid using them. They should return your money.

mjf37
16-06-2008, 22:36
The company is Express to Russia, biut they cant have a bad reputation, and the woman generally seems very helpful. But the authorities just found some kind of reason to refuse me the invitation. Dont ask me why.

traveller
16-06-2008, 23:05
Anyway Express to Russia has to return your money because they don't have the same fees if the invitation is refused.

mjf37
16-06-2008, 23:48
Returning the fee is the slightest problem. The fact that I cant go and probably cant get another visa right now is much more of a problem. How do you considering my chances of getting a visa if I apply through a different company? I assume the authorities have black listed me for some reason and that applying for another one wont change anything?

traveller
17-06-2008, 00:03
What reason can you think of? Did you fail to register before? When was the last time you visited Russia?

mjf37
17-06-2008, 00:24
No, no problems with registration, no problems at all. Left only a week ago. The visa is for the end of June. I have heard that applying for two business visas after an other can cause problems, but I by no means maxed out my last visa, left almost 2 weeks early.

mjf37
17-06-2008, 20:28
Anybody got any advise on whether there is any point applying for a different invitation or are my details saved in the Database and they will refuse all attempts of me to get a new invitation?

Bels
17-06-2008, 20:41
Anybody got any advise on whether there is any point applying for a different invitation or are my details saved in the Database and they will refuse all attempts of me to get a new invitation?

Normally when an invitation has been refused , it has been due to an error your agent has made. Name spelling that doesn't match , etc, etc. Contact Liga Consultants, as I and many others on this forum has had no problems with them.

An alternative is to get a personal invitation from a Russian friend. Girlfriend or boyfriend for example.

Bels
17-06-2008, 20:48
Talk to Vadim at Liga Consultants, as I'm certain he will solve your problem.

mjf37
19-06-2008, 08:39
Well the problem with trying another consultant now is that I fear that by applying for another invitation while my other one is still in process (they requested to go over my documents again - which sounds like refusing it in Russia since I have no clue when they are going to decide) I will make the authroities even more suspicious of my name than they apparently already are. If they suddently see that I have just crossed the border on a tourist visa, as well as applying for another business visa through a different consultant (and therefore a different inviting company) they are almost certain to refuse it. Or am I overestimating the ability of the Russian authorities to keep track of immigration? (Or do would they just not care?)

SalTheReturn
19-06-2008, 11:32
sorry but if you see no reason why your visa can be refused, i agree with Bels: must be yr agent who messed up all deal

Bels
19-06-2008, 19:51
Well the problem with trying another consultant now is that I fear that by applying for another invitation while my other one is still in process (they requested to go over my documents again - which sounds like refusing it in Russia since I have no clue when they are going to decide) I will make the authroities even more suspicious of my name than they apparently already are. If they suddently see that I have just crossed the border on a tourist visa, as well as applying for another business visa through a different consultant (and therefore a different inviting company) they are almost certain to refuse it. Or am I overestimating the ability of the Russian authorities to keep track of immigration? (Or do would they just not care?)

I still think you should at least phone Liga Consultants, and see what Vadim has to say. Having documents that do not verify each other sounds like a mistake has been made. At least speak to another professional.

mjf37
21-06-2008, 16:22
Well, they kind of have a reason if I remember the 90/180 days rule correctly. I was studying in Russia last semester and intended to come home for 2 weeks before going back on my new visa.

I will phone Liga on monday.

However since nobody answered my question on the immigration departments ability of tracking visa applications I assume nobody knows the answer. Will they find out if I apply for another business invitation through a different agency?

Bels
21-06-2008, 17:21
Well, they kind of have a reason if I remember the 90/180 days rule correctly. I was studying in Russia last semester and intended to come home for 2 weeks before going back on my new visa.

However since nobody answered my question on the immigration departments ability of tracking visa applications I assume nobody knows the answer. Will they find out if I apply for another business invitation through a different agency?

You are likely to be advised to cancel the original application, and go for another one. But my guess is that why nobody is specifically answering your question is that nobody has ever experienced a refusal, or at least not been given a specific reason of what the problem is. Therefore I am wary of the agent you used. I'd ove to hear how you got on with Liga. So far posters who have reported back here from an answer from Vadim have been satisfied.

svelt
23-06-2008, 13:16
you asked for the names of the issuing invitation agencies that got refused well here is one.

beware ANDREWS TRAVEL that long standing company used by many expats. i went to london in november for a multi and london embassy refused it. i had to buy a tourist visa to get home and feed my cat
returned to london 3 weeks later to get a multi arranged by anyvisa in london.. all extremely expensive. estimate like 2000 usd for this little farce.

so although i have used andrews for more than 10 years i now say
AVOID ANDREWS TRAVEL or pay dearly.

next time it will be liga for sure.

Sumarokov-Elston
23-06-2008, 20:23
Is the only way to contact Vadim by telephone? Is there no e-mail address?

w.meijerink
23-06-2008, 21:18

The answer is very simple, not every visa/invitation will be checkt , but be careful when one visa is blockt and you get a visa from a visa-company.
On the border they can send you back, like me for two years ago.

Bels
23-06-2008, 21:21
8-499-978-924 is new best number for Vadim, Liga Consultants. I'll be back with the website which will have the e-mail address. For the moment I don't remember, as I haven't needed him since having my residency.

Bels
24-06-2008, 18:29
Try this; Liga Consulting liga.consulting@gmail.com

Разместил: Алексей
Страна: Украина
Тел/Факс: 75339
E-mail: liga.consulting@gmail.com
Web-сайт: Недвижимость в Чернигове. База данных (http://www.liga-consulting.com.ua/index.php)
рубрика: Разное

Bels
24-06-2008, 18:34
Sorry ignore the website and the email, they are real estates, or estate agent, and not liga consultant of whom we know. The telephone number is ok though, and I've used it.

Liga consultants seems difficult to search for, in regards to website and email.

lela
24-06-2008, 22:34
I believe their email is:
liga@vniikomg.ru

mjf37
27-06-2008, 19:03
Update: My visa invitation finally arrived after two additional weeks of waiting and I managed to get a visa.

Bels
27-06-2008, 21:33
Can we call this good news. Of course it's progress, and the Russian way, although slowly, it's still progress. It deserves the firewrorks, and congratulations, as I am and many others here are fully aware of what you have been through. Congratulations!! :)

:fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:

:fireworks: :fireworks: