PDA

View Full Version : Why Disney made a big mistake...

kak
24-05-2004, 12:34
...because The Palme d'Or of this 57th edition of the Festival de Cannes was presented by Charlize Theron to Michael Moore for his film, Fahrenheit 9/11.
;)

kak
24-05-2004, 15:02
the 57th Festival de Cannes Awards are here
http://www.festival-cannes.fr/index.php?langue=6002

rantandrave
24-05-2004, 15:40
i particularly like his acceptance speech, when he announced that the film had a distributor in albania and said, "Now every country in the world can see this film. Except for one."

Midas
24-05-2004, 15:42
"Except for one." you mean Burundi, right?

kak
24-05-2004, 15:44
;)

rantandrave
24-05-2004, 15:44
Well, I think he probably meant the US, since he still doesn't have a distributor there, thanks to Disney's (and other company's) self-censorship of anything anti-Bush.

kak
24-05-2004, 15:46
Rantandrave i think Midas knew it, he was only kidding ;)

Midas
24-05-2004, 16:36
Originally posted by kakrout
Rantandrave i think Midas knew it, he was only kidding ;) Kakrout. no. the this revelation came as a shock to me :)

kak
24-05-2004, 17:11
nah i still do not believe you ;)

Zephyr
26-05-2004, 03:51
When even a fellow Zhid calls him a liar he has indeed become major league.
http://film.guardian.co.uk/interview/interviewpages/0,6737,1222497,00.html

Fa-Q!
26-05-2004, 18:42
What's up with the Rebel flag, peckerwood?:getlost:

Zephyr
26-05-2004, 19:37
Fa-Q Well I would try to explain the significance historically but I think that not only would be off thread but far to lengthy for this forum.Not that you would be interested in historical accuracy if it interfered with your political correctness.
However I can reduce it to some bumber sticker size explainations for you:
This flag stands for courage defiance and the willingness to fight against overwhelming odds.....or more simply put for your ebonic mentality:
If you don't like my flag you can kiss my rebel a**

Filimon
26-05-2004, 19:51
Originally posted by Zephyr
When even a fellow Zhid calls him a liar he has indeed become major league.
http://film.guardian.co.uk/interview/interviewpages/0,6737,1222497,00.html

Had there not been any articles like this, I would have never believed he was genuine. "Too good to be true" would work a treat then. Since not everything is good, as the article suggests, it just proves he is human and has his flaws.

If GW wants to use prejudicial opinions to carry out his "programme", he should be prepared for the same to be done to him.

I especially liked the money spin in the article: "Moore's in it for the money, not for the good of the world!" Of course, how come we didn't think of it before! He is a greedy bastard, he makes the movies to get rich! Disney on the other hand...

Ingenious, really. The best way to win over your critic's support? Tell them your critic is just like you!

Zephyr
26-05-2004, 22:15
I agree absolutely.....I must say that "Disney" is very different from when the man who was named Disney ran that company.
Originally posted by Filimon
Had there not been any articles like this, I would have never believed he was genuine. "Too good to be true" would work a treat then. Since not everything is good, as the article suggests, it just proves he is human and has his flaws.

If GW wants to use prejudicial opinions to carry out his "programme", he should be prepared for the same to be done to him.

I especially liked the money spin in the article: "Moore's in it for the money, not for the good of the world!" Of course, how come we didn't think of it before! He is a greedy bastard, he makes the movies to get rich! Disney on the other hand...

Ingenious, really. The best way to win over your critic's support? Tell them your critic is just like you!

Filimon
26-05-2004, 22:40
I agree absolutely.....I must say that "Disney" is very different from when the man who was named Disney ran that company.

Coudn't be closer to the truth. Dear old Walter must be spinning in his grave at a speed of an Indesit washing machine drum

Ned Kelly
26-05-2004, 22:41
Fa-Q Well I would try to explain the significance historically but I think that not only would be off thread but far to lengthy for this forum.Not that you would be interested in historical accuracy if it interfered with your political correctness.
However I can reduce it to some bumber sticker size explainations for you:
This flag stands for courage defiance and the willingness to fight against overwhelming odds.....or more simply put for your ebonic mentality:
If you don't like my flag you can kiss my rebel a**

Zephyr

As a non-American I don't want to buy into your debates too much and in fact my two closest American friends in Moscow are Southerners and defenders of the realm and more entertaining than any Yankee I've come across.

But...have a read of this, which at the end of the day is what that flag represents, and see what you think (you might need to register but it costs nothing). Normally I think their journalists have carrots up their arses but this is powerful stuff.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A55650-2004May25.html

Zephyr
27-05-2004, 04:27
Well I posted a reply but I was not permitted to do it
Many many Blacks fought in the war between the states on the Confederate side.So if you think this was the point of the so Called Civil war you are not alone.However you are mistaken,

Zephyr
27-05-2004, 04:29
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig2/lincoln-arch.html
For your enlightenment and reading pleasure
It was NOT about Slavery

Ned Kelly
27-05-2004, 07:30
I'll read it a bit later (have to work now). I know it was more complex than just slavery but it was not about Jeffersonian principles either.

Zephyr
27-05-2004, 07:47
It was about freedom, simple.

Ned Kelly
27-05-2004, 07:54
Well, I could get all intellectual on you and say it was one of the few examples of the Marxist theory of industrialised societies dispensing with feudal ones playing out in real life, but I'll try not to....:p

Ian Smith tagged himself a Freedom Fighter in Rhodesia as he sought freedom for about 2% of the population and shit for the other 98%. It's all relative, really.

(I do promise to read your article when I have some time as I find the South/Civil War a pretty fascinating topic.)

Nagant Guy
27-05-2004, 18:04
Ned, a little more reading for your enlightenment about the noble southern cause.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/scruggs4.html