PDA

View Full Version : Gallery

DTS
23-05-2004, 23:43
I'd like to suggest creating a Photo Gallery on the site.

Last Friday Cyclby took pictures at the expat meeting and I suppose he's neither the first nor the last one to do it.

In the gallery anyone could post pics not only from Friday nights but also any other interesting pics of themselves or which they took while travelling.

I hope Cyclby doesn't mind posting the pics he took on the site.

I'm not sure whether the pics will attract or scare away new comers :)... but I think it would be fun for those who visit these meetings to see them.

Alethea
24-05-2004, 00:03
Originally posted by DJ Biscuit 21-01-2004
How about a photo gallery where members can put their own photos up? It would be fun to see who is behind some of the wittier and more bizzare posts. Ppl never look like you expect them to from what they write, it may be amusing.

Someone already asked for a bit of exhibitionism;)

trebor
24-05-2004, 00:20
A travel forum would be good.
Place your pictures and an account of your experiences in the POST SUBJECT your destination. ie Thailand, Prague etc. So if someone was interested in going somewhere they could easily find a relevant thread.
But please make the pics. intersting. Not, here's me outside the hotel and oh, here's another one of me on the beach, stuff.
Anyone else agree?

DTS
24-05-2004, 00:22
Someone already asked for a bit of exhibitionism
:shame:
didn't see it..

why hasn't it been made yet??

Alethea
24-05-2004, 00:24
Originally posted by DTS
:shame:
didn't see it..

why hasn't it been made yet??

Probably people are being shy... I honestly don't know

Ghost
24-05-2004, 15:54
I have plenty of webspace if people want to host pictures of Friday nights there. I just don't know HTML all that well.

I also have a website of photos I've taken from various places I've visited - here (http://www.planetscape.org) if you're interested.

britmikh
24-05-2004, 16:00
Originally posted by Ghost
I have plenty of webspace if people want to host pictures of Friday nights there. I just don't know HTML all that well.

I also have a website of photos I've taken from various places I've visited - here (http://www.planetscape.org) if you're interested.

Nice! I am into photography myself. Love the Moscow pics. some really good shots there Ghost.:thumbsup:

trebor
24-05-2004, 16:05
Second that Ghost.
Might be a nice idea to get something going along those lines on Expat.ru With perhaps an informative account of the trip attached.
Build up a data base of destinations visited by members and people could PM for further info if they were interested in any of the destinations.

Alethea
24-05-2004, 16:08
I'm amazed at what I have done! um hmm....I think this one is related to travel... at least it's a chest where my older one (who is still very young) hides his treasures and the letters he wrote to Captain Flint:)

Ghost
24-05-2004, 16:08
Originally posted by britmikh
Nice! I am into photography myself. Love the Moscow pics. some really good shots there Ghost.:thumbsup:

Most of my photography experience prior was with subjects/models. It's a different type of play with scenery.

britmikh
24-05-2004, 16:12
Originally posted by Ghost
Most of my photography experience prior was with subjects/models. It's a different type of play with scenery.

But you did great there! Some of those shots are stunning!

Ghost
24-05-2004, 16:15
My humble thanks :)

kak
24-05-2004, 21:03
Ghost you were the photograph but who made the site?
btw, if ghost got a lot of webspace, i offer to create the website ;)

DTS
24-05-2004, 22:29
What do we need to create a gallery??

cyclby
24-05-2004, 22:40
I have appointed myself "pain in the ass with a camera" unless someone else wants the title. I had a few problems with my new camera and data disc Friday (after my old camera was stolen) but I am through the learning curve. Everything is edited and ready to go.
I am working with TD to get these posted in the nearest future.
Regards
C
Maybe we should withold access to the picture gallery to those who will not join us?

DTS
24-05-2004, 22:44
Great news! :D :D :D

Alethea
24-05-2004, 22:47
Originally posted by cyclby
Maybe we should withold access to the picture gallery to those who will not join us?

cyclby,

it's sensible thing to do. in fact, there are probably 2000 guests who browse forums daily yet never post . Personally, I would feel uncomfortable if i knew that my pictures were exposed to total strangers.

so maybe it's perfectly right to give an access to the gallery to those members only who are willing to post their pictures.

but you also should consider that some people could post ANY pictures , not their own.

DTS
24-05-2004, 22:52
Originally posted by Alethea
cyclby,

it's sensible thing to do. in fact, there are probably 2000 guests who browse forums daily yet never post . Personally, I would feel uncomfortable if i knew that my pictures were exposed to total strangers.

so maybe it's perfectly right to give an access to the gallery to those members only who are willing to post their pictures.

but you also should consider that some people could post ANY pictures , not their own.
I think he meant those who wouldn't join us at meetings.... although I'm not sure

Alethea
24-05-2004, 22:55
Yes, he might have.:)

Ghost
25-05-2004, 10:56
Originally posted by cyclby

Though I'm inclined to agree, two problems with this:

1. It will be impossible to restrict access, as the word would eventually get out.

2. Preventing them from seeing the pictures is just as bad as those who do not join. I say lead by example.

cyclby
25-05-2004, 11:27
I agree, it would be real hard to keep the "riff raff" out of which I may be one myself.

My failure rate for leading by example has to be a solid 90% or better but I am always willing to test my faith once again. :-))
C

cyclby
25-05-2004, 11:30
cyclby,

My Dear Alethea,
Despite my best efforts you are still a stranger to me as well!
C

Alethea
25-05-2004, 12:05
dear stranger:)

I'm not into scaring people off by my ugly pics. Friends a sort of got used to my rather average appearance, but those who don't know me could be fairly scandalized:)

DPG
27-05-2004, 19:29

Don't be ridiculous...No one in their right mind would do that...

DTS
27-05-2004, 19:32
wow! is it you??;)

DPG
27-05-2004, 19:36
As I said, no one in their right mind....:D

DTS
27-05-2004, 21:23
1) that's not the gallery yet :)

2) I don't know the state of your mind :D

DTS
02-06-2004, 18:09
hey! why doesn't anything happen??
am I too impatient or was the idea of the gallery given up again??

or maybe I missed something??:suspect:

cyclby
03-06-2004, 16:26
DPG,
My dear friend, YOU are one Butt ugly son of a gun with guts of steel to post your picture like that. I trust that most people well understand that this is a joke and that you are really a much better looking guy than your picture would lead us to believe.
C