PDA

View Full Version : superstitious and need help

Ned Kelly
23-05-2004, 20:17
i hate numbers with 13 in them. i'm scared to death of them, and my no. of posts has, or is about to, hit 1,300. would a moderator mind winding it back or forward to avoid that? i'd be really greatful, thanks.

lucytupper
23-05-2004, 20:35
The number THIRTEEN is considered unlucky now. But it has not always been like that.

In ancient times our ancestors watched the skies. They evaluated all situations with the elements in mind.

They knew that there are THIRTEEN full moons in a calendar year. They associated the moon with woman, who also has THIRTEEN monthly cycles in a year.

This number was revered and was not considered unlucky at all.

Then along came organised religion and the 'old gods' became the 'new devils.' So it was deemed that THIRTEEN was unlucky.

Poppycock! THIRTEEN is not unlucky, Ned and you should not allow yourself to be brainwashed into thinking so.

Who told you it was unlucky? Can't remember? It is just a myth that has been handed down and down to us, with no truth in it whatsoever.

trebor
23-05-2004, 20:39
Maybe Ned's just unlucky with women!

Ned Kelly
23-05-2004, 20:42
Lucy, I don't need a rational explanation for why I'm being irrational. I don't like it when black cats run across my path either, though they're probably not that different from white cats!

However, I was deeply impressed with your discourse and will tuck it away for future dinner party conversation.;)

Ned Kelly
23-05-2004, 20:43
Originally posted by trebor
Maybe Ned's just unlucky with women!

Yes, he is. But what pray tell does that have to do with intermittent electricity supply in Vladivostok?

camus
23-05-2004, 20:43
Originally posted by Ned Kelly
Lucy, I don't need a rational explanation for why I'm being irrational. I don't like it when black cats run across my path either, though they're probably not that different from white cats!

However, I was deeply impressed with your discourse and will tuck it away for future dinner party conversation.;)

Convert to binary and avoid 13 forever.

kniga
23-05-2004, 21:21
Ned,

13 is my lucky number. It's all in how you look at it. Your triskaidekaphobia is self-inflicted and can be exorcized with some careful coaching. You buy the beer, I'll do the coaching! :-)

Ned Kelly
23-05-2004, 21:24
kniga, again showing my deep reverence for your vast wisdom: you name the time, i'll be there. only not at 1300 hours ok?

kniga
23-05-2004, 21:34
Ned,

A B & M, 2200 hours tonight?

Ned Kelly
23-05-2004, 21:39
Kniga. I got home at 6:30 this morning. I think if I went to the place you named at 2200 tonight they'd have to bring me to work ay 0630hours tomorrow morning in a casket.

Monday night though is another question. Let's make it 1900 hours at ABG?

kniga
23-05-2004, 21:43
Ned,

Deal with the proviso we reconfirm Monday afternoon.

Ned Kelly
23-05-2004, 21:48
Yep, suits me too. Now go to business discussions and read SpruceGoose waxing lyrical on meat (or non) pies at the footy. I hand over the Australian mantle to him for that performance.:p

kniga
23-05-2004, 21:49
Ned,

All righty, then!

trebor
23-05-2004, 22:06
Yes, he is. But what pray tell does that have to do with intermittent electricity supply in Vladivostok?

Ned,
it has nothing to do with the condition of the utilities in Vladiflopstick but then EVERYTHING to do with the thread.
How is it that someone so sensative, handsome (if we believe your avatar of course!) intelligent and cool.........................is such a looser with the sheilas?

Ned Kelly
23-05-2004, 22:16
Take last night for example. I met the love of my life and when she went to take a shower this afternoon and realised I had no hot water she said a Russian Army barracks had more sophistication than my flat and I guess that's the last I'll see of her.;)

So again, utilities are everything!

Oh, and glad yours was the thirteenth post.:p

lucytupper
23-05-2004, 22:26
@ Ned,

Your total posts to date are 1311.

Two more to go before you reach 1313!!

Will you dare to post those other two?!

Ned Kelly
23-05-2004, 22:32
Oh shit, one down just to reply "Oh shit!" It'll depend on whether Trebor comes out with another outrageously ridiculous line.;)

Alethea
23-05-2004, 22:53
Originally posted by kniga
Ned,

A B & M, 2200 hours tonight?

Yeah, right...

Next time I want to have a date I will go rambling about how superstitious I'm.

Anyone fancy a beer from a superstitious Russian chick?:p Nahh..I doubt that

Ned, keep posting and you will get rid of unlucky numbers very soon ;)

trebor
23-05-2004, 22:57
Ridiculous lines?
Ned your behaving like a whimp? Frightened of black cats and the number 13?
I think its all an act to get attention.........................................

Teutonic Deity
23-05-2004, 23:06
You buy the beer, I'll do the coaching! :-)

I'm guessing that 13 pints will most likely do the trick... :-)

Alethea
23-05-2004, 23:47

blin! and to cap it off a black cat ran in front of me when i was coming back with the beer.

Be careful, Ned...

Apparently that black cat has had a litter of thirteen kittens!

mew...meeew....meeeeeeeeeew!! :p

Ned Kelly
24-05-2004, 07:21
Alethea, Trebor, you turkeys. I just wanted someone to wind back or forward my posts. Not looking for dates (and my story was a lie, Trebor:p ) or attention (though of course I crave it).

In fact I wish I hadn't posted anything. Now I see 13 everywhere I look.:p

Alethea
24-05-2004, 09:04
Ned,

Deal with the proviso we reconfirm Monday afternoon.

Why some guys get all the luck?

Mr.Miller (or may I call you Arthur?) , I would like to invite you for a friendly meeting. We could speak Russian ( mind you, my Russian is immaculate) for a mutual amusement.

In case you dread the unlimited attention coming from my side, we will consider a third party to attend.

If you need some references , I have one.

Marilyn.

Alethea
24-05-2004, 09:09
here is my recent pikkie

Ned Kelly
24-05-2004, 09:11
Originally posted by Alethea
Why some guys get all the luck?

Mr.Miller (or may I call you Arthur?) , I would like to invite you for a friendly meeting. We could speak Russian ( mind you, my Russian is immaculate) for a mutual amusement.

In case you dread the unlimited attention coming from my side, we will consider a third party to attend.

If you need some references , I have one.

Marilyn.

your capacity to spin shite is unparalleled. i bow to your superior skill.

Alethea
24-05-2004, 09:31
slow down, young boy.

I invited Mr. Miller, not you .

What's wrong with that??

And I'm not fibbing. I do have references :p

Ned Kelly
24-05-2004, 09:33
slow down, young boy.

I invited Mr. Miller, not you .

What's wrong with that??

And I'm not fibbing. I do have references :p

you are fibbing. you are shameless on that count.
and you made up a quote by me.

Alethea
24-05-2004, 09:42
you are right, my cultivated friend,

I'm fibbing, I'm not Marilyn. In fact, I'm better:p

Mr.Miller, what will be your positive reply?

Ned Kelly
24-05-2004, 09:44
actually, you didn;t misquote me, you quoted me out of context from somewhere else. cheeky thing.

for that, i condemn you to an hour of conversation with trebor.

Alethea
24-05-2004, 09:46
phew!

:getlost:

Ned Kelly
24-05-2004, 09:48
phew!

:getlost:

cute, but you'll find an hour of trebor is a fate worse than death.

Alethea
24-05-2004, 09:54
Ned's caustic sarcasm caused some dreadful changes in Alethea's appearance....

She is gradually transforming into a poisonous snake, that is swirling, twisting and coiling in rings....ready to bite

shh...shh...shhhut up....

:D

Ned Kelly
24-05-2004, 10:14
Ned's caustic sarcasm caused some dreadful changes in Alethea's appearance....

She is gradually transforming into a poisonous snake, that is swirling, twisting and coiling in rings....ready to bite

shh...shh...shhhut up....

:D

easy there medusa;)

Alethea
24-05-2004, 10:19
easy there medusa;)

Don't look at me and you will be fine, Perseus:)

Ned Kelly
24-05-2004, 10:35
Don't look at me and you will be fine, Perseus:)

i'm a curious fellow, which invariably leads to problems.

Alethea
24-05-2004, 11:16
Blimey!!!!

I have just realised that I always refer to you as to someone with winged sandals who is flying out and about: Hermes/Mercury, Peter Pan, Perseus

Sometime you are a child who has never grown up and I want to tuck you up in bed and tell you a bedtime story..

Sometime you are Perseus, who was literally a predecessor of the medieval white knights ( I bow at your ability to fight for female honor on here - it has been witnessed on a several occations by now)

But tell me, why the rest of the time are you being Mercury, a famous foe and a trickster, a god of mischiefs ?

Nedster trickster, Nedster trickster:p

Nope, I will better call you a mocking bird , for you are a winged creature;)

Ned Kelly
24-05-2004, 11:18
Blimey!!!!

I have just realised that I always refer to you as to someone with winged sandals who is flying out and about: Hermes/Mercury, Peter Pan, Perseus

Sometime you are a child who has never grown up and I want to tuck you up in bed and tell you a bedtime story..

Sometime you are Perseus, who was literally a predecessor of the medieval white knights ( I bow at your ability to fight for female honor on here - it has been witnessed on a several occations by now)

But tell me, why the rest of the time are you being Mercury, a famous foe and a trickster, a god of mischiefs ?

Nedster trickster, Nedster trickster:p

Nope, I will better call you a mocking bird , for you are a winged creature;)

I reread that post and the words are familiar (English) but I cannot for the life of me work out what you are trying to say.:p

Alethea
24-05-2004, 11:20
Birdie,don't bother to read my posts, for I'm writing to amuse myself mostly[shrug]

Ned Kelly
24-05-2004, 11:28
Birdie,don't bother to read my posts, for I'm writing to amuse myself mostly[shrug]

i think of myself more as the black knight in the holy grail.

Alethea
24-05-2004, 11:40
[deleted]

don't want to lower myself to a discussion of holy grails of any sort.

good gal.