PDA

View Full Version : Alethea's box of little curios.

Alethea
23-05-2004, 19:55
I'm not a collector, but I do have a small collection of amusing (and amazing) things I adore.

Each item is very precious to me and has got it's own story.

I will try to take pics and post them on this thread.

I also hope that some of you will tell us about your talismans or little things you keep as memorabilias.

Now listen ....

When I was young ( in fact, two years old) I lived in a small town, a spa in Caucasus. I still have flash-back from that time coming back to me. A sandy sunlit serpentine road with rosebushes on it's sides that led to a magnificent castle on a hill (in fact, it was a hospital built in Stalin era)

Our neighbor was a female artist and she made two tiny dolls for me ( she also drawn an elderberry tree on a wall in my room)

I have never parted with those little dolls. They are falling apart now. I really must mend them one day soon.

Ned Kelly
23-05-2004, 20:00
hmmm, and there i was thinking i'd made the most inane post of the day.:p

Here
23-05-2004, 20:20
> When I was young

A long time ago ?

Ignia
23-05-2004, 22:28
Great idea, Alethea!
One day I went to a pool and found a braselet in the water. It was very simple but I liked it a lot. I put it on my hand on every competitions - it was my lucky talisman.

Alethea
23-05-2004, 22:48
Ignia,

it's interesting, because generally things which were found somewhere don't bring good luck . In your case it worked the other way round:)

Ignia
23-05-2004, 23:01
Alethea,

don't forget the clover with four leaves which is believed to bring good luck ;)

http://www.kainoa.co.jp/hp_sp2003/image/clover.gif

Alethea
23-05-2004, 23:06
The one with six leaves is even more powerful;)

Ignia
23-05-2004, 23:08
Sometimes I think that talismans are just like Gods - they help you as long as you believe in them.

*no offence to any religions meant*

peyote
24-05-2004, 11:06
ah, don't you love monday morning touching threads?

Alethea
24-05-2004, 11:44
in fact, this one was created on Sunday evening.

so peyote, don't tell me you have not got a little thing you wouldn't want to show off:D

And I promise to tell a story about Domino medieval set and an Hourglass. :cool:

peyote
24-05-2004, 11:46
Originally posted by Alethea
so peyote, don't tell me you have not got a little thing you wouldn't want to show off:D i do, but you know me: i'm shy.