View Full Version : Private/Homestay Visa - Australian

14-06-2008, 15:48
I have to leave the country and get a Private/Homestay Visa. Return plane tickets to Australia are expensive.

Do I need to go all the way to Australia to do that? I've heard Russian embassies in some countries will give Russian Visas to Australians, while others will tell you to go home to Australia. If true can someone tell me which are the helpful ones.

I was told that even if the Russian embassy in the foreign country(eg Czech) won't give me a Visa I can stay in Czech, send my passport (with the authentic Russian exit stamp in it) to Australia, use an agency to get the Visa from the Russian embassy in Australia, then have it sent back to Czech. Anyone done this?

Any ideas?