PDA

View Full Version : Where is possible to get a job for english teacher

Gu12_1267
11-06-2008, 11:54
Hello All,

Friend of mine(russian speaker) , has diploma Master Degree in teaching english, but no certficate yet, is planning to get it in the nearest future.
She worked at school as a teacher, and has been given some private lessons for children of her friends. Mainly she worked for western companies in the past(her confersational eglish is perferct), and now she would like to start teaching. Is it any way she can get work in english schools? Of course for payment as a new (not enough experienced) teacher, or teacher assistant. Which way teachers get jobs at the beggining of their carrier, both russian and native speker. Please share with me your experience. Thank you.

Bels
12-06-2008, 15:34
Hello All,

Friend of mine(russian speaker) , has diploma Master Degree in teaching english, but no certficate yet, is planning to get it in the nearest future.
She worked at school as a teacher, and has been given some private lessons for children of her friends. Mainly she worked for western companies in the past(her confersational eglish is perferct), and now she would like to start teaching. Is it any way she can get work in english schools? Of course for payment as a new (not enough experienced) teacher, or teacher assistant. Which way teachers get jobs at the beggining of their carrier, both russian and native speker. Please share with me your experience. Thank you.

First of all has she got a Masters degree or a diploma in teaching English, as the Master's degree would be the bet one, and she would be well qualified. So therefore, why would she need a certificate if she has a master's teaching degree.

And apparently she does have a reasonable amount of experience, so why venture on the low paid areas such as teaching assistants.

Is she seeking work in Language centres or state schools. Because appears that due to new pay rises, state schools are now paying much more than the private language centres.

Gu12_1267
17-06-2008, 21:14
Thank you very much for reply. She has a master degree in teaching but wants to try first as a trainee. Are you sure that state schools pays better than school centers? But you know in state school you have to work the whole day may be to get well pay? May be you know places.

Thank you

Bels
17-06-2008, 22:11
Are we talking about English as a first or second language? As I presume that is what you mean. The person is well qualified for most schools as a beginner. She will do fine, probably guided with the right coursebooks, including Teachers resources. There's no such thing as a real trainee or assistant, as in most cases they can't put the pay any lower than what it is.

Ask the person to try the vacancy section here, go for it as an EFL teacher. Let us know what the person is offered. They are desporate, as there is a shortage of good teachers.