PDA

View Full Version : Yoga in English and French

Albertina
08-06-2008, 00:55
Just read an ad of a Yoga-School at Arbat 51 (I guess on Old Arbat)
that has classes in English and French as well as in Russian, in case someone is interested.

yelena12
08-06-2008, 01:10
Cool! I would love to take some yoga classes. Do you know the cost? thnx

Albertina
08-06-2008, 08:34
i think it was 250 r in the morning and 400 later on.

cupcake
08-06-2008, 10:59
Great! what is the name of the place and do you have it's phone number or website?

Tender_Girl
13-06-2008, 00:14
250 r. per 1 class. Its rather cheap. Hope to get the good quility of product )....esp. from English & French speaking coaches. So, give us contact details pls.

Albertina
13-06-2008, 09:03
In the article it said Arbat, 51. I don't know if it's New or Old Arbat. You need to go there and check

Albertina
14-06-2008, 15:06
i found the place for you:241 68 39

Студия Йоги Айенгара на Старом Арбате (http://www.yogastudio.ru)

MissAnnElk
14-06-2008, 17:26
That looks good . . . although I probably can't do it until September. And KID classes too! Thanks.

Albertina
14-06-2008, 17:52
English classes are no starting till September

MissAnnElk
14-06-2008, 19:00
English classes are no starting till September

I saw that, but how hard can it be? Just follow the crowd. It's yoga . . . I've had the basics before.

I used to take Pilates in Slovak. That's how I learned the Slovak for "IN-hale!" and "Ex-hale!"

Albertina
14-06-2008, 19:21
A sophisticated lady like yourself should know it's much more complicated: everything should be aligned, in line, under the right angle, just the right amount of pressure, a special stretch here and there, where you look is vital, not speak of what you think about in every asana... :celebrate: :neiner:

MissAnnElk
14-06-2008, 22:53
A sophisticated lady like yourself should know it's much more complicated: everything should be aligned, in line, under the right angle, just the right amount of pressure, a special stretch here and there, where you look is vital, not speak of what you think about in every asana... :celebrate: :neiner:

Yes, I agree. So I have to work extra hard to make sure I am doing the right thing if the instruction is not in English.

Katrine L
15-06-2008, 03:48

This is only one approach - more mechanical.. What is much-much more important is to be in contact with your body and to listen it during all the performance. This what a real yoga teaches. Of course you need basic technical knowledge but they are not as overwhelming as it's mostly introduced. If you can't listen and to be sincere with yourself all these Asanas "suck" . All these "proper angles" do not always work if you do this without internal communication and feeling of your inside world..

Every asana has only several key moments to know - that's it. And you may practice it by yourself freely combining with consultation with your teacher or attending a group. But personal guidance is much more preferable as it is impossible for instructor to cover by attention all the students during a class.

Albertina
15-06-2008, 08:12
we are not doing it the first year, you know :D