PDA

View Full Version : Legalizing a marriage in Russia and...

yuriobass
07-06-2008, 13:46
Hi everyone,

Would any of you be able to consult me on the following:

In 2005 I got married in Europe with a citizen of one of the EU countries. My questions are:

1. How to "legalize" this marriage in Russia? What is the process?
2. Once legalized, is it possible to divorce in Russia - even though the original marriage has been "carried out" abroad?
3. Once divorced in Russia, would that in any way help the procedure of divorce in the original EU country? What I mean by that: to get actually divorced (not legally separated), a couple needs to wait for over 3 years. If a divorce is conducted in Russia instead, would such a divorce be automatically accepted also in Europe thus diminishing the waitng time dramatically?

Would be very grateful for any useful information on that.
PS: Sorry for a typo in the subject.

lm2
19-03-2009, 17:47
Hi everyone,

Would any of you be able to consult me on the following:

In 2005 I got married in Europe with a citizen of one of the EU countries. My questions are:

1. How to "legalize" this marriage in Russia? What is the process?
2. Once legalized, is it possible to divorce in Russia - even though the original marriage has been "carried out" abroad?
3. Once divorced in Russia, would that in any way help the procedure of divorce in the original EU country? What I mean by that: to get actually divorced (not legally separated), a couple needs to wait for over 3 years. If a divorce is conducted in Russia instead, would such a divorce be automatically accepted also in Europe thus diminishing the waitng time dramatically?

Would be very grateful for any useful information on that.
PS: Sorry for a typo in the subject.

Have no idea about divorcing procedure, but to legalize your marriage means to make an apostile on the marriage certificate and to translate this apostiled document into Russian