PDA

View Full Version : What should I do 2?

Matt Bury
19-05-2004, 04:40
Beauty! I'm inspired by your openess!!

Ok, here's one for everybody:

I finished with a girl I had been seeing about a month and a half ago. We had no contact after that until she started sending me e-mails a week or so ago.

She hasn't said so directly, but I think she wants to get back together with me.

So what do you do when an ex calls you up?

Guest777
19-05-2004, 10:25
Tell her you've left the country! Works miracles :(

Alethea
19-05-2004, 10:28
Guest,

[ shaking my head reproachfully ]

Guest777
19-05-2004, 10:33
Originally posted by Alethea
Guest,

[reproachfully shaking my head]

What? I'm just saying it's very effective!

natalia_apple
19-05-2004, 16:01
just tell them the truth

Midas
19-05-2004, 17:19
ignore her. she'll give up at some point

Guest777
19-05-2004, 17:27
Originally posted by Midas
ignore her. she'll give up at some point

That's a real man speaking! :grind: :grind: :grind:

Fa-Q!
19-05-2004, 17:38
A real man would **** her best friend.

DJ Biscuit
19-05-2004, 17:40
Matt Burry, how old are you? Is this the first time you broke up with someone?

Midas
19-05-2004, 17:41
Originally posted by Guest777
That's a real man speaking! :grind: :grind: :grind: what is that you don't like??? that'd be the best option. the thing is over, she got to understand it. the more you talk to her, the more she is hoping to revive the relations. but if you ingnore her long enough, at some point she'll find enough pride to leave you alone

Ledka
19-05-2004, 17:48
Originally posted by Matt Bury
Beauty! I'm inspired by your openess!!

Ok, here's one for everybody:

I finished with a girl I had been seeing about a month and a half ago. We had no contact after that until she started sending me e-mails a week or so ago.

She hasn't said so directly, but I think she wants to get back together with me.

So what do you do when an ex calls you up?

It depends on many reasons:

- if you still kept thinking abt him/her after u separated;
- if she/he hurt you in the past (if he/she did that once, he/she will definetely repeat it) ;
- if you have relations with another person at the moment;

it's very individual. Ask her directly what she wants. And figure it out if u need the same.

Guest777
19-05-2004, 18:18
what is that you don't like??? that'd be the best option. the thing is over, she got to understand it. the more you talk to her, the more she is hoping to revive the relations. but if you ingnore her long enough, at some point she'll find enough pride to leave you alone

It all depends on whether she understands if the thing is over. The fact that they had no contact for over a month doesn't mean anything.

Midas
19-05-2004, 18:20
well, if don't respond to her she'll eventually understand, right?

Guest777
19-05-2004, 18:24
well, if don't respond to her she'll eventually understand, right?

No. It's a cruel way... Why can't he just tell her he doesn't want to see her again? Just TELL her... why IGNORE her?

Midas
19-05-2004, 18:27
cruel? are you Mother Teresa.
ok, what happens if the guy does not understand that it's all over? right. you just stop replying
same here

Guest777
19-05-2004, 18:32
cruel? are you Mother Teresa.
ok, what happens if the guy does not understand that it's all over? right. you just stop replying
same here

I might be Mother Teresa but when a guy doesn't understand I EXPLAIN.

Midas
19-05-2004, 18:33
it's not worth the time. remember, you have to spend YOUR time on something you DON'T need

Guest777
19-05-2004, 18:35
it's not worth the time. remember, you have to spend YOUR time on something you DON'T need

Imagine it's YOU who doesn't understand what's going on and the other person is just ignoring you. How would you feel about it?

Midas
19-05-2004, 18:37
i always understand. i follow the rule of 3 "no's". a first 'no' is NOT a 'no'. a second 'no' is not YET a 'no'. a third 'no' is ALREADY a 'no'
pretty simple and not time-consuming: mine and hers.

Guest777
19-05-2004, 18:42
What if there are no NOs? What if a person just disappears without any explanation? It happenes very often.. you are very lucky if you haven't been in such situations.

Midas
19-05-2004, 18:44
oh, i have plenty of times. the latest being on monday. know what? i move on. what's the big deal?

lochnessmonster
19-05-2004, 18:44
The truth hurts, sometimes it hurts A LOT, but stick with it and be honest with her and yourself. BE A MAN!

kak
19-05-2004, 18:49
Guest you are going to hate me for that but...if a person just disappears without any explanation, that mean that this person was just never really in love, or this person is just a coward, which may be worse.

Guest777
19-05-2004, 18:56
Originally posted by lochnessmonster
be honest with her and yourself. BE A MAN!

Agree 300%!

Ledka
19-05-2004, 18:58
If you don't really want to be with her, say that you have a girl friend. She won't have any hopes and will go on.

Guest777
19-05-2004, 18:58
Originally posted by kakrout
Guest you are going to hate me for that but...if a person just disappears without any explanation, that mean that this person was just never really in love, or this person is just a coward, which may be worse.

Why would I hate YOU? :) I've got a variety of cowards to select from :)

Moscow Wolf
19-05-2004, 19:06
Just tell her breath stinks. Short sharp and to the point. Amateur!

natalia_apple
20-05-2004, 01:02
hm, and I thought a real man can at least be brave enough to tell the truth...

trampler
20-05-2004, 01:19
Originally posted by natalia_apple
hm, and I thought a real man can at least be brave enough to tell the truth...

I thought real ladies would be able to stay away from ex boyfriends.

In my opinion she should take a hike.....

Story is finished, she's ex, no time to waiste on her anymore.

natalia_apple
20-05-2004, 01:23
thats what he should say:"Its over"

Sadie
20-05-2004, 01:41

Not true. Sometimes its better to quit without any explanation. When the reasons are obvious and understood, when chances have been given but not used, no need to explain it again and again. At some point it should be stopped. And no sense in placing the blame, argues or additional explanation (for imbeciles, who dont get it from the first try). When you explain, you make the illusion that or you really are giving the person a chance. When you simply disappear, you leave no chances at all, and it speaks louder than words. The breakup is the end of attempts, why to give the final word to play a final spectacular scene for it would stick in the other persons mind?

good night, everybody

Ledka
20-05-2004, 11:11
Originally posted by trampler
I thought real ladies would be able to stay away from ex boyfriends.

In my opinion she should take a hike.....

Story is finished, she's ex, no time to waiste on her anymore.

I agree with Natalia!
He must be already thankful to her that she chose him. and "spends" or " wastes" (as some said here) her time on him. Doesn't she deserve to get a polite true answer? We must respect other's feelings.

Fa-Q
20-05-2004, 11:15
Ok. I made a (ocherednoi) smart-ass comment. But this is my true take on the situation: Tell the truth. No matter what the consequences, it's always the right thing to do and at the end of the day, regardless of what happens, you can regret the situation or the result but you'll know that YOU did the right thing.

Alethea
20-05-2004, 11:24
Fa-Q

(always struggle to pronounce your name)

I agree with you. It's better to make it clear that everything is over rather than to procrastinate.

Sadie
20-05-2004, 11:42
Explaining the reasons of the following breakup you this or that way HAVE to blame the partner, you leave him with the feeling of guilt, even if he doesnt agree with your arguments. It hurts a lot. Just imagine yourself in such a position.

Leaving in so called English style without long discussions leaves him in ignorance. So.. he is free to make any explanations on his own (that you are cheating-meeting, arrogant, do not deserve him, jerk, bitch.. whatever), you are even giving him the chance to blame you;) for the breakup (let him think whatever he desires, whatever is comfortable, why not). When you make a decision to quit, do you really care about it?

I personally care to avoid ANY argues and NOT to hurt the feelings (if there were any :)), when it concerns a breakup. The wisest ppl IMHO MAKE the other WANT to separate, so that the other thought it was HIS/HER decision, trying to make the breakup as mild as possible.

Alethea
20-05-2004, 11:55
arguing over the break-up is purposeless waste of time, but escaping cowardly is not what is appropriate for such situations. Being left (dumped, whatever) is a heartbreaking experience. Being left in the dark is even more frustrating.

Just say firmly that you don't want to continue.

Hell, if you can't stand a possible argument/ a girl breaking in tears/etc etc, send e-mail. I've heard of a guy who faxed a farewell letter to his ex. Not bad.

Sadie
20-05-2004, 12:00
Hell, if you can't stand a possible argument/ a girl breaking in tears/etc etc, send e-mail. I've heard of a guy who faxed a farewell letter to his ex. Not bad.

Yep, PM or a new thread is also an option ;)

Alethea
20-05-2004, 12:03
absolutely:)

Ghost
20-05-2004, 12:06
Originally posted by Sadie
The wisest ppl IMHO MAKE the other WANT to separate, so that the other thought it was HIS/HER decision, trying to make the breakup as mild as possible.

Takes up too much time to organize, and has no closure. Better to simply leave it at a friends stage.

Sadie
20-05-2004, 12:11
Originally posted by Ghost
Takes up too much time to organize, and has no closure. Better to simply leave it at a friends stage.

friends stage is utopia from the books

Alethea
20-05-2004, 12:14
Originally posted by Sadie
friends stage is utopia from the books

Sadie,

totally agree. The best after-break-up option I'm aware of is *Who are you? Do I know you?*

Ghost
20-05-2004, 12:21
Unfortunate you feel that way. Some of my good friends are women I've dated in the past. We keep in touch, I was a guest at one of their weddings. We've done business together. I've referred people to one's firm. It's just about being civil.

Especially if you both frequent the same social group. Why should I or her have to make new friends just because we're no longer together?

kak
20-05-2004, 12:25
pfffff a letter, a fax...what else? come on....that just another coward attitude...
Sadie, i'm not talking about a two month old relationship, but anyway i think i would act the same way. Try to imagine yourself in this situation:
You are so much in love with a guy, suddenly after two years, this guy quit without a word, without giving you any explanation...do you think you will stand it? do you think you'll understand? Do you think you will feel better than if at least he gave you some reasons? i do not think so.

kak
20-05-2004, 12:29
I totally join Ghost on that one, if ex- lovers cannot become friends, (after some time) = there is still a trouble beetween them, one is still in love...etc. I won't say that you have to be friend but sometimes it works perfectly.

Ledka
20-05-2004, 12:29
Unfortunate you feel that way. Some of my good friends are women I've dated in the past. We keep in touch, I was a guest at one of their weddings. We've done business together. I've referred people to one's firm. It's just about being civil.

Especially if you both frequent the same social group. Why should I or her have to make new friends just because we're no longer together?

agree! that's the right way it should be done. But sometimes it's difficult to stay friends if deep feelings were involved. It takes a lot of time to get used for the new role.

Ghost
20-05-2004, 12:33
Originally posted by Ledka
agree! that's the right way it should be done. But sometimes it's difficult to stay friends if deep feelings were involved. It takes a lot of time to used for the new role.

Absolutely, Ledka. That's why there's a phase where time is needed apart before you can be at a social event or speak with one another again. The "hurt" goes away, especially when you're both with other people. Or at least it should.

kak
20-05-2004, 12:35
right. absolutely right. :agree:

Guest777
20-05-2004, 12:41
The "hurt" never goes away. I really admire people who have the courage to stay friends after having been dumped.

Sadie
20-05-2004, 12:42
You are living in a perfect world, Ghost, with perfect rules and perfect people around you. But ppl's nature is far from being perfect, unfortunately.
I am not saying you should have become enemies, so your expression being civil has nothing to do with what I am saying. Plus apparently we have different approach to defining the word friendship.
I do not mean to be bitchy with you, you know that, right? Perhaps, I am just a spleen mood.

Hurt does go away, but where does one hide his memories? It is simply against ppl's nature.

Alethea
20-05-2004, 12:42
Unfortunate you feel that way.

I don't feel that way. It's only what I have witnessed. And note that I NEVER speak about my own experiences, but in general.

Midas
20-05-2004, 12:47
I don't feel that way. It's only what I have witnessed. And note that I NEVER speak about my own experiences, but in general. as usual by the way

kak
20-05-2004, 12:50
Originally posted by Guest777
The "hurt" never goes away. I really admire people who have the courage to stay friends after having been dumped.

the hurt never goes away ...in one week, it will go away when you will fall in love again.

Alethea
20-05-2004, 12:53
as usual by the way

Yep. Don't like emotional strip-tease, you know.

Midas
20-05-2004, 13:01
Yep. Don't like emotional strip-tease, you know. balls of iron, right?

Guest777
20-05-2004, 13:09
the hurt never goes away ...in one week, it will go away when you will fall in love again.

see my PM

Alethea
20-05-2004, 13:12
balls of iron, right?

whatever you like.

Midas
20-05-2004, 13:16
alethea, so sensible...
kakrout, that's wrong. i have't been in love for 4 years now, but the hurt is gone. in fact it was gone after maybe 3 months. the hurt goes because you forget, you find something else to worry about. work usually helps. or sex

Ghost
20-05-2004, 13:19
Fine, I live in a perfect world.

To me, I interact one of two ways with someone I was previously involved with. If I sense they hold some resentment against me or they're being fake, then I simply ignore them completely. If I sense they are trying to be my friend, but that it's hard, then I handle them very gently.

Especially in situations where you were deeply in love with someone. It is possible to still love someone, yet not be IN love with them. In those cases (and I've been there) I still feel deeply for the person and would do anything if they needed me, but I cannot be in a relationship with them.

So perhaps I do live in a perfect world. But I'll continue to live in my perfect world, behaving how I believe I should because I believe it to be the right way. Not necessarily the easy way, but the right one.

-Ghost

kak
20-05-2004, 13:34
alethea, so sensible...
kakrout, that's wrong. i have't been in love for 4 years now, but the hurt is gone. in fact it was gone after maybe 3 months. the hurt goes because you forget, you find something else to worry about. work usually helps. or sex

well you know Midas in depends on people i guess and how deep was the love. I think everyone got his own sensitivity. Some people will recognize themselves in your comment some others in mine , the only important stuff is that yes the hurt can dissapear, so live your life and enjoy it. cry as much as you want for a while but do not cry the entire life. :agree:

wwwoland
20-05-2004, 15:37
Fine, I live in a perfect world.

To me, I interact one of two ways with someone I was previously involved with. If I sense they hold some resentment against me or they're being fake, then I simply ignore them completely. If I sense they are trying to be my friend, but that it's hard, then I handle them very gently.

Especially in situations where you were deeply in love with someone. It is possible to still love someone, yet not be IN love with them. In those cases (and I've been there) I still feel deeply for the person and would do anything if they needed me, but I cannot be in a relationship with them.

-Ghost

Ghost -- well said. I envy your perfect world and have tried to live in a similar way -- to still love and care for someone deeply and do anything to help them even if the relationship (the point of being IN love) did not work for whatever reason. But I suppose even to get to that point after the initial pain probably takes some time.

For the native Russian speakers out there -- is there a distinction as Ghost implies between "loving someone" and being "in love"? / vs. /? Is there the same difference as in English?

Alethea
20-05-2004, 15:44
Originally posted by wwwoland

For the native Russian speakers out there -- is there a distinction as Ghost implies between "loving someone" and being "in love"? / vs. /? Is there the same difference as in English?

I think you answered your own question.

** - you can love your kids, your parents, your native town, your pet and even strawberries , but you can't be IN LOVE with them , or * *:)

you can't be infatuated with strawberry , right?

Guest777
20-05-2004, 15:44

There is some difference but it's usually expressed with more than just verbs... When you say in can be in different senses... is for sure about romantic relationships

wwwoland
20-05-2004, 18:44
you can't be infatuated with strawberry , right?

Not sure. Never tried. But it sounds interesting! :p

Alethea
20-05-2004, 22:32
Not sure. Never tried. But it sounds interesting! :p

Don't try:)

Being infatuated with strawberries is either a fetish or eating disorder;)

lochnessmonster
21-05-2004, 17:09
A fructomaniac probably. But dip them in Cointreau, close your eyes, pop one in your mouth and feel in heaven...
Even better shared!

Anastasia
21-05-2004, 18:40
I think that if speaking about women, if she wants back it means only one thing - she is alone and after break she din't find someone to cure her hurt, and feels much more hurt because of it.

But as well I thought about one thing - the age.
It's my oppinion. Before you are a grown up you have simple relationship - without involving people aroung you (children for example). But if one lives an adult life with responsibilities and breaks serious relationship - sometimes it's better to forgive and start it again as things become too important to give up.

I still think that it's better to start it again with my ex than looking for someone else (at least for our son) - is it a good reason to be back and to try again???????

Matt Bury
22-05-2004, 19:39
Wow! It looks like you've all been through the mill with this one!

You have my deepest sympathies and understanding.

My problem is that I still find her extremely attractive, I've got very strong feelings for her, and I'd love to get back together with her.

I can remember all too clearly the reasons why I broke up with her (I keep a diary to help me with "life") and I'm still very aware of the fact that none of those things are going to change.

As for telling her...

Matt Bury
22-05-2004, 19:45
...as for telling her...

I was very clear with her from the start about my feelings and I explained to her why I didn't think the relationship was working and why it had to end... and yes, it is possible to do it without blaming anybody - We're just not compatible, it's nobody's fault!!

...I did my best and there came the time when I just had to give up!

I'd never blank an ex-girlfriend/boyfriend, and shame on anyone who's ever done that!!!

Live long and happy love-lives!

Miss B
22-05-2004, 21:28

I'd never blank an ex-girlfriend/boyfriend, and shame on anyone who's ever done that!!!

are you cosidering having a boyfriend?? :)

Matt Bury
23-05-2004, 02:07
Originally posted by beauty
are you cosidering having a boyfriend?? :)

No, I'm not gay. Sometimes I wish I was though. A lot of my friends are gay and sometimes I envy certain aspects of their sex lives.

A good friend of mine told me this:

"Being gay is seen as bad by society and if you're gay everything you do is seen as bad. So if everything you do is seen as bad then it doesn't matter what people think about what you do... it's always bad! Therefore, you can do anything you want."

In a world like this the most important things are how people really feel about each other and what they really want to do. Most gay men don't have steady boyfriends because they don't have to in order to have "socially acceptable" sex (unlike the heterosexual world), and so the steady gay couples that I know are very, very close and very very happy to be together. They're together because they want to be and for no other reason!

Moscow Wolf
23-05-2004, 14:40
That sounds like 'I'm not GAY, but my Boyfriend is'!!

I think you are completely mixed up here Mr. Bury. All of the things you state are perfectly viable in a Hetro-sexual relationship, you don't need to be Gay to be BAD!

Anastasia
24-05-2004, 13:54
I think that realetionship between native russian and expats is very difficult thing - sometimes we have totally different idea of what love and life is.
My problem was exactly like this - my ex is expat and I'm russian. Just it's very sad to find out the promblem after you have children, and if it still a crazy love after several years passed. My son is over 2yo and I still can't look at another man - he is still the only for me - differently from him.:shame:

Stasy:rolleyes:

Midas
24-05-2004, 15:47
"I think that realetionship between native russian and expats is very difficult thing" I guess it is. Only I can hardly imagine being in love with an expat chick. The feeling is never that deep. But it has its nice sides. Like, in most cases with me it was a no-strings- attached realtionship

Ghost
24-05-2004, 16:05
A "no-strings attached" relationship is NOT being in love, mah brother.

Midas
24-05-2004, 16:34
that is exactly what I mean. the feeling never goes that deep with an expat. one of the reasons being that you still speak different languages, come from different cultures and have a somewhat different perception of the world around you.
but who said a no stings attached relationship is bad..

britmikh
24-05-2004, 16:38
that is exactly what I mean. the feeling never goes that deep with an expat. one of the reasons being that you still speak different languages, come from different cultures and have a somewhat different perception of the world around you.
but who said a no stings attached relationship is bad..

On what do you base that information on? "a feeling never goes that deep with an expat"?

Midas
24-05-2004, 16:58
Originally posted by britmikh
On what do you base that information on? "a feeling never goes that deep with an expat"? on my personal experience

Ghost
24-05-2004, 17:15
I didn't say it was bad to have a no-strings relationship. I just said it wasn't Love.

But it is rare - a no-strings relationship, that is. Easy for a man, but (usually) difficult for a woman, even if she claims it's fine with her.

Midas
24-05-2004, 17:22
I didn't say it was bad to have a no-strings relationship. I just said it wasn't Love.

But it is rare - a no-strings relationship, that is. Easy for a man, but (usually) difficult for a woman, even if she claims it's fine with her. that's why a woman that's into it is basically a gem and needs to be cherished and preserved. :)

Ghost
24-05-2004, 17:23
that's why a woman that's into it is basically a gem and needs to be cherished and preserved. :)

A woman that's usually into that is usually inflatible.

Midas
24-05-2004, 17:26
what's inflatabe in the sense you mean it?

Ghost
24-05-2004, 17:27
As in "filled with air". Blow up doll.

Midas
24-05-2004, 17:28
As in "filled with air". Blow up doll. life can't be that bad, can it?

Alethea
24-05-2004, 17:34
why certain people are unable to see nuances and shades? their world is painted Black&White.

Ghost
24-05-2004, 17:36
Because nuances and shades are fantasy colors in the real world. The real world IS black and white, and only the indecisive cannot see it as such.

Alethea
24-05-2004, 17:40
only chromatic insensitive person can see the world this way.

Kshisya
24-05-2004, 17:41

But it is rare - a no-strings relationship, that is. Easy for a man, but (usually) difficult for a woman, even if she claims it's fine with her.

no-strings relationships are not natural i think ;) and they are mostly subtitutes for ppl who can't find/enjoy the happiness of being in love :p...however, surprisingly many ppl nowdays adopt this fashion of no-strings/sex friendship...

I know one Dutch girl, colegue of mine, she is enjoying such kind of relationship while haven't met a "man of her dream". She spends weekends with a man she calls "a man with benifits" - they have common interests, good laugh and great sex - and she says she is happy with such kind of relationship till she meets a man she wants to have a family with :p

Ghost
24-05-2004, 17:41
Chromatic insensitive person? What you're saying is that a person who cannot see colors cannot see shades in the world.

Um...yeah. I agree.

Ghost
24-05-2004, 17:42
Originally posted by Kshisya
and she says she is happy with such kind of relationship till she meets a man she wants to have a family with :p

Or until she meets the other girl this man has a no-strings attached relationship with.

Alethea
24-05-2004, 17:45
Or until she meets the other girl this man has a no-strings attached relationship with.

or until HE meets the other man she has a no-strings attached relationship with :p

Ghost
24-05-2004, 17:50
or until HE meets the other man she has a no-strings attached relationship with :p

That is indeed possible. Though I think (but do not have enough evidence to call fact) that more women would have a problem with this than men if both were in a "no-strings" attached relationship. If I was in such a thing, and I saw the girl I was in it with having dinner with another man, I'd be completely cool with it. That's the whole point of a "no-strings" attached relationship. But then again, I see things in black and white, remember?

All mute anyway, since I would never have this kind of relationship. Having sex with more than one partner at any given stretch of time is just dangerous for your health.

Kshisya
24-05-2004, 17:51

maybe ;) ~shrug~ they will enjoy while both are free and feel confortable, obviously :D

Matt as for you i think you should know what to do yourself!

My problem is that I still find her extremely attractive, I've got very strong feelings for her, and I'd love to get back together with her
if you feel so, and she made a contact and eager to communicate or more...find it out!...talk to her and maybe you could have another try?? it might be worth it especially if you still love that woman.

if you are atached and have someone else more important in life, make your choice and be straightforward.

if you really in search for an answer it is not on this site, it's in your heart and brain ;)

Alethea
24-05-2004, 17:52
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ghost

All mute anyway, since I would never have this kind of relationship. Having sex with more than one partner at any given stretch of time is just dangerous for your health. [/QUOT

Having sex is dangerous regardless of the number of partners :eek: :p

Ghost
24-05-2004, 17:55
I disagree. If you're having sex with a partner you trust, and that person is also exclusive to you, AND you are protecting yourself accordingly *cough*, then all should be fine. But if you and your partner are in non-exclusive relationships, and your partner's partner is also in this kind of relationship, now you're sleeping with like...what...4-8 people?

Alethea
24-05-2004, 17:57
that *cough* was lovely... uh

Ghost
24-05-2004, 17:58
You're very good at starting a conversation, but exceptionally horrible at continuing it.

Kshisya
24-05-2004, 17:59
i personally do believe there are ALWAYS srtings in one way or another ;) the exceptions are the one night stands only...:rolleyes:...never had them but sure they might be only exceptions ... if ppl see each other and even sleep with each other on a regular basis they get tamed finally anyway...simple :p

Alethea
24-05-2004, 18:01
You're very good at starting a conversation, but exceptionally horrible at continuing it.

WHAT'S UP???

I only wanted to say that your *cough* was a truly old-fashioned and a charming one. You know, it 's like talking to an elderly well-bred refined English lady who can't say *condom* without being terribly embarassed.

Ghost
24-05-2004, 18:03
i personally do believe there are ALWAYS srtings in one way or another ;) the exceptions are the one night stands only...:rolleyes:...never had them but sure they might be only exceptions ... if ppl see each other and even sleep with each other on a regular basis they get tamed finally anyway...simple :p

I agree wholeheartedly. That's why I said the "no-strings" attached relationship is rare - almost impossible.

Alethea
24-05-2004, 18:08

sorry, forgot to say: you are evenly bad in a conversation from the beginning to the very end:p

Kshisya
24-05-2004, 18:08
I agree wholeheartedly. That's why I said the "no-strings" attached relationship is rare - almost impossible.

and i agree that sleeping with someone who sleeps with someone else is not too good...personally i think it's AMORALNO :p...better :rolleyes: first have one partner...then another ;)

Ghost
24-05-2004, 18:14
sorry, forgot to say: you are evenly bad in a conversation from the beginning to the very end:p

Yeah, and your popularity around here is just stellar. Go post a poll or something.

Alethea
24-05-2004, 18:20
Yeah, and your popularity around here is just stellar. Go post a poll or something.

*cough*

Not everyone wants to be liked. Especially to be liked by majority.

*cough*

Ghost
24-05-2004, 18:22

Not everyone wants to be liked.

You're certainly on your way to success there.

DJ Biscuit
24-05-2004, 18:26
*cough*

Not everyone wants to be liked. Especially to be liked by majority.

*cough*

Really?

And these fickle few who wish to be disliked by most, what pray, is it that they want from people?

Alethea
24-05-2004, 18:27
How do you know? You have statistics? Or your personal opinion about me reflects what other people think?:)

by the way, black means depression, do you know that?

Ghost
24-05-2004, 18:28
Just from what I read on the various forums, and hear at the expat nights. And so black means depression. Am I black or something? If you have a point, make it.

camus
24-05-2004, 18:32
Just from what I read on the various forums, and hear at the expat nights. And so black means depression. Am I black or something? If you have a point, make it.

Lay off it, man. The "consensus" on you is that you have absolutely no sense of humour.

Ghost
24-05-2004, 18:34
What consensus, Camus? You few trolls who go through threads looking for the next insult to post? Shut up, already. Go back to posting "You suck" and other intellectual page turners.

camus
24-05-2004, 18:35
What consensus, Camus? You few trolls who go through threads looking for the next insult to post? Shut up, already. Go back to posting "You suck" and other intellectual page turners.

Chris,

Every person I have spoken to in person, without exception says that you're a humourless prick who always talks about his money.

Alethea
24-05-2004, 18:37
Ghost,

hate to argue with you. after all, it's nearly impossible to change your deep-rooted attitude .

I'm making a point to please you: I'm a dung-fly of the expat. ru
( and I always thought I smelt of roses!)

camus
24-05-2004, 18:37
Ghost,

hate to argue with you. after all, it's nearly impossible to change your deep-rooted attitude .

Alethea,

You're just full of yourself, but unlike Ghost you don't seem to be nasty.

Ghost
24-05-2004, 18:38
So we're calling people by first names are we? Why don't you PM me a point where we can meet up, just you and I and put a stop to that right away.

As for my money, the only time that ever comes up is when I'm buying for people like I always do. or spending it on people who don't pay back (not that I ever ask).

So don't begin posting personal details about me or I swear to Christ I will find you in real life and put an end to it.

camus
24-05-2004, 18:39
So we're calling people by first names are we? Why don't you PM me a point where we can meet up, just you and I and put a stop to that right away.

As for my money, the only time that ever comes up is when I'm buying for people like I always do. or spending it on people who don't pay back (not that I ever ask).

So don't begin posting personal details about me or I swear to Christ I will find you in real life and put an end to it.

Are you threatening some kind of physical violence ? Humourless indeed, Chris.

Ghost
24-05-2004, 18:40
Are you not going to accept my invitation? Just gonna hide behind the forum, Peter?

Ghost
24-05-2004, 18:41
Ghost,

You're not the dung fly, and you probably do smell like roses. Most women smell pleasant, other than my cleaning lady.

camus
24-05-2004, 18:42
Are you not going to accept my invitation? Just gonna hide behind the forum, Peter?

Chris,

If you're as crazy as you're acting online, surely not. Getting into a physical altercation with a bully isn't at the top of my list of things-to-do.

Ghost
24-05-2004, 18:42
Oh but you have, Peter. And I certainly don't need your invitation to meet up with you.

I'll be seeing you soon, my friend. Just post some more personal info about me and lock the deal.

Alethea
24-05-2004, 18:44
Ghost and camus ( my black and white knights)

it's TIME to shut Windows down and go to your respective girlfriends.

my little goblins are waiting for me too.

Will touch base later on.

DJ Biscuit
24-05-2004, 18:45
Originally posted by camus
Chris,

If you're as crazy as you're acting online, surely not. Getting into a physical altercation with a bully isn't at the top of my list of things-to-do.

If you want to know if he's crazy why don't you ask 'all those people who have met him' that you seem to know and ask? Sorry to butt in but Camus, as far as lack of humour goes maybe takes one to know one?

I'm sorry, outa here!

Just let us know when the meet is.

camus
24-05-2004, 18:45
Oh but you have, Peter. And I certainly don't need your invitation to meet up with you.

I'll be seeing you soon, my friend.

You, my friend, are truly a creep.

camus
24-05-2004, 18:46
Originally posted by DJ Biscuit
If you want to know if he's crazy why don't you ask 'all those people who have met him' that you seem to know and ask? Sorry to butt in but Camus, as far as lack of humour goes maybe takes one to know one?

I'm sorry, outa here!

Just let us know when the meet is.

DJ,

You're just a little slow to see the punchline :)

DJ Biscuit
24-05-2004, 18:47
Is it coming any time soon? ;)

Or is it punch up more like?

Alethea
24-05-2004, 18:48

I'll be seeing you soon, my friend. Just post some more personal info about me and lock the deal.

Peter,

I would like to meet you too:shame:

camus
24-05-2004, 18:53
Is it coming any time soon? ;)

Or is it punch up more like?

I think I'm due for another dozen threatening private messages first.

DJ Biscuit
24-05-2004, 18:54
As a former professional performer, I have to warn you guys about losing the art of timing on this one. :p ;)

Ghost
24-05-2004, 18:56
I think I'm due for another dozen threatening private messages first.

followed by another dozen full of your bullshit.

camus
24-05-2004, 18:58
Ghost,

You're just cementing my opinion of you being a bully with a huge inferiority complex.

Alethea
24-05-2004, 18:59
followed by another dozen full of your bullshit.

there should be other words in Ghost's vernacular like *inappropriate posts* or the like. No?

Ghost
24-05-2004, 19:01
Ghost,

You're just cementing my opinion of you being a bully with a huge inferiority complex.

Honestly I could care less about your opinion of me, bro. Really.

And Alethea, I'm not the first to use profanity on these forums :) One needs merely to go to the nearest FaQ post to see that.

Midas
25-05-2004, 09:30
and i agree that sleeping with someone who sleeps with someone else is not too good...personally i think it's AMORALNO :p...better :rolleyes: first have one partner...then another ;)

why do you think it's amoralno, k-girl? who is setting those morals and why do you have to follow them? i say do what you want and whatever suits you unless this is dangerous for other people. having a no srtings attached relationship is not dangerous if you *cough* :D protect yourself. thenok, someone says it's amoralno. but then again who is this someone to lecture you?

Sadie
25-05-2004, 09:44
"I think that realetionship between native russian and expats is very difficult thing" I guess it is. Only I can hardly imagine being in love with an expat chick. The feeling is never that deep.
Mid, how can you generalize this way when there are so many couples and marriages of that kind working not bad at all :) Several expats from here are married with russians and vice versa. Plus this difference in cultures just adds to the relationship most times when ppl respect each other and each other's roots and countries etc.etc., i mean it's all about being open-minded ;)

Midas
25-05-2004, 09:55
a) I was talking about myself.
b) Russian girl marrying an expat mostly does it for money

sevan
25-05-2004, 10:01

Do we have to have this discussion again? :rolleyes:

Alethea
25-05-2004, 10:03

Midas,

There are lots of expats out there who are poor as church mice.

And there are Russian girls who are still willing to marry them.

Midas
25-05-2004, 10:05
alethea, there are exceptions to every rule, obviously

Sadie
25-05-2004, 10:21
It might sound cynical or smth for some ppl, but I would refrain from marrying a guy whom I am deeply in love with. Love is a necessary component of a marriage, undoubtfully. But the decision to get married should be taken say.. clean-headed.. mostly based on the understanding that this person is able to form a stable and good family based on mutual respect and understanding, first and foremost.
I would hate to see myself married with the people whom I had too strong feelings for, its some kind of disease when you idealize this person, draw him wings behind his back :). There comes a moment when everything is over, its like you wake up and finally r able to see the person objectively. It would be a bad surprise to find yourself married with him by that time :D
And what you say might be true, but I am speaking about your word never, which is not suitable here, as money cant keep any marriage or relationship for a long period of time IMHO.

sfjohns67
25-05-2004, 10:29
Sadie, what you describe sounds more like 'infatuation' than love, and yes, everybody has their own definition. To me, love is EXACTLY what is left when you wake up from the idealization phase and realize you still want to spend the rest of your life with somebody.

Sadie
25-05-2004, 10:41
Originally posted by sfjohns67
Sadie, what you describe sounds more like 'infatuation' than love
depends :)
but on the whole you are right

-Sadiechka-

Matt Bury
25-05-2004, 14:29
Polygomy? Serial monogomy?

People go on and on about the morality of sexual relationships and attach their own opinions to which types of relationship are morally "correct" or not.

As for the danger factor, it doesn't matter if you have sex with one person or 70, whether they're all at the same time or there are long pauses between... sexually transmitted diseases HAVE NO CONSCIENCE. They are are a moral punishment sent by God or by Mother Nature for being "morally unclean."

Because people very rarely ever tell the truth about their sex lives, sleeping with anyone, any number of times or with any number of people carries the same risk to each individual. The statistics don't matter - You can't catch 18.36% of a disease. You either catch it or you don't!

Just practice safe sex and accept that life isn't fair and there's nobody "up there" judging us and punishing us for our immoral behaviour or rewarding us for good behaviour. Those kind of judgements are made by society and our peers.

Alethea
25-05-2004, 14:35

People go on and on about the morality of sexual relationships and attach their own opinions to which types of relationship are morally "correct" or not.

As for the danger factor, it doesn't matter if you have sex with one person or 70, whether they're all at the same time or there are long pauses between... sexually transmitted diseases HAVE NO CONSCIENCE. They are are a moral punishment sent by God or by Mother Nature for being "morally unclean."

Just practice safe sex and accept that life isn't fair and there's nobody "up there" judging us and punishing us for our immoral behaviour or rewarding us for good behaviour. Those kind of judgements are made by society and our peers.

Matt,

it's a bit controversial.

You're saying there is nobody *up there* to judge or punish people and at the same time viewing STDs as a *punishment* sent by God for *morally unclean* behaviour*

confused,

A.

Ghost
sexually transmitted diseases HAVE NO CONSCIENCE. They are are a moral punishment sent by God or by Mother Nature for being "morally unclean."

Your two statements seem in conflict. Just an observation.

Matt Bury
Ghost,

Don't worry Alethea, I think there is a majority here who really enjoy your presence on the forum and look forward to reading your posts.

It's much easier to criticize that to complement and people show what kind of a person they are by what they say about other people.

Alethea
25-05-2004, 14:39

It's much easier to criticize that to complement and people show what kind of a person they are by what they say about other people.

Matt,

sorry for being pathetic, but I'm glad to hear that:)

in fact, every time I'm in a bad patch in life, I repeat words of someone who's opinion I respect: * The worm that destroys you is the temptation to agree with your critics, to get their approval* .

camus
25-05-2004, 14:41
Matt,

sorry for being pathetic, but I'm glad to hear that:)

in fact, every time I'm in a bad patch in life, I repeat words of someone who's opinion I respect: * The worm that destroys you is the temptation to agree with your critics, to get their approval* .

Well the critics are often more accurate than the sycophants.

Kshisya
25-05-2004, 14:43
~SwOON~ Kshisya fell for new Ghost's Avatar :inlove:

:p

PS and shame on you for taking my texts for sombody else's last night :p ...:rolleyes: i should've eaten that cookies :p

Matt Bury
25-05-2004, 14:43
Matt,

it's a bit controversial.

You're saying there is nobody *up there* to judge or punish people and at the same time viewing STDs as a *punishment* sent by God for *morally unclean* behaviour*

confused,

A.

Sorry people!! I missed out the rather significant "NOT" in that sentence.

sfjohns67
25-05-2004, 14:44
Well the critics are often more accurate than the sycophants. Disagree strongly - I think they're just more opinionated and less afraid to prove themselves as the assholes they truly are.

Alethea
25-05-2004, 14:46
Well the critics are often more accurate than the sycophants.

Alethea,

You're just full of yourself, but you don't seem to be nasty.

Peter,

you ARE a sycophant!!:D

camus
25-05-2004, 14:46
Disagree strongly - I think they're just more opinionated and less afraid to prove themselves as the assholes they truly are.

A proper insult contains a large element of truth. Good praise is (usually) pandering as most people don't possess the talents they'd like to.

camus
25-05-2004, 14:47
Peter,

you ARE a sycophant!!:D

Nah, believe it or not, I'm just trying to be balanced :)

DJ Biscuit
25-05-2004, 14:49
Disagree strongly - I think they're just more opinionated and less afraid to prove themselves as the assholes they truly are.

As you 'disagree strongly' does that make you a critic and therefore by your logic an arsehole?

:D

SFJ, that's not to be taken seriously by the way.

Welcome back!

Matt Bury
25-05-2004, 14:50
Morality is a little more complicated than we're lead to believe. Take this as an example:

"John and Mary are brother and sister. They went on holiday travelling around Europe together. One night, while they were staying in a remote house by a lake they thought it would be a nice idea to experiment and have sex with each other. She was already taking contraceptive pills and he used a condom. The next day, they agreed that shouldn't ever do it again and that they wouldn't tell anyone about it, and they continued on their holiday together."

Was this morally wrong?

If your answer is yes, explain why.

Ghost
25-05-2004, 14:52
My answer is that you need help, Matt. I'd go into more detail, but I'm supposed to be cute and fluffy from now on.

And K - I saw the "K" who mentioned Zues, his apartment and cookies and figured it was another "K". My apologies.

camus
25-05-2004, 14:52
As you 'disagree strongly' does that make you a critic and therefore by your logic an arsehole?

:D

SFJ, that's not to be taken seriously by the way.

Welcome back!

I think SFJ make no apologies for being an ass.

Alethea
25-05-2004, 14:54
A proper insult contains a large element of truth.

quote:Originally posted by Ghost:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strumpet finds sex talk completely irresistible and constantly enters excruciatingly unfunny and lurid jokes to the discussion forum. She always manages to sprinkle conversations with references to private parts and will never let pass without comment any mention of the words "eat," "enter," "come," "rub," etc. She flirts with all the men, sometimes even trying to lure one of them into false meetings where she suddenly "cancels because of some unprecedented happening". Should another member challenge her directly Strumpet will disparage her attacker's sexual orientation and/or penis size. CAUTION:

Strumpet may be a man.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with camus wholeheartedly.

Good insult does contains some element of truth.

I only disagree with the last passage : I maybe an internet strumpet, but I'm NOT a man. :p

sfjohns67
25-05-2004, 14:55
A proper insult contains a large element of truth. Good praise is (usually) pandering as most people don't possess the talents they'd like to. So where do good manners, decorum, and respect for others fit into this definition? What if somebody honestly holds another in high esteem - does their expression to the object of their awe automatically make them a sycophant? Again, I think overly-critical people are naught more than sufferers of a low self image who, rather than grabbing themselves by the bootstraps and improving on their own merits, have only enough imagination, wit, and motivation to boost themselves by denigrating others.

I'm going somewhere with this.

Ghost
25-05-2004, 14:55
It has been confirmed, you are not a man.

But that's why I posted "may".

sfjohns67
25-05-2004, 14:56
Morality is a little more complicated than we're lead to believe. Take this as an example:

"John and Mary are brother and sister. They went on holiday travelling around Europe together. One night, while they were staying in a remote house by a lake they thought it would be a nice idea to experiment and have sex with each other. She was already taking contraceptive pills and he used a condom. The next day, they agreed that shouldn't ever do it again and that they wouldn't tell anyone about it, and they continued on their holiday together."

Was this morally wrong?

If your answer is yes, explain why. Incest is best, put your sister to the test!

camus
25-05-2004, 14:57
So where do good manners, decorum, and respect for others fit into this definition? What if somebody honestly holds another in high esteem - does their expression to the object of their awe automatically make them a sycophant? Again, I think overly-critical people are naught more than sufferers of a low self image who, rather than grabbing themselves by the bootstraps and improving on their own merits, have only enough imagination, wit, and motivation to boost themselves by denigrating others.

Good manners, decorum, and respect are not sycophantry.

Also, I don't see how your observation about overly-critical people, which may be true, is logically related to the original thesis.

sfjohns67
25-05-2004, 14:58
I think SFJ make no apologies for being an ass. Wrong, puss custard, I make no apologies for being honest, which is a world away from being an ass. If/when I insult somebody, it's because they deserved it, not out of an effort to prove what a prick I can be. You, on the other hand...

DJ Biscuit
25-05-2004, 15:01
So where do good manners, decorum, and respect for others fit into this definition? What if somebody honestly holds another in high esteem - does their expression to the object of their awe automatically make them a sycophant? Again, I think overly-critical people are naught more than sufferers of a low self image who, rather than grabbing themselves by the bootstraps and improving on their own merits, have only enough imagination, wit, and motivation to boost themselves by denigrating others.

I would disagree but you are sooo clever and sooo right! ;)

Sometimes people who hold you in high esteem are the best qualified to criticise you. And criticism is not necessarily insulting or a put down.

Alethea
25-05-2004, 15:03
Guys,

it's simple: we like those who like us.

Suppose, certain person dislikes me with no reason ( or at least I don't see a reason) - rest is obvious.

camus
25-05-2004, 15:06
Wrong, puss custard, I make no apologies for being honest, which is a world away from being an ass. If/when I insult somebody, it's because they deserved it, not out of an effort to prove what a prick I can be. You, on the other hand...

"deserve" ? -- that's a pretty slippery slope, SFJ.

camus
25-05-2004, 15:10
SFJ,

Suck on this: If I wanted to make you feel good about yourself, I might say something like "damn; you're a good writer" an attribute of your person which you obviously pride yourself on. In your case, the pride is somewhat justified although such praise could just as effectively be lavished on MPayne, whose writing ism by most measures, less-than-good. Anyway, the point is that which makes the praise good is rooted is self-perception way more than in reality.

Insults, on the other hand have to have some element of truth to be effective. If I told you something like "you're a lard-ridden, hairy midget" you'd brush it off since it's so far removed from reality as to be laughable. Something along the lines of "pretentious, pseudo-intellectual musclehead with delusions of grandeur" might be case for pause, however.

kak
25-05-2004, 15:15
to answer matt first question: "what should i do?" = you should close this thread...............:agree:

sfjohns67
25-05-2004, 15:16
Shut up, Kakrout, it's just getting interesting in here.

kak
25-05-2004, 15:20
SFJ, are you sure....?

Ned Kelly
25-05-2004, 15:23
[delete that]
didn;t realise there was history.

sfjohns67
25-05-2004, 15:24

I would disagree but you are sooo clever and sooo right! ;) Of course I am, butt-smoocher! ;)

Sometimes people who hold you in high esteem are the best qualified to criticise you.
Agree strongly, furthermore they're they only ones whose [constructive] criticism I trust.

And criticism is not necessarily insulting or a put down.
My point, exactly. Even nitpicking over the placement of commas and apostrophes [heh heh - sound familiar?] is useful criticism, provided it is presented as something other than a wanton attack. There are those here who would curry themselves much favor by employing just an ounce of diplomacy in their treatment of others. On the other hand, some of those same people have stated unequivocally their desire to be seen as the biggest asshole they can possibly portray. Lost cause, not to mention they're the ones in whose asses shall land my size 10's at every opportunity.

sfjohns67
25-05-2004, 15:25
SFJ,

Suck on this: If I wanted to make you feel good about yourself, I might say something like "damn; you're a good writer" an attribute of your person which you obviously pride yourself on. In your case, the pride is somewhat justified although such praise could just as effectively be lavished on MPayne, whose writing ism by most measures, less-than-good. Anyway, the point is that which makes the praise good is rooted is self-perception way more than in reality.

Insults, on the other hand have to have some element of truth to be effective. If I told you something like "you're a lard-ridden, hairy midget" you'd brush it off since it's so far removed from reality as to be laughable. Something along the lines of "pretentious, pseudo-intellectual musclehead with delusions of grandeur" might be case for pause, however. Like humble, the word pretentious sounds rather funny coming from the mouth of a Berkley parasite such as yourself. Oops, did I release some personal info that I shouldn't know about? Gee, I better be careful about quoting stuff other people might have told me, it would be such bad form on my part to betray the trust of information given under the understood aegis of privacy.

No delusions whatsoever - my grandeur is every bit as big and as real as your penchant for being an abrasive asshole. Unlike you, however, I balance my occasional bellicose act with enough sincere self-deprecation for people to understand that it is, indeed, an act. You, on the other hand, hold your admittedly keen intellect out like a sword that you use to hurt others with no regard for decency whatsoever. What's the source - did you get your ass kicked regularly by trailer trash like me when you were a kid? Hell, it's a fairly safe bet that might have been me grinding your coke bottle glasses into the ground while you screamed on the ground like Daddy's Little Girl.

You're an asshole. I just pretend to be one on television. If you ever use my name to fight a battle with somebody else, especially if they're one of my friends, I will stomp your ass. There's a bona fide threat for you, and you can "hire somebody to take action" in whatever way you see fit.

Sorry Len.

camus
25-05-2004, 15:32
[B]Like humble, the word pretentious sounds rather funny coming from the mouth of a Berkley parasite such as yourself. Oops, did I release some personal info that I shouldn't know about? Gee, I better be careful about quoting stuff other people might have told me, it would be such bad form on my part to betray the trust of information given under the understood aegis of privacy.

Personal Information? Hardly. All this stuff is out in the open. I've even mentioned that I've lived in Berkeley on the boards.

No delusions whatsoever - my grandeur is every bit as big and as real as your penchant for being an abrasive asshole. Unlike you, however, I balance my occasional bellicose act with enough sincere self-deprecation for people to understand that it is, indeed, an act. You, on the other hand, hold your admittedly keen intellect out like a sword that you use to hurt others with no regard for decency whatsoever. What's the source - did you get your ass kicked regularly by trailer trash like me when you were a kid? Hell, it's a fairly safe bet that might have been me grinding your coke bottle glasses into the ground while you screamed on the ground like Daddy's Little Girl.

Don't you guys ever get tired of making threats ? Show some taste. All this psuedo-toughness makes me sick.

You're an asshole. I just pretend to be one on television. If you ever use my name to fight a battle with somebody else, especially if they're one of my friends, I will stomp your ass. There's a bona fide threat for you, and you can "hire somebody to take action" in whatever way you see fit.

I have no idea what you're on about here. Well, actually I do have some idea, but if I'm correct that'd really make you quite the trash-talker. PM me if you want to.

Matt Bury
26-05-2004, 02:27
to answer matt first question: "what should i do?" = you should close this thread...............:agree:

Great idea Kakrout! How do I do it??? It's just like when you're at a party, having a nice time, everyone's having a laugh and then... well, you know what I mean.

Zachariah
26-05-2004, 07:51
Camus,
Right about here is where I would cut my losses.
You have crossed over the line on this one.
Why is it every time I respond to one of your tirades it always ends with you being a "horses ass"? Could it be my complete lack of imagination? I am not quite as eloquent as SFJ but I think you get it!
Z