PDA

View Full Version : Lots of men come to Russia to find women

Ned Kelly
18-05-2004, 23:45
But only the lucky among us find one we love. A small cultured thing from St. Petersburg. Let me introduce Dunya, who is now two.

Ned Kelly
18-05-2004, 23:47
britmikh, even with food all over her ears she's more attractive than you;)

IRS_Runner
19-05-2004, 00:05
Now that is one hot bitch!

Ned Kelly
19-05-2004, 00:09
Avdotya to you, cowboy.

trebor
19-05-2004, 00:51
She looks just like her dad!

IRS_Runner
19-05-2004, 01:07
Originally posted by Ned Kelly
Avdotya to you, cowboy. If I only had a dog... but just don't have the time for one ;)
Atleast they are loyal, that's more than can be said about most women :(

natalia_apple
19-05-2004, 02:07
I think many guys deserve the women they choose

am4rw
19-05-2004, 03:19
I know just the guy for her!

Ned Kelly
19-05-2004, 07:10
am4rw, is he yours? he has unusual colouring. not the usual tricolour. but dunya has tyechka at the moment so she's not about to be picky.:p

boscoe
19-05-2004, 09:25
Originally posted by am4rw
I know just the guy for her!

You talking about Dunya or Natapple :)

(only joking Nat ;))

natalia_apple
19-05-2004, 15:55
btw,the guy am4rw knows is cute!

VOLDEMAR
19-05-2004, 16:12
You should let Natalia_Apple take her for a walk sometime and she can know the true feeling of having a companion

am4rw
19-05-2004, 19:09
am4rw, is he yours? he has unusual colouring. not the usual tricolour. but dunya has tyechka at the moment so she's not about to be picky.:p

Yes, he's mine. :) Or maybe I'm his ... difficult to tell sometimes. Maybe the true relationship is I'm his valet. Open doors, serve dinner, scratch his ears, etc.

He's got a very faint black saddle, otherwise mostly brown with white accents. He's also huge - big but not fat. Unfortunately (or not, maybe), all his relationships are platonic. He had a meeting with the vet when he was young and came out of it not quite the man he used to be. :(

Nat, he is not only cute, but the most loving guy anyone will ever meet. The cat sleeps on his stomach.

Ned Kelly
19-05-2004, 20:28
am4rw, he's a champ! i know exactly what you're talking about with the "i'm his, he's mine" thing.:p what's his name?

dunka was actually the runt of pack so she's tiny by basset standards. tragedy about that operation!

am4rw
19-05-2004, 20:47
His name is Bugsy, also called Bugs or Bugsusha. I got him as a rescue when he was 2, now 5. He's 15 inches at the shoulder, weighs about 75 pounds. He's the 4th basset I've had. Lost my girl in March, she was 14 and also a runt. Best dog I've ever had.

Have a new pup, about 12 weeks currently. The people who own the mom are keeping her for me until I get back from Russia middle of June. She's also a runt, but infected with terminal cuteness. Took Bugsy to meet her, but he didn't show a lot of interest. Didn't quite know what to make of a puppy. She took his disinterest in stride ... bit him on the ear with those sharp puppy teeth. :D

How does your girl like Moscow winters?

Ned Kelly
19-05-2004, 21:48
Well, Russia is her native land so she takes it in her stride. It's terrific running around in really heavy snow with her though, she goes bananas.

Dunya is my third basset. The first was Sadie, the second Baxter, both Australians and sadly passed. My girlfriend wanted to call her Betty (my sister has a Barney and a Benson) but agreed to Dunya after two weeks of watching what a nut a basset pup is.

From what I understand, the name Dunya tends to conjure up images of crazy babi from the village.:p In her case, entirely appropriate.

am4rw
19-05-2004, 22:11
I had a basset that loved snow. When she'd get into snow over her head, she'd leap like a deer - bound - bound - bound - rather than try and wade through it. Her ears would circle like a windmill when she was doing it. Incredibly funny, and as with all bassets, she knew you were laughing with her, not at her. ;) Another basset I had would slide on snow banks like an otter.

My first basset was named April ***** born on April 1. And boy, was the joke on me! Talk about a tough broad! She even lifted her leg to pee.

Ned Kelly
19-05-2004, 22:21
Yes, you go it, that's what Dunka does in the snow too! In my other flat I had quite a group of friends with dogs and we'd let them off to run around in the snow, it was classic.

It's really hard with a pup in a flat. I know that sounds totally obvious but in Aus. they just live in the yard and I figured it wasn;t so difficult as tons of people have dogs but it really is hard yakka and my various flats have taken poundings from Dunya.

When you come to Moscow I'll take you to see her.

am4rw
19-05-2004, 22:46
We'd love to meet her. Bugsy would too, but his application for a visa was turned down. :confused:

Ned Kelly
19-05-2004, 23:47
She's very sociable my Dunka, she'll be disappointed not to meet him.

am4rw
20-05-2004, 00:19
Does she speak English? Bugsy's Russian is very rudimentary.

A very pretty girl. One thing I'll bet, you get more exercise than before you got her. ;)

Ned Kelly
20-05-2004, 00:42
Not sure how the language thing works. I speak to her in Russian and her Russian mum speaks to her in English, so she gets the worst of both worlds.:p

am4rw
20-05-2004, 01:00
What dogs hear:

blah blah blah blah blah Dunya blah blah blah blah walk blah blah blah blah hungry? blah blah blah blah Dunya blah blah etc.

Ned Kelly
20-05-2004, 07:19
Originally posted by am4rw
What dogs hear:

blah blah blah blah blah Dunya blah blah blah blah walk blah blah blah blah hungry? blah blah blah blah Dunya blah blah etc.

Indeed.:p But you forgot "walk" in there.

am4rw
20-05-2004, 08:45
Indeed.:p But you forgot "walk" in there.

Read again. For a journalist, you sure don't proofread well.;)

Ned Kelly
20-05-2004, 09:38
I am an atrocious proofreader and I often stop listening half-way through sentences. :( Shame on me, as a basset-obsessive I should never have doubted you'd include "walking".

am4rw
20-05-2004, 18:56
In my experience, a basset will abandon food at the faintest mention of the word 'walk'. :rolleyes:

ingsoc
21-05-2004, 02:30
Ned..nice Basett....Im bring my two cats with me to Russia.....trying to muddle through the "beauractatic) (spelling) nightmare that is required to quarantine them before entering the country.....get everything translated into Russian and approved by other agencies here.THEN I hear they can if they want to quarantine the animals another 30 days once they arrive in Russia.through Moscow....has anyone had any experience with this? my cats are Abbysinnian..highly intelligent and affectionate..just the three weeks quarantine for them in the states is going to be a nightmare...but I hope they survive.they would NOT Im sure survive being quarantined another 30 days in Russia.god only knows how they would be treated....but they are great companions...only ask for love.affection..and food and water....they never yell at me....nor treat me badly......in many ways.....a perfect companion.not meant to be a substitute for human companionship...but often times more reliable! any help appreciated..I want my cats to get there and SURVIVE this trip! Scott