PDA

View Full Version : The alternative Expat night for anti-social lurkers!

Alethea
18-05-2004, 18:37
Dear lurkers!!

we must organise the alternative expat/russian night for those who yet missed/avoided Ghost's parties.

Everyone who is anti-social, perverted, poll-obsessed etc etc etc is mostly welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Strumpets of all sorts are invited too.

I will be a hostess and meet you with open arms.

Kisses and hugs

Alethea

:hooray: :hooray: :hooray:

DPG
18-05-2004, 18:49
<<Everyone who is anti-social, perverted, poll-obsessed etc etc etc is mostly welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Strumpets of all sorts are invited too.>>

The same people that attend ours cannot possibly attend yours simultaneously...unless all your polls have simply been a front for your perfection of quantum mechanics which allow people to exist in two dimensions at once...;)

Alethea
18-05-2004, 18:53
DPG,

i invited social outcasts only. I know that noone who ever attended ghost party could qualify for mine. :p

i have chosen a pub for this event - The Big Pig pub. ;)

pengwn9
18-05-2004, 19:00
You know Alethea, there was a very interesting discussion last Friday night about you, multiple identities, IP addresses, and the fact that no one remembers ever having seen you.

Really an invigorating conversation. Too bad you weren't there to supply some sorely sought-after answers.

Alethea
18-05-2004, 19:02
peng,

I have two nicks on here and everyone knows them:)

pengwn9
18-05-2004, 19:11
Yessss, the gender question was raised as well. Your inclusion in the womens folder is in doubt.

No one can be sure that you're a girl. So why don't you show at expat this Friday and put our questions to rest.

Are you a fraidy cat, huh?

Alethea
18-05-2004, 19:14
ok, here I'm , posting about 100 messages daily, going to expat night and bumping into one of senior managers.

Hi, scatter-head! you are FIRED!!!

Do you like this scenario? I certainly DON'T!

pengwn9
18-05-2004, 19:15
Not buying that piffle darlin'.

Try again.

Alethea
18-05-2004, 19:17
why not?

it's sensible one.

pengwn9
18-05-2004, 19:21
Because it smells like buffalo dung and I think you're a guy.

If that's the case, fun is fun, but it negates the usefulness of the womens forum. We don't need sniveling spying lecherous guys in there snorkeling on us. Fun is not necessarily funny.

Alethea
18-05-2004, 19:24
ok, peng. I don't post on there anyway :)

thanks. case is closed.

pengwn9
18-05-2004, 19:31
You dont post in there?!? Um, yes you do.

Case closed? That fraidy cat got your tongue, guy?

Alethea
18-05-2004, 19:34
yes, it's closed.

polly can do her moderator's job.

yeah, it was ME who created this forum and now I'm called a GUY.

pengwn9
18-05-2004, 19:41
Anything is possible on the internet. And as we all know, Polly is 10 is 12 thousand miles away and hardly in a position to verify your story.

Nonetheless, no one has ever seen you.

Alethea
18-05-2004, 19:42
that's true.

Limitchik
18-05-2004, 19:53
Christ, I know this is gonna look like me sticking up for certain individuals, but I'm gonna throw my two cents in here anyway, objectivity be damned.

Peng, c'mon, it's an online forum. No one's under any obligation to show themselves. The fact that a number have, shouldn't subject those who haven't to unfounded accusations of cowardice.

I mean, isn't the fact that no one's ever seen someone kind of an inherent factor in online forums ? There's also an inherent risk, of course, of deception, but I don't think that necessitates offline gender confirmation.

Not a flame, just my thoughts.

Regards,
-L

Ghost
18-05-2004, 20:01
Remember when we had our forum, Limit? Remember the rule? Everyone had to be seen to be admitted. I think Peng's view is just cautious. We were that way too.

Limitchik
18-05-2004, 20:04
Sure, I understand, but I think it can be done in a non-accusatory tone and reverting to calls of fraidy cat. I just don't see the reason for that. Let's remember that originally this is an online forum and by nature no one will have seen anyone to begin with. That's a large part of its appeal for many.

DJ Biscuit
18-05-2004, 20:05
I don't understand one thing here. How can anti social people have a get together? Oxyimoron? Like advertising a meeting for an 'anarchists club! :D ;)

Ghost
18-05-2004, 20:09
Limit, if you're going to police this thread, there are far more "accusatory" ones to do so on this forum. "Fraidy cat" is the least of bad commentary.

Unless, of course, your motives for defending Alethea go beyond the norm. If that is the case then I withdraw my statement.

Limitchik
18-05-2004, 20:14
Heck, I'm sure there a lot out there that wouldn't mind policing some of my posts.

It was just the whole tone that seemed unnecessarily suspicious and accusatory to me and inherently contradictory to what an online community is. And that there may be others equally deserving of commenting, doesn't mean this one isn't.

I try to apply my standards evenly site-wide and to no one in particular ('cept you, Ghost, cutie). However, I'm sure I'm not without fault in responding to that which seems--subjectively--harsh.

Ghost
18-05-2004, 20:19
Awww, shucks. :iloveyou:

Limitchik
18-05-2004, 20:22
Originally posted by Ghost
Awww, shucks. :iloveyou:

Back at ya, big guy !

pengwn9
18-05-2004, 20:25
Ya know what I think? I think that it is interesting that Lmitchik has just now showed up to post his 2 cents worth.

That what I think.

Limitchik
18-05-2004, 20:27
Meaning ?

pengwn9
18-05-2004, 20:30
Your name did pop up in the multiple identities discussion.

Nothing.

Limitchik
18-05-2004, 20:37
Peng,

C'mon. First, my multiple identities (with the exception of Limitchik) are ALL childish double-entendre names from Bart Simpson prank calls to Moe Flanders. I'm sure 90% of the site could list them: Hugh J**** Ben Dover, I.P. Freely, Amanda Huggenkiss, and Maya Buttrieks.

Second, I'm sure no one believes that I'd spend four months creating polls in non-native English to perpetuate a female identity. That's pretty twisted, even by my standards.

Last, I'm sure any of the moderators can verify and assuage any fears with IP checks and times of logging in.

All I meant to say is that I think you could allay your doubts of Alethea's identity in a slightly less confrontational way. I don't recall her attacking anyone. That's all.

I'll leave this thread now for random comments from other posters about how twisted I really am. :)

Cheers,
Limitchik

pengwn9
18-05-2004, 20:47
It gets worse, dude. Times were tough, supplies got low--and we ate your Fritos (again). But mm mm, those chili cheese dogs were mighty good.

If you answered your PM's you would do much better.

And I did NOT attack Alethea. If I'd been in an attack mode this thread would have been moved to Bardak with Camus. I don't consider 'fraidy cat' more than a tongue-in-cheek taunt. And there is something disturbing about guys hanging out in the womens forum. It's just creepy.

nexus
18-05-2004, 20:57
Originally posted by DJ Biscuit
Oxyimoron? Like advertising a meeting for an 'anarchists club! :D ;)

Just wondered if you could explain what's oxymoronic about an Anarchist's Club. Does the same apply to the Anarchist Workers Group, or Anarcho-Syndicalist Unions?

DJ Biscuit
18-05-2004, 21:02
It's humour, there's your explanation.

It's simply the image of anarchists organising, it's pure layman, on the surface humour. In humour as in many genres one uses 'the willing suspension of disbelief' so in this case, anarchists organisations, we loosely use the definition of anarhcist to employ the term oxymoron to gain a cheap laugh.

am4rw
18-05-2004, 22:28
Originally posted by Alethea
Dear lurkers!!

we must organise the alternative expat/russian night for those who yet missed/avoided Ghost's parties.

Everyone who is anti-social, perverted, poll-obsessed etc etc etc is mostly welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Strumpets of all sorts are invited too.
:hooray: :hooray: :hooray:

Will this have the same kind of attendance as the "Lazy People's Club"? Will it meet as promptly as the "Procratinators' Club"? How will the "anti-social" introduce themselves? Oh, the images this creates, of 30 people showing up at the same place and refusing to acknowledge each other. :p :confused: :shame: :cool:

pengwn9
18-05-2004, 22:33
That reminds me of a hilarious episode of "Black Adder". There was going to be a village idiot contest so Baldrich entered himself.
When Black Adder asked him if he'd won the contest he said no, that he'd been disqualified because he showed up.

rantandrave
18-05-2004, 22:54
hey, nexus, would you pretty pretty please do me a favor and change your avatar? i had it first :p, and i use it more, and considering the crap i get for it, i think i should be the only one with it.

Sadie
18-05-2004, 23:18
Originally posted by pengwn9
Yessss, the gender question was raised as well. Your inclusion in the womens folder is in doubt.

No one can be sure that you're a girl. So why don't you show at expat this Friday and put our questions to rest.

Are you a fraidy cat, huh?

!

October 2003 again.. The site lives in circles.. Not only suicidal moods repeat every 6 months, but this multiple identities syndrom relapse too :verycool: Blyad', da half of people here are just completely sick. Maybe it's Punch then:D Lost his job in "Lukoil" and is back to his PC?;)

Miss B
18-05-2004, 23:28
er... rational suggestion...
English foul language is forbidden in this forum, and what about Russian one?
Not a great pleasure to read 'highly literary' remarks written in 'great and mighty' (I mean Russian)...:(

Sadie
18-05-2004, 23:41
Dear B, to your regret I am NOT in a mood of fighting with you, not even do I consider you to be an equal opponent, I don't argue with kids and persons with mental derangement.

If you don't like my language, there is always the 'ignore' button, which would release you from reading all of my posts. Now Be a good girl, *** off please. Good luck. ;)

Miss B
19-05-2004, 13:28
Originally posted by Sadie
Dear B, to your regret I am NOT in a mood of fighting with you, not even do I consider you to be an equal opponent, I don't argue with kids and persons with mental derangement.

If you don't like my language, there is always the 'ignore' button, which would release you from reading all of my posts. Now Be a good girl, *** off please. Good luck. ;)
:eek: Oh no, dear...not fighting... didn't even have it in my mind...

I refuse to enter a battle of wits with an unarmed person...:D:D

I'm gonna use that 'ignore' button... I've just been not for a long on the site and didn't know all the detailes

spent rather long time guessing what was hidden there behind THREE starts.... and eventually came to the conclusion that it was a russian word... one of those you love so much :) I think nothing sounds so beautiful as English language thickly decorated with Russian 'mat' :p

Originally posted by Sadie
Somebodys keen on my s* as I c Be careful not to become obsessed with me, as I would refrain from forming this weird trio u, your imaginary boyfriend and myself.
You contradict yourself first you say you cant stand my dirty language, then you say youll carefully check my s*.. Still in search? B, apart from jokes, you didnt decide to replace your lost love with me, did you? I am slightly afraid of mentally unstable fans indeed

P.s. its not your only nick, you are a wind-up from the start. Have a nice day.

Sorry for replying here (wanna let that thread sink at LAST)

if I said I'm not fussy about what I read it doesn't mean that I'm not fussy about the people I admire... one must possess a great number of virtues for me to be his/her fan.... I can see none of them in you...
sorry, you don't qualify :)

BYE:p

Midas
19-05-2004, 13:40
"Dear B", now what is "B"? ;)

Ghost
19-05-2004, 13:42
"B" is the first letter in her nick name. You're blind as a bat.

Fa-Q!
19-05-2004, 13:45
*******!
================

Kshisya
19-05-2004, 13:53
Originally posted by beauty

sorry, you don't qualify :)

:D:D:D

Sadie, don't bother with b, not worthy;) lets better have a pillow fight! :p

Fa-Q :eek: !!!~ intensively shaking head from left...to right...~ :p

Sadie
19-05-2004, 14:06
Originally posted by Midas
"Dear B", now what is "B"? ;)
Midas, shame on you, we don't use mat here ;)
B is B and will always B.