PDA

View Full Version : Vacation

Fa-Q!
18-05-2004, 13:30
I haven't been home to Florida in three years. I was planning to go end of June and do the 4th of July on Panama City Beach, but it turns out that I'll be too busy with work to leave and must have my vacation and be back in the office by June 7. There are no reasonably priced tix to FLA available now. BIG DILEMMA! I'll go crazy if I don't have a good vacation this year. Plan B was to go to Dublin to visit LEGLESS, but for various reasons, it's looking like that plan may fall through. For other various reasons, I can't take my family with me on vacation. I DONT WANT TO GO ON VACATION ALONE and I only have about $1000-$1200 to spend, total.

Anyone wanna go on vacation or have any ideas? Help!!!

kak
18-05-2004, 13:33
one thing is sure missing here in Russia it's
http://lastminute.com/ :( sorry that i cannot help on that one

Fa-Q!
18-05-2004, 13:36
Oh, well, Kakrout. I didn't really expect to get anything outta that post. Maybe only a small hope that someone is planning to go somewhere and invites me along.

sevan
18-05-2004, 13:43
What kind of vacations do you like?

1) Lying on the beach outside of the hotel, going to a bar near the hotel, hitting on girls from the neighboring hotel. See sights on prepaid bus tours. (I can't help you).

2) Hotel doesn't matter much, other than as a place to sleep and eat 1-2 meals/day. City needs to be interesting with some nightlife. Want to wander around the city and islands some, maybe see some other places, find a bar that I like....

3) I don't want to stay in any one place for more than 1-2 nights, want to see the "locals", will rent a cheap car, eat bread and cheese for meals when necessary, mostly want an adventure.

4) You describe it....

Fa-Q!
18-05-2004, 13:52
Here, the main requirement is-NOT ALONE. I can have fun most anywhere and I just want to get as far from Moscow as possible. I wouldn't mind going to Crimea or Odessa or Europe. There are several places where I can go in Russia, but I've already been to most of 'em and it doesn't seem to intriguing to me right now. Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and take a vacation in the fall....

Kshisya
18-05-2004, 14:12
Originally posted by Fa-Q!
Here, the main requirement is-NOT ALONE. I can have fun most anywhere and I just want to get as far from Moscow as possible. I wouldn't mind going to Crimea or Odessa or Europe. There are several places where I can go in Russia, but I've already been to most of 'em and it doesn't seem to intriguing to me right now. Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and take a vacation in the fall....

you silly head! should've joined us in Egypt! ;) we would've entertained ya to max ;)

:p

Fa-Q!
18-05-2004, 14:14
Believe me, that thought's already crossed my mind. I'll leave for Egypt (or almost anywhere, for that matter) this Friday if someone would go with me.

rantandrave
18-05-2004, 14:18
go to goa. from what i've heard, everyone is so unbelieveably friendly there, that even if you go by yourself, you'll have friends for life within an hour. and lots of umm...aromatic herbs. plus it's cheap as dirt.
i'm not sure if it's the right season, tho.

Kshisya
18-05-2004, 14:18
Believe me, that thought's already crossed my mind. I'll leave for Egypt (or almost anywhere, for that matter) this Friday if someone would go with me.

ah i'd go with you if wasn't just back from vacation :(...ah still pity you didn't get that idea in your head a bit earlier! you can imagine how us 3 wandering around semi-naked 27/7 would've cared bout you ;)...:rolleyes:...:eek:...:p

!!!!!!!!!!!AND YOU CAN"T GO THIS FRIDAY!!!! you should kiss me for ma birthday first :p

Fa-Q!
18-05-2004, 14:19
Aaaagh. Could be an idea. I actually have friends in Sri Lanka, hmmm....

Filimon
18-05-2004, 14:27
I would invite you to Novorossiysk with us (Black Sea Coast) but we are going on 19 June, which is too late for you, as I understand.

Fa-Q!
18-05-2004, 14:31
Don't worry, K. You'll get your congrats from me.

Filimon, I have an office in Novo and have been there several times. I'm actually considering going there now. It is beautiful and warm. I usually fly into Anapa (as opposed to Krasnodar) and I hear that vacationing there is nice, too.

Filimon
18-05-2004, 14:34
Don't worry, K. You'll get your congrats from me.

Filimon, I have an office in Novo and have been there several times. I'm actually considering going there now. It is beautiful and warm. I usually fly into Anapa (as opposed to Krasnodar) and I hear that vacationing there is nice, too.

Well, actually most of the people when they fly there their destinations ARE Anapa, Gelendzhik, etc. Novorossiysk is more industrial, although there are some good beaches around it (Shirokaya Balka et al)

I was born and grew up there. :)

Fa-Q!
18-05-2004, 14:38
"Hero City". I like Novo and I have friends and colleagues there, but they're all working, unfortunately. Same story with St Petersburg, lots of freinds there, but I spent too much time there working in our office in the port this year. Same story with Saratov. I've even considered Vladivostok, where one of my good friends lives. I don't know what I'm going to do. Maybe just save my cash and vacation time and plan a good trip to Florida in a few months.

Filimon
18-05-2004, 14:50
"Hero City". I like Novo and I have friends and colleagues there, but they're all working, unfortunately. Same story with St Petersburg, lots of freinds there, but I spent too much time there working in our office in the port this year. Same story with Saratov. I've even considered Vladivostok, where one of my good friends lives. I don't know what I'm going to do. Maybe just save my cash and vacation time and plan a good trip to Florida in a few months.

I have the same problem. Good thing I have family there.