PDA

View Full Version : international school of tomorrow

stone the crow
18-05-2004, 07:07
Hi all,

We have just got to Moscow and are looking for a school for our 12 year. She speaks basic English, native language is Spanish, and we have spoken to the International school of Tomorrow.

Does anyone out there have children at the school? Does anyone have any useful info in regard to schooling in Moscow for secondary students?:)

xt-tsi
18-05-2004, 18:19
The most complete list I've seen is -

www.yellowpages.ru - hit "English" in the upper right hand corner and search for schools. It shows a long list of schools in Moscow, both public and private.

Another list is on:

http://www.infoservices.com/moscow/index.html and search for schools under "search for category".

We're doing the same search. Let me know what you find and let's swap info.

XT

stone the crow
18-05-2004, 19:04
sounds good, we're going to see this school on Friday afternoon so i will let you know on Saturday how we went.

You can find more info about the Tomorrow school on www.modelschool.ru

There isn't alot there but have a look and see what you think.

uninformed
18-05-2004, 23:45
My son has a friend at that school. They seem to have good academics, plenty of homework, and are well-behaved - to judge from one child. I've only heard positive remarks about them.

ImMauri_f
23-05-2004, 09:24
I'm an experienced teacher and have had contact with the School of Tomorrow, and used their curriculum. If your child is an INDEPENDENT learner, and I mean Independent, he/she should do ok. If he needs contact with the teacher, they only monitor the students there, especially the older ones. The other item I don't like is the lack of higher level questioning and thinking skills. The School of Tomorrow is a good short-term choice for a strong, independent learner.

There is another school first begun for missionaries which a number of my former students are attending. I like the classes, interaction, support, etc. It's located down toward the bottom of the grey line....Hinkson Academy They also have a strong ESL teacher there. Your child will adapt quickly.

The Anglo American School near Cokol Metro on the Green Line seems to be the best of the three.

If you need any extra assistance with your child during the fall months, let me know. I'll be glad to help.

pengwn9
23-05-2004, 12:17
Count on paying a king's ransom for any of the above named schools. If you find something in the $5,000 range, please post it here. I'm looking too.

stone the crow
07-06-2004, 03:28
Hi all, sorry its taken ages to put in an undate about the school. We were pretty happy with what we saw at the school. Our daughter is a pretty independant learner and has always done pretty well at school so we don't think she will have many problems adapting. The people down there seem on the ball and we also liked the fact that they have children from 35 countries going to the school, including all religions and all languages. The school language is english which is perfect for us, and although they use the bible for a 'moral' guide they don't activily promote religion which is also something we liked about it.
On the whole we happy, current cost are,
$700 a month tuition
$100 a month for transport
$40 a month for food.

This is all coming in cheaper than other options we have looked at. They also have close links with other Tomorrow schools around the world so we can import 'paces' as they call them, from Australia to make sure our daughter is up to standard in Aussie Maths and Sciences etc.
So if you are looking for a school we can recommend having a look at these guys.