PDA

View Full Version : looking for English native teacher for todler

nwixom
28-05-2008, 00:13
I am loking for English native teacher or student to speak English for toddler 3,5 years, who understands english but answers in Russian.
Please let me know if anyone would like to do it or has someone in mind

Bels
07-06-2008, 00:26
Not the best way for a three year old I'm afraid. How did you translate your child's Russian? Did you say Krastne is red, and Masheena is a car? There is only one way your child will learn English properly, and that is English to English. And this has been proven in many cases, you don't translate to a child what comes naturally.
If you want too see the proof, come and visit my young groups and their parents. Some of these parents didn't believe it either, but they believe it now.

Most of these children have been taught by me, as from pure beginner level. A few of them were reading, writing, speaking and listening before they started Russian school at the age of six.

If you live in the west of Moscow, contact me for a free trial lesson. Or observe my young groups, and ask their supportive parents as to what they think. The proof is there. I also have two young children of my own, both bi-lingual, and the youngest is only 26 months old.

No Russian!! Is the golden rule. There's no other way.

anthonycasey
07-06-2008, 04:36
Not the best way for a three year old I'm afraid. How did you translate your child's Russian? Did you say Krastne is red, and Masheena is a car? There is only one way your child will learn English properly, and that is English to English. And this has been proven in many cases, you don't translate to a child what comes naturally.
If you want too see the proof, come and visit my young groups and their parents. Some of these parents didn't believe it either, but they believe it now.

Most of these children have been taught by me, as from pure beginner level. A few of them were reading, writing, speaking and listening before they started Russian school at the age of six.

If you live in the west of Moscow, contact me for a free trial lesson. Or observe my young groups, and ask their supportive parents as to what they think. The proof is there. I also have two young children of my own, both bi-lingual, and the youngest is only 26 months old.

No Russian!! Is the golden rule. There's no other way.
Sorry mate, but that is nonsense. Many children grow up bilingual, and it's never one language or the other, it's about choosing the words for the situation. Honestly, ignore the 'golden rule', language ought to be a joy and it needs to relate to everyday life.

Bels
07-06-2008, 13:03
Sorry mate, but that is nonsense. Many children grow up bilingual, and it's never one language or the other, it's about choosing the words for the situation. Honestly, ignore the 'golden rule', language ought to be a joy and it needs to relate to everyday life.

I do agree to some extent, language ought to be a joy and it should be related to everyday life. Of course both languages are used in my family, or my children would never have become bi-lingual.The mother and the two year old communicate with him in Russian, and I communicate with him in English only, in his playing , drawing , colouring, and the many English children books that he has.

But for a native English teacher who may well spend only 6 hours a week with a child, I do believe that the teacher should stick to mainly teaching English to English, with plenty of visual aid.

I don't believe that a child will learn English, when you have to answer the child in Russian for example. Nor will teaching a child in English, mixed with 50% in Russian. Leave the Russian parents to bring up their child in Russian.

Of course it's always good to keep an open mind on how a child should be taught, but for me at the moment, I'm sticking with what has worked for me and my children.