PDA

View Full Version : Residency & work permit possible?

Daza
23-05-2008, 13:41
Hello,

I already posted my question to the introductions, and received also a couple of useful answers, thanks for them. However, the issue is not clear to us yet.

We're wondering with my common-law wife (or girlfriend whom I'm living with, however), whether to accept an offer from my employer to move to Moscow. However, us not being married worries me. Is it possible for my girlfriend to get a visa or recidency, whatever is needed, and perhaps (hopefully) a work permit if we are not "legally together"? Has anyone experience on the topic? Is there a risk that my girlfriend wouldn't be able to live with me in Moscow, even if I had a job there?

Just to clarify, my contract would most probably be for two years. This means that we would both need a visa / temporary residency for two years, and a free exit from / entry to Russia during that period of time.

Bels
23-05-2008, 18:44
First things first, are you Russian. secondly your girlfriend can apply for a work permit when she arrives here, secondly she must then find an employer who can employ foreigners. Even better, if she can find an employer before she arrives in Russia. Yu can't have any employer, as the employer must be used to employing foreigners, and get an invitation with the permission of the ministry of freign affairs.

Daza
23-05-2008, 20:58
First things first, are you Russian. secondly your girlfriend can apply for a work permit when she arrives here, secondly she must then find an employer who can employ foreigners. Even better, if she can find an employer before she arrives in Russia. Yu can't have any employer, as the employer must be used to employing foreigners, and get an invitation with the permission of the ministry of freign affairs.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply! No, I'm not Russian, neither is my girlfriend. We are both Finnish, and I'm already working for the same company in Finland, I would only be relocated to Moscow with an expat contract. I'm really not sure if my girlfriend would be able to find any job from Russia, the plan is that she would start learning Russian language after we had moved there, and I would support us. If possible, she would then later on start working. Hence, the important thing at first would be that she would be even able to move with me, no work permission needed (at least immediately) if it's not mandatory for us to live in the same country... Is it possible to get some kind of family visa for her if we are not married?

27-05-2008, 12:36
> Current market price in Moscow market for French citizens is 5.000 euro AFAIK,

SCAM!!!!!

Bels
27-05-2008, 12:56
Hi,

Thanks for your reply! No, I'm not Russian, neither is my girlfriend. We are both Finnish, and I'm already working for the same company in Finland, I would only be relocated to Moscow with an expat contract. I'm really not sure if my girlfriend would be able to find any job from Russia, the plan is that she would start learning Russian language after we had moved there, and I would support us. If possible, she would then later on start working. Hence, the important thing at first would be that she would be even able to move with me, no work permission needed (at least immediately) if it's not mandatory for us to live in the same country... Is it possible to get some kind of family visa for her if we are not married?

Can you not ask the company you are employed with, to sort it out for you.

If you have have a look in the family and cildren forums here, there are some foreign employees either already here or who are planning to come here soon. They have all been provided with everything from their companies, from accomadation, visas, and education for their kids. Perhaps you could PM them about their experiences.

Now the big question. Does Russian red-tape recognise fiances or common law marriages? Or must you be married?

sergeyl
27-05-2008, 20:10
> Current market price in Moscow market for French citizens is 5.000 euro AFAIK,

SCAM!!!!!
You can definitely confirm your statement with something more substantial than 5 exclamatory signs i.e. some links or refs, can't you? Top-managers are subjects in question ...

MissAnnElk
27-05-2008, 20:19
You can definitely confirm your statement with something more substantial than 5 exclamatory signs i.e. some links or refs, can't you? Top-managers are subjects in question ...

You were rambling on about them being French. They are Finns. Your response had nothing to do with the question and looked extremely suspicious.

27-05-2008, 21:05

In my position I *perfectly* know what is possible and what is NOT possible, and at which price.

5000 Euro for this is just a scam, assuming that you REALLY can assist the persons in their problem, what I strongly doubt. If you want to know more about this, PM me your phone number and you will receive a call from an official agency that will explain you why you are scamming...

sergeyl
27-05-2008, 22:04
In my position I *perfectly* know what is possible and what is NOT possible, and at which price.

5000 Euro for this is just a scam, assuming that you REALLY can assist the persons in their problem, what I strongly doubt. If you want to know more about this, PM me your phone number and you will receive a call from an official agency that will explain you why you are scamming...
Thank you for your kind & generous suggestion, but I had talks with a CEO of a legal & auditing Co this morning. I know his name, read his PhD etc.
My motto is "Be polite with unknown strangers". I'm not that curious to discuss serious matters with persons trying to offend me.

MissAnnElk
27-05-2008, 22:13
Thank you for your kind & generous suggestion, but I had talks with a CEO of a legal & auditing Co this morning. I know his name, read his PhD etc.
My motto is "Be polite with unknown strangers". I'm not that curious to discuss serious matters with persons trying to offend me.

No wish to offend nor to be impolite. But Guest is Russian and deals with visas professionally. He knows how this works. He is our resident expert on this.

elis
27-05-2008, 22:30

Now the big question. Does Russian red-tape recognise fiances or common law marriages? Or must you be married?

Not sure if this helps, but my husband's company took care of all visa stuff. I came in on one of those 3 month double entry things and then got the year long accompaning-spouse visa. (or whatever it's called.) Thing is, is that my passport still has my maiden name and I don't ever recall having to present my marriage license.

Bels
27-05-2008, 23:11
Hey! are some of my serioius posts being deleted. Do you people know what you are doing? First of all I do have first hand experience in such situations, and some of you don't. There are some missing posts here. Who's messing about who don't know what they are talking about.

MissAnnElk
27-05-2008, 23:15
Hey! are some of my serious posts being deleted. Do you people know what you are doing? First of all I do have first hand experience in such situations, and some of you don't. There are some missing posts here. Who's messing about who don't know what they are talking about.

I never delete your posts. I did delete some posts in this THREAD. But they weren't yours. It still says who posted and who deleted.

sergeyl
28-05-2008, 00:22
No wish to offend nor to be impolite. But Guest is Russian and deals with visas professionally. He knows how this works. He is our resident expert on this.

Our wishes & best intentions do not always comply with our actions - I just don't want to recite Dante. 'Residency & work permit' were the subject-matters & not a visa support separately. Quite agree with Bels. By the way, d'you really believe that I dunno the difference between Finns & Frenchman? :) Anyway they are foreigners in the eyes of Russian officials to make it clear. Happy deleting. I used to work with all the Europeans but Alnbanians with my knowledge English, German & Spanish :) There are recent restrictions for implementing of foreign manpower in RF & Moscow. So no use disussing at all

phoenixsampras
28-05-2008, 07:29
Those were the most informative posts!!!

Great job Mrs ADMINISTRATOR!!!!

NEXT!!

I never delete your posts. I did delete some posts in this THREAD. But they weren't yours. It still says who posted and who deleted.

kapione
28-05-2008, 08:03

If you have have a look in the family and cildren forums here, there are some foreign employees either already here or who are planning to come here soon. They have all been provided with everything from their companies, from accomadation, visas, and education for their kids. Perhaps you could PM them about their experiences.

the common law marriage is recconized but it is who interprets your "common law domestic situation"