PDA

View Full Version : Russian Citizenship

anatolyn
22-05-2008, 03:06
I was born in the Soviet Union and my parents and I immigrated back in 1989 when it was still the Soviet Union. My parents denounced their Soviet citizenship when they left (mine as well since I was 8 at the time). I am now 26, a US Citizen for the past 8 years and would like to go back to Moscow to work and live.

I am would like to know if anyone know anything about regaining citizenship for a former citizen/resident of Moscow? One that was a minor when loosing citizenship? If there is any other relevent information needed please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank You in advance for everyones help!!!

mishab
17-06-2008, 02:37
I have done exactly what you are asking. Send me a PM and I will be able to help you.

rumson
19-06-2008, 18:14
This is not that uncommon an issue. My sister-in-law and her family emigrated when she was 9 and they all were stripped of their Soviet citizenship at the time. Two years ago she had her citizenship restored. She lives in the UK and the Russian Embassy was very helpful: they have an information sheet and the necessary forms. It was very straightforward. She now has a Russian passport and last summer returned to Russia and obtained an internal passport as well.

If you have any questions, let me know. She will be happy to talk you through it.

Gsmol
24-08-2008, 22:44
Could you pls send me a pm with the details on how to do this as well. Thank you in advance.
Greg

Reverend
25-08-2008, 14:14
The population here is declining at hundreds of thousands of souls per year. The Russian government is delighted to have former Russians return home to help make up for it. Plus a hundred euros here and there will make up for any shortcomings in your paperwork.