View Full Version : Bringing electrical equipment to Moscow from Canada

21-05-2008, 23:25
What do you do with all your electrical equipment? I'm talking about everything from hairdryers to TV's. Does a European adapter work? Is the voltage too high...will i be able to bring my beloved curling wand and not have it blow up on me???http://www.expat.ru/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif

Transparent Theatre
21-05-2008, 23:45
Voltage, sockets and jacks are all identical to France & Germany - anything that works there will work here :)

21-05-2008, 23:48
Or if your things are 110v you can buy a converter unit to decrease the voltage. These are bulky and expensive so you would only really want to have one or two in your house to use the things you really really want to bring. Lots of things are 110/220v - my GHDs for example (hair straighteners) are dual voltage so I can use them here and in the States, as are my TV and DVDR. Check on the back or bottom of the equipment to see.

Billie Bob
21-05-2008, 23:52
north america skippy is 110v...

europe and russia is 220v.

your pc, laptop, traveling stuff will work, mobil p[hones and rrr.. electric shavers, they are already set to be dual voltage... (most l;ikely)

and maybe your curling wand, but look at the volts in the back.

now, in reality you can use all your 110v here, but, you'll need an adapter, a travel adaptor, most likely available at a radio shack store or try a luggage store too.

if you cant find one, then you can get one here too.

but it sucks, and before you know it, the adaptor or the fuse wil burn out, or what have you.

your better off traveling here with out the stuff, and buying it here.. then again, how long do you plan on staying here?

21-05-2008, 23:56
I brought some electronic items into the country from NA. They were 120v rated so I bought adapters (voltage transformers) and brought them here. The electronic equipment is alright but all the transformers failed over a 6 month period. They also consisted of different brands.