PDA

View Full Version : the bring DaveUKagain to moscow fund

Ned Kelly
08-05-2004, 02:45
ok, i'm drunk. trashed in fact. but it is the victory day weekend so that's ok.

anyway, i was thinking, if we all chipped in $10, or $20 for the decadent among us, we could bring DaveUKagain to moscow.

the advantages of this are manifold. just to list a couple:
- cut by 90% the amount of megabytes used up on expat.ru;
- save your eyes from posts that make war and peace look like a gogol short story;
- give dave a chance to see what is going on in moscow to in turn be able to comment with some authority at 3am on the nuances of life in the russian capital.
- give his computer a well-earned rest.

...need i go on?

the $10-$20 would cover an airfare and we could then hopefully persuade ghost or st. winsell to give up a room at their 30 room apartments in the centre of two for DaveUKagain.

even better, the business-orientated among you could even find him a good job without internet access!

i could go on about a moskvichka but won't push it.

what do you think?

DaveUKagain
08-05-2004, 03:08
LOL - cheers, Ned, but - too late, mate !!

Folks, been meaning to mention this BUT it`s not quite time yet - I`m "very probably" off to Florida for, er, quite some time, starting in October. I really don`t want to say too much at the moment, but........ the odds are approaching 90% that I`ll be ovr there for a hell of a long time. 10% chance that it`ll all fail on work permits and visas, but...... shall I shut up ? Yep. ;-)))))))

Ned, cheers, mate :D - if I get there, I`ll get a beer pipeline worked out. If I can find any proper beer in Florida, that is. :D

Now y`know why I`ve been so quiet, ahemmmmmmmm :D - honestly, I`ll say no more, but.............

DaveUKagain
08-05-2004, 03:09
(Naaaaaaah, edited the details out :D)

DaveUKagain
08-05-2004, 03:23
And allow me to send Ned an e-tinny for the thought. ;-))))))

Cheers, mate !! :D

kniga
08-05-2004, 10:28
Dave,

As an expert on Florida, I am sorry to have to break the news to you about beer in that state: they serve only three beers, regular, light and ice -- brand immaterial. They import beer from as far away as Georgia...

Ned Kelly
08-05-2004, 10:39
Originally posted by DaveUKagain
And allow me to send Ned an e-tinny for the thought. ;-))))))

Cheers, mate !! :D

dave, i know it's the thought that counts, but please remove that canned urine from the site asap.

many thanks, ned

DaveUKagain
08-05-2004, 15:54
(done)

Oh oh, you mean I just may be going to beer purgatory ???

am4rw
08-05-2004, 17:05
One warning Dave, Coors ain't beer. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, don't experiment, don't "try just one". You'll be permanently scarred.

The other swill you'll be served will probably turn you into a wino. Don't worry about it.

DaveUKagain
08-05-2004, 17:17
You`re saying Thunderbird MAY be bad for me ? :D

geofizz56
08-05-2004, 17:36
You mean you can't get Louisiana beer in Florida? Abita Turbo-dog ( I think that's the name - it got pretty hazy there...) is pretty good stuff.

Oh, and Dave, remember that Cuban cigars are illegal in the US, but as a Brit you can fly the 90 miles to Havana if you're willing to route through Mexico or Canada. Go figure. We have just GOT to normalize relations - it's not fair that Canadians can hog the beaches...

DaveUKagain
08-05-2004, 18:32
:) Already checked - if I`m on a L1 visa, I can fly to Havana on a UK passport. When I get back, some US Customs fella says, "Where you bin, boah ? " and rips the visa up. ;-))))))) So, crap beer and crap cigars, then - just have to turn up the "English gentleman" impression ( !!! ) and try and impress the girls to make up for it...... ;-))))))))

Teutonic Deity
08-05-2004, 21:55
Originally posted by am4rw
One warning Dave, Coors ain't beer

Q: "What do American beer and having sex in a canoe have in common?"

A: "They are both f***ing close to water."

Ned Kelly
08-05-2004, 23:05
forgot to say, dave, congrats and hope it all comes through.

but what do you want to go to florida for? ok, warm weather and cheap coke. but what about having jeb bush on your tv screen or millions of 90 year-old snow birds flooding the place each year?

come to moscow old son! it's a new frontier. you can pose those history questions of "russia won the second world war, discuss" and people might not roll their eyes. it's the third rome!

oh, and for those wondering about the beer comment, dave posted a tinny of fosters. i am still to find an australian who drinks the stuff - even florida probably has better beer.

kniga
08-05-2004, 23:52
Ned,

Nope, Florida doesn't...

Ned Kelly
09-05-2004, 00:09
Kniga, that's a truly savage indictement on the sunshine state.

DaveUKagain
09-05-2004, 00:57
Even I don`t drink Fosters, Ned, and I drink anything. :D Couldn`t for the life of me find a pic of any other Aussie beer, though - don`t even know any......

Ned Kelly
09-05-2004, 01:01
cooper's ale or pale ale. i think you may even be able to get it at your local manchester supermarket.

DaveUKagain
09-05-2004, 01:11
http://www.coopers.com.au/default2.asp

Ahh rats, so I go over to the Coopers site and get thirsty.... :D Don`t think I`ve seen it around here, Ned.....

DaveUKagain
09-05-2004, 04:54
Awwwwwwwwwwww righty, he said, after a "bijou drinkette" himself, if the beer`s rubbish in Sunny FL, gentlemen, shall we discuss the heady ins and outs of bourbon ? Alas, alack, oi vey and bu88eration, I find m`self a lacking neophyte in such matters.....

Not bad after 250ml of "cheap scotch" (sic) (very) :)

If I have to drink bourbon, with me arm twisted up me back, so be it, anything for "international relations" ........ ;-))))))))))))

Mr K, it appears that our office is in Winter Haven, just outside Orlando. Already pre-rented - so. Dave here goes onto a few sites to say "What`s life like in Winter Haven ? " and gets told "Don`t go there fer God`s sake"...... I`m working on the sound theory that a bottle of Woodford Reserve a day (plus a shed load of cheap cigars) and I won`t care. ;-))))))))))

Ahhh, expat alcoholism, I feel it all coming back, and I ain`t even started yet.... :)

Zachariah
09-05-2004, 08:54
One warning Dave, Coors ain't beer. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, don't experiment, don't "try just one". You'll be permanently scarred.

The other swill you'll be served will probably turn you into a wino. Don't worry about it.

HEY HEY HEY!!! What choo talkin' bout???
Being a proud son of Colorado I know all too well that it is fashionable to bash Coors but I grew upon the stuff and it is just fine!

I would like to dispel the myth of using pure Rocky Mountain water as I worked a mining project at the headwaters of this so called "pure" source. I hope they had some cyanide filters down there at the plant. Truth is the original brewery was built over a natural spring.

Ok,
As you were.

David, Miami was one of my many addresses and the food down there is grand, beans and rice in so many configurations you will never tire of it.
Hint, stay in Florida! Don't think that everyone loves you cause yer a Brit and go wandering out in to Alabama (bubba land).
Z

Zachariah
09-05-2004, 08:56
OOPs, David I just saw you were going to Orlando.............I lived there as well. Orlando is just plain wierd!

kniga
09-05-2004, 09:33
Dave,

Zachariah is a prime example of the old farts you will see lining the benches of St. Petersburg (the OTHER St. Petersburg on the West Coast of Florida) and is full of the beans he has eaten in Miami. I wouldn't water my lawn with Coors, much less Coors Light (what the hell is Coors Light when Coors is so light it floats right out of your glass?). But then, Zachariah is from the great state of Colorado with its huge population of 347 people, so what would you expect? He is right about one thing, though -- the culinary delights of Cuban food, especially in south Florida, are delicious and will put love handles on you quicker than beer. As to Winter Garden, a nice little town spreading out towards the others as Orlando has -- and I know Orlando, I built half the roads there when I was a kid. So, Dave, rely on your local supermarket for your beer supply, but don't look for it in bars (pubs) because they only serve regular, light and ice.

polly
09-05-2004, 10:34
ya'll can send me money, i be strapped an shit. gotta get some fake visa again. lotsa scrilla. scrizewed.

kniga
09-05-2004, 12:11
Polly,

When you sober up, write us about your plight in English (or Russian, for that matter)...

Zachariah
09-05-2004, 17:59
Originally posted by kniga
Dave,

Zachariah is a prime example of the old farts you will see lining the benches of St. Petersburg

and I know Orlando, I built half the roads there when I was a kid.

1. Ouch!! You are brutal today! Jeeezz, that really hurt.

2. So you are responsible for a toll both every 5 miles?? But wait, how is it possible you built all these roads when they had not even invented the wheel yet???

"Who Loves Ya Baby"
Z

Polly, let us know how you feel when you arise this morning.

DaveUKagain
09-05-2004, 18:14
Yep, a friend of mine works in one of Kniga`s toll booths over there. ;-)) Lordy, so Coors is, er, "a matter for debate" ? ;-))))) (As is Orlando ? ;-))))))) ) - ahhh, not really a problem, folks - I just *know* it`s going to be different.

Great thing about the expat life, isn`t it ? You get to blow the cobwebs away and try something new. Several things new, indeed. ;-)))

Little update for you - lease on the US office signed and sealed, US company incorporation complete, just the visa dance (four months minimum (L1`s) and the trading licence, airport security licences etc etc.... and then ... the Coors awaits, or not... ;-)))) )

polly
10-05-2004, 06:41
Polly,

When you sober up, write us about your plight in English (or Russian, for that matter)...

I *was* sober when I wrote that.
I have taken offense.
=P

kniga
10-05-2004, 09:46
Polly,

Many apologies! Since what you wrote was incomprehensible to a native speaker of English, I thought you had imbibed a bit too much Baltica. Apparently Zachariah did, too, but then he is older than dirt and no doubt doesn't understand your generation's variant of English.

kniga
10-05-2004, 09:47
Zachariah,

Mess with me, will you? Now I've dragged you into the canine altercation with Polly! :-) :-) :-)

polly
10-05-2004, 10:02
it is totally comprehensible to native speakers of English, esp those who have left their homes or turned on a television in the past ten years or so. call it non-standard English if you like. ;)
hehe

DaveUKagain
10-05-2004, 15:25
Polly, shall I hold your drink in future whilst you type ? :D (owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww )

Ned Kelly
10-05-2004, 16:14
Polly,

Many apologies! Since what you wrote was incomprehensible to a native speaker of English, I thought you had imbibed a bit too much Baltica. Apparently Zachariah did, too, but then he is older than dirt and no doubt doesn't understand your generation's variant of English.

No, you weren't mistaken. It was drunken babble (take the alcohol excuse while it's there Polly). I've left home and turned on the TV in the last 10 years (sure, turning on last night and getting Iosef Kobzon bellowing suggested I shouldn't do it) and I can tell you Polly was dribbling shite that no native speaker of any generation could understand.:p

Zachariah
10-05-2004, 20:52
I take pride in never turning on a TV!
Polly, my apologies if I offended you in any way. This is much more you will get from that other "old goat". I plead stupidity!
Z

polly
10-05-2004, 22:21
dude you people are all on crack! i had a drink on saturday and before that i was sober and drinkless the whole week! so there! ;) do you want me to "translate" what i wrote, you uppity high-brow socialites?

(note: frosted shredded wheat in cold milk, which i have most recently ingested, contains NO ALCOHOL.)

Ned Kelly
10-05-2004, 22:27
you take your crack with frosted, shredded wheat? is that like the west coast hippy, anti-smoking thing or what?

kniga
10-05-2004, 22:29
Polyy,

Please do translate what you wrote, but I'm not an uppity high-brow socialite, just a good 'ol boy from the South...

polly
10-05-2004, 22:31
The south? jeebus you should need no translation! ;)
yeah i dont think really anyone here is an uppity high-brow socialite. i guess all that sugar in my frosted shredded wheat must have gotten to me.

polly
10-05-2004, 22:35
Originally posted by polly
ya'll can send me money, i be strapped an shit. gotta get some fake visa again. lotsa scrilla. scrizewed.

"You may feel free to send me money, as I have almost none myself. I have again found myself in a situation in which I am forced to buy an invitation for a visa from an agency's fictitious business. It is very expensive. I am F*****."

ya'll = come on, Kniga, you know this...
strapped = broke
"an shit" = means nothing.
lotsa = lots of
scrilla = money (slang, helloooooo)
scrizewed = screwed, snoop style

kniga
10-05-2004, 22:36
Polly,

"lotsa scrilla. scrizewed" isn't heard in my part of the South, so help me out here.

Ned Kelly
10-05-2004, 22:37
polly, let me put on my serious hat for a moment (not that it was ever really off), but you are going to freak when you start seeing prices here.

you're going to be dreaming of arnie's reasonably priced west-coast paradise shortly after touching down.

polly
10-05-2004, 22:40
that serious hat is too small for you.
anyway yeah hon i kinda lived there for like 5 years. i know how freaking expensive everything is there. it's tougher with no job, fresh outta school and a wedding to plan, hence "must be there yesterday."
don't think it's all cheapo over here either. $500 for a room in a shite apartment a 20-minute walk from campus and no car is not my idea of cheap. but the view is spectacular.

DPG
10-05-2004, 22:41
<<ya'll can send me money, i be strapped an shit. gotta get some fake visa again. lotsa scrilla. scrizewed>>

Kniga - I'm a touch disappointed in you (with you being a linguist and everything)!!

I'm about as uppity as they come (not sure about highbrow or a socialite though) and other than the last 2 words of Polly's sentence, even I understood it!!

Also, when I read it out loud to myself, even I had to laugh at how strange it sounded with my accent - I don't think I'd be able to blend-in in the Bronx for very long at all before being spotted as an imposter!!:-)

polly
10-05-2004, 22:42
ehhhh it's a generation thing.

Ned Kelly
10-05-2004, 22:44
i know you lived here for five years but the last year just got even more stupid - like twice so. anyway, you have these joys to look forward to.

have you teed-up a job?

polly
10-05-2004, 22:48
i thought i had teed-up a job and then these damned holidays came and i don't know what is going on or when. and even if the J is T'd, i gotta get my butt over there just ASAP. i mean after i move outta monterey. god i hate moving.

kniga
10-05-2004, 22:51
DPG,

Sure, I understood everything but the last two words. I thought Polly had trouble with the stud in her tongue and was writing what she heard herself saying out loud, but as she points out, it has to be a generational thing.

polly
10-05-2004, 22:52
i already posted the translation kniga, did you not see it yet?
the last two words are spelled out in all their glizory. ;)

polly
10-05-2004, 22:53
... the stud in her tongue ...

ermmm... have we met or was this on a poll somewhere ages ago?

Ned Kelly
10-05-2004, 22:55
DPG,
I thought Polly had trouble with the stud in her tongue and was writing what she heard herself saying out loud, .

you're a legend kniga:p

kniga
10-05-2004, 22:55
Polly,

Yes, thanks, I did see your translation, and I thank you for it. As to the stud in the tongue, it was just a surmise about which generation you're in. :-)

DPG
10-05-2004, 22:56
Polly - that's what I was going to ask him...

Kniga, you sly little blighter! How do you know that she has a stud in her tongue??

[I didn't know, because unless I'm mistaken, Polly and I haven't met...]

DPG
10-05-2004, 22:58
Kniga - Your first drink at our next meeting is on me...

Do you have any idea how rare it is to meet someone who has the in-built skill to infer a tongue stud over both oceanic, geographic and generational gaps in a person they have never met, by reading one sentence...and to actually get it right!!!!

I take back my dissapointment - I'm bloody impressed!!!

polly
10-05-2004, 23:00
well i think we're actually on the same continent at the moment -- is that right, Kniga? so while you should be no less impressed, there're no oceans involved. yet.

DPG
10-05-2004, 23:01
Nope - Polly, he's back over here with us, or at least he was on Friday when I met him for lunch!!!

Ned Kelly
10-05-2004, 23:02
i thought i had teed-up a job and then these damned holidays came and i don't know what is going on or when. and even if the J is T'd, i gotta get my butt over there just ASAP. i mean after i move outta monterey. god i hate moving.

i know it violates the whole west coast-new age thing, but go and work for one of these bastard oil companies for a year, you'll be cruising thereafter.

told you my soul was on the market:(

kniga
10-05-2004, 23:03
Polly,

If you're in Moscow we're on the same continent.

DPG,

I'll hold you to that beer -- thanks! :-)

polly
10-05-2004, 23:03
Originally posted by DPG
Nope - Polly, he's back over here with us, or at least he was on Friday when I met him for lunch!!!

ahhhh!!! ok, put the ocean back in there.

kniga
10-05-2004, 23:05
Polly,

:-)

polly
10-05-2004, 23:06
Originally posted by Ned Kelly
i know it violates the whole west coast-new age thing, but go and work for one of these bastard oil companies for a year, you'll be cruising thereafter.

told you my soul was on the market:(

i was under the impression that the big oils were pretty much boys clubs. not the kind of place an opinionated foreign chick with lots of ideas is welcomed.

Ned Kelly
10-05-2004, 23:06
Full marks Kniga.

am4rw
10-05-2004, 23:09
Originally posted by Zachariah
HEY HEY HEY!!! What choo talkin' bout???
Being a proud son of Colorado I know all too well that it is fashionable to bash Coors but I grew upon the stuff and it is just fine!

I would like to dispel the myth of using pure Rocky Mountain water as I worked a mining project at the headwaters of this so called "pure" source. I hope they had some cyanide filters down there at the plant. Truth is the original brewery was built over a natural spring.

In the 1960s, a lot of hippies moved into the Colorado mountains. Lots of them in Clear Creek Canyon, upstream of Coors. Since the Coors family is somewhere way right of Ronald Reagan, none of aforsaid hippies minded adding their contribution of recycled water (either from their out houses or directly) to the "Rocky Mountain Spring Water" that Coors uses to brew their "beer".

Thus the popular Colorado nickname of "Pure Rocky Mountain Hippie Piss".

Zach, I do believe that you grew up (past tense) on the stuff but it ain't fine (present tense). :D And even the bottled stuff tastes like it was aged in fine aluminum casks with a dead cat for company.

Ned Kelly
10-05-2004, 23:10
i was under the impression that the big oils were pretty much boys clubs. not the kind of place an opinionated foreign chick with lots of ideas is welcomed.

actually, i meant it in the sense that there's a good grasp in russian business these days of the need for a native speaker when dealing with translation.

come on polly, you know opinionated american chicks are about as popular internationally as donald rumsfeld is these days. it's not mother russia discriminating ;)

polly
10-05-2004, 23:12
oh i knooooow. if you saw some bits on my CV you'd understand immediately.

DaveUKagain
11-05-2004, 04:19
I`m from the collar stud generation, unfortunately..... "out of touch" ain`t in it. ;-)))))))

Hey, Zach - fellow TV non - watcher - I1ll buy you a non Coors at some point. ;-))))))))))))))

Zachariah
11-05-2004, 08:02
Polly,

"lotsa scrilla. scrizewed" isn't heard in my part of the South, so help me out here.
Kniga I do not think they had this kind of slang in your part of the south!

Polly, frosted shredded wheat.....how dare you even mention this here.
Z

polly
11-05-2004, 08:30
;) it was sooooooo good too!
muhahaha!
shall i bring you a box when i finally come over?

VOLDEMAR
11-05-2004, 11:06
Dave, what ever you do, if you do go to florida watch out for old people singing mickey Mouse Songs and as for Coor's "if you build it they will come" isnt quite what the United States of America has been famous for, with there watered down Beer at 0.5% Alcohol. BUT at least you can put on your CV, that you lived within a stone's throw from Disney Land and never looked back. but I am willing to bet a Canadian Looney, That you wished you took up the offer to come back to Moscow!!!!!

Cheers and Goodluck in the Sunshine State:cool:

Zachariah
11-05-2004, 11:35
In the 1960s, a lot of hippies moved into the Colorado mountains. Lots of them in Clear Creek Canyon, upstream of Coors. Since the Coors family is somewhere way right of Ronald Reagan, none of aforsaid hippies minded adding their contribution of recycled water (either from their out houses or directly) to the "Rocky Mountain Spring Water" that Coors uses to brew their "beer".

As for the popular "nickname"..........never heard it before?

Thus the popular Colorado nickname of "Pure Rocky Mountain Hippie Piss".

Zach, I do believe that you grew up (past tense) on the stuff but it ain't fine (present tense). :D And even the bottled stuff tastes like it was aged in fine aluminum casks with a dead cat for company.

Wrong again,
Operating Gold Mines have been dumping cycanide leach into Clear Creek for 125 years. Long before a bunch of LSD using, draft dodger wannabes ever used the creek for an outhouse. Like I said, they do not use that water and never have. The creek is just a symbol as everyone thinks mountain water is so bloody pure?

As for the "popular nickname"...........never heard of that one before? So were you like livin' in one of them shacks on the banks of the clear creek?

All them there hippies bought into that dumb ass mountain they were living on up there in the "Peoples Republic of Boulder" and it is now some of the most expensive property in the state. Irrelevant I know but I am on a roll here so let me go.:eek:

The Coors family being just to the right of Ronald Reagan is irrelevant as he has not been president or even known his own name for 16 years. I do not think this has any effect on the taste of the beer. :D

The bottom line is that it is fashionable to say Coors sucks, regardless. I agree that it is not the best but better than most mass produced American beers.

Jesus, I just wrote a Dave UK response.:stop:

Regards,
Z

kniga
11-05-2004, 12:41
Ned,

Thank you, but after all, I am a, uh, linguist... :-)

Ned Kelly
11-05-2004, 12:45
yes, and i appreciated the strategic "uh" in this latest post. contemporary enough for polly to understand you.:p

anyway, the original was a terrific jibe.

kniga
11-05-2004, 13:01
Ned,

Well, it's always nice to receive a compliment instead of getting slagged.

Ned Kelly
11-05-2004, 13:12
yes, but one needs a good slagging to appreciate a compliment.

anyway, you're respected, not slagged.

ghost on the other hand....;)

kniga
11-05-2004, 13:18
:-)

Zachariah
11-05-2004, 13:18
Ned,

Well, it's always nice to receive a compliment instead of getting slagged.

Book,
I apologize for any offense I may have made to you at any time. Please take me back as a trusted friend. I never knew this was an issue until now. I respect you, really I do!
Z
:wavey:

kniga
11-05-2004, 14:22
Zachariah,

When were you ever a trusted friend? It was I, who was the trusted friend, dragging you out of bars and saving you from all those lusty ladies...

Zachariah
11-05-2004, 14:34
Again, I hate it when you point out the obvious!

Ned Kelly
11-05-2004, 14:47
jeez, and kshisya was accusing trampler and i of acting like two old farts finding?:p

kniga
11-05-2004, 15:09
Ned,

Compared to Zachariah and me, you two are Ben Afflick and Brad Pitt...

Zachariah
11-05-2004, 15:47
Yeah, we are more like Jack Nicholson and Dennis Hopper.

Ned Kelly
11-05-2004, 15:47
i think i'd rather be an old fart, thanks very much;)

Ned Kelly
11-05-2004, 16:21
Yeah, we are more like Jack Nicholson and Dennis Hopper.

now, there's a cool image!

my liver is a bit like jack nicholson's right now.:p

kniga
11-05-2004, 16:51
Ned,

Maybe us old farts ought to get together and hoist a couple of tankards sometime.

Ned Kelly
11-05-2004, 16:54
Ned,

Maybe us old farts ought to get together and hoist a couple of tankards sometime.

that'd be cool.

Alethea
11-05-2004, 16:59
Ned,

now that's getting nasty!

I can qualify for an old tart um fart, still noone invite me for a cool drink sometime.

kniga, neddy-boy is too young to be spoilt like that. :D:D

Ned Kelly
11-05-2004, 17:10
Originally posted by Alethea
now that's getting nasty!

I can qualify for an old tart um fart, still noone invite me for a cool drink sometime.

kniga, neddy-boy is too young to be spoilt like that. :D:D

ok, i'll chaperone the two of you if you'd like a drink some time.;)

Alethea
11-05-2004, 17:17
ok, i'll chaperone the two of you if you'd like a drink some time.;)

You have me lost here.

do you mean you will chaperone :
1) kniga and me
2) me and kniga
3) a tart and a fart? ( or is it same as options 1 and 2)

kniga, I agree to play an oldie goody fart if you game for being a tart for sometime.

Ned Kelly
11-05-2004, 17:20
You have me lost here.

do you mean you will chaperone :
1) kniga and me
2) me and kniga
3) a tart and a fart? ( or is it same as options 1 and 2)

kniga, I agree to play an oldie goody fart if you game for being a tart for sometime.

hmmm, someone's sugar levels are getting too high again i see:p

kniga
11-05-2004, 17:29
Well, I can see this is getting out of hand. I'll just stand by until someone sorts all this out.

Ned Kelly
11-05-2004, 17:31
kniga, polly won't be online for hours.

Alethea
11-05-2004, 17:33
no hassle, guys

enjoy your beer.

[Alethea takes out a can of cold Coopers from a fridge, waving towards her virtual co-drinkers Ned and kniga]

Ned Kelly
11-05-2004, 17:36
no hassle, guys

enjoy your beer.

[Alethea takes out a can of cold Coopers from a fridge, waving towards her virtual co-drinkers Ned and kniga]

oh, that was a low blow.

Zachariah
11-05-2004, 17:39
no hassle, guys

enjoy your beer.

Ok, What did I miss this time?

Alethea
11-05-2004, 17:41
Ok, What did I miss this time?

not much, Zach, trust me.

I tried to seduce kniga and ned with a bottle of COLD Coopers.

DaveUKagain
11-05-2004, 17:47
The cyanide`ll be coming out soon - no one slip up here. :)

Zachariah
11-05-2004, 18:27
not much, Zach, trust me.

I tried to seduce kniga and ned with a bottle of COLD Coopers.

Let me guess....... That old goat Book was too slow to take the bait?
Z

Alethea
11-05-2004, 18:31
Let me guess....... That old goat Book was too slow to take the bait?
Z

quite the opposite, he was quick enough to pass ned ahead,
snatch the bottle and run away

ned, cut down your smokin, slow runner

kniga
11-05-2004, 18:57
Ned,

Fast company, this girlfriend of yours, Alethea...

Alethea
11-05-2004, 19:04
Ned,

Fast company, this girlfriend of yours, Alethea...

kniga,

I already packed and wanted to shut down Windows, but really!

I wish I had a b/f as nice as ned, but unfortunately he is engaged with a last-year-winner model (173cm,34DD, blonde, high degree in snogging and so on)

Ned and me - JUST friends ( I wish it was otherwise). Our brains are synchronized, that's true. But it takes more than brains to win ned's heart. [sobbing]

I will touch a base tomorrow, guys, bye-bye

Zachariah
11-05-2004, 21:41
Guys,
Now you have to admit that the room gets awful quiet when she leaves!
Z

polly
11-05-2004, 22:29
yes, and i appreciated the strategic "uh" in this latest post. contemporary enough for polly to understand you.:p

anyway, the original was a terrific jibe.

Hmm... I guess now if I ever do get a beer from you it's going directly in your face.

kniga
11-05-2004, 22:49
Polly,

I didn't offer you a beer, but would gladly do so, only I would not wish to have my friendly gestured returned in such a manner.

Alethea
12-05-2004, 00:17
Guys,
Now you have to admit that the room gets awful quiet when she leaves!
Z

Zach,

I take it a compliment. I love your solid sense of English humour

however, it's time to hug my soft pillow .

nighty night and don't let the bugs bite :p

Ned Kelly
12-05-2004, 00:46
Polly,

I didn't offer you a beer, but would gladly do so, only I would not wish to have my friendly gestured returned in such a manner.

think that was directed at yours truly. and was probably deserved.:p

polly
12-05-2004, 03:54
Polly,

KNIGA!! my snot was not directed at you! Mr Ned got it. =)